Dark Owl Marathon OG Auto

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
After 8 days at 60% and 68f I had to snapp of a nug. This stuff is FIRE! More smell, OG funk than I have had in a while. And best of all... FLAVOR!! I have only tried one of the smallest bud so now I am having a hard time waiting on the rest. The tops were pretty much finished and should be worth the wait. They will get a good final cure after another week of drying. I think this would have been a good time for a two stage harvest. It seems like the 100 watt HLG was not enough to finish the lowers on time with the tops.
With all that in mind I will be doing a Dark Owl run in my other tent as soon as I have the space. I have seen many others since I started this thread that have had great success with Dark/Night Owl Autos. If you havent tried an auto these genetics are a good place to start.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
Here are some pics of the finished buds 1 week ito cure. These are the kind I dont even want to trim. the sugar leaves are completley coated with trics. The buds are a a lttle airy on the lowers. Each branch had a nice golf ball or bigger dense nug on top. It yielded right around 2 oz and I had more than one sample😏 Not the best pics, I will post some closeups when I get a few of the big chunkers out to smoke on.20221121_071448 (1).jpg20221120_155611.jpg20221120_155728.jpg

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I saw the build a soil guy stunted his with the solo cup. Now he is going to run a new batch 12/12. The breeder says to transplant no more than ten days from sprout into final container and the breeder uses 5 gallons for final pot and says 18/6 is the best way to go.. I think thats is where the BAS guys got stunted, I like to plant directly in promix in the center of the final container almost on top of the soil. It does not give it a chance to get stunted the roots spread out looking for food and then when they find it it takes off! There is also a way to increase veg time by adding more N at this stage before it starts stretching. I will try this on the next one. It is possible to get a 5 footer yielding 4 or more zips if done right. I have bought a lot of seeds and this is what I have been looking for.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I saw the build a soil guy stunted his with the solo cup. Now he is going to run a new batch 12/12. The breeder says to transplant no more than ten days from sprout into final container and the breeder uses 5 gallons for final pot and says 18/6 is the best way to go.. I think thats is where the BAS guys got stunted, I like to plant directly in promix in the center of the final container almost on top of the soil. It does not give it a chance to get stunted the roots spread out looking for food and then when they find it it takes off! There is also a way to increase veg time by adding more N at this stage before it starts stretching. I will try this on the next one. It is possible to get a 5 footer yielding 4 or more zips if done right. I have bought a lot of seeds and this is what I have been looking for.
That's a beautiful result, and I hope it smokes well. I think my main issue with auto's is hemp. Best one I have gotten (all freebies) was a ChemD auto from Ethos. But compared to actual ChemD it lacked punch. The flavor was there, the high was good but not 'memorable' like the real thing.

I personally think that there are a few good possibilities for the auto's. It will be how marlboro can grow fields of plants from seed quick and maybe not have them be complete trash. And (I hope) people realize that crossing their favorite strain with hemp is not going to make it better, just quicker.

Another possible future should be actual medical. The 100% CBD, CBG, etc. plants. Start pumping up those numbers and give me a 60day plant that turns 25-30% CBD or 30-40% total cannabinoids with a fat mix of things. If I am gonna grow a plant that doesn't get me high I want it quick and dirty. Auto that stuff up all day ;)

Also, if you are growing for terps to add to extractions or flavor vape pens, having it come from a Lemon Tree auto would be better than it coming from actual lemon extracted terps. And again, for commercial it would be quick turnaround.

Anyway - let us know the skinny once it's cured! And I agree on the trim. That's the stuff where when you get to the end the shake is worthwhile LOL

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
After a tester nug... I let a water jug overflow on the kitchen counter, then started a cup of coffee with no cup under the coffee maker. Just as soon as I turned off the water I turned around and saw the coffee going on the floor. Thats a good sign of potency.☺ Definitely not a wake and bake strain. I am also having a hard time staying out of that jar. That is also a good sign.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
After a tester nug... I let a water jug overflow on the kitchen counter, then started a cup of coffee with no cup under the coffee maker. Just as soon as I turned off the water I turned around and saw the coffee going on the floor. Thats a good sign of potency.☺ Definitely not a wake and bake strain. I am also having a hard time staying out of that jar. That is also a good sign.
Worst I have done is go to get that nice fresh cup of cof... hot water because you forgot to put the damn grounds in the filter 😜

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
hell thats an average day for me!i must be stoned also!

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Here are some pics of the finished buds 1 week ito cure. These are the kind I dont even want to trim. the sugar leaves are completley coated with trics. The buds are a a lttle airy on the lowers. Each branch had a nice golf ball or bigger dense nug on top. It yielded right around 2 oz and I had more than one sample😏 Not the best pics, I will post some closeups when I get a few of the big chunkers out to smoke on.View attachment 122637View attachment 122641View attachment 122642
this i will have to stick around to hear about.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I am finally getting back around to the rest of the pack of Dark Owl's Marathon Og Autos and decided to do the whole tent with Autos. I threw in some Mephisto Forum Stompers and some Top Gun that were freebies from Multiverse Beans. I didnt take any pics until today because there wasnt much going on until the last week or so. After a top dress and a deep watering they are taking off. One of the Marathons seems to have been stunted. I let the bed dry out completely because I had an infestation of springtails. A little DE and no water for two weeks and they were gone. I think there was some dry pockets in the bed and the MOG got stunted when it hit the dry soil in the corner of the bed. One of the FS has a stunted side branch but the other one is looking good and frosting up a little. This is day 4220230910_080835.jpg20230910_080848.jpg20230910_080857.jpg20230910_080906.jpg20230910_080914.jpg

Opie1

Master Grower
That’s awesome! Nice work. I just finished a Cookie Smasher that turned out really nice. Only thing was it ended up growing into the light at about 5ft so I cut the top out of it. The tops that were left still got a little bleached out but overall I was impressed with it. I had it in a 5g of ProMix, and I didn’t weigh it but I’d say it was well over 3o’s. I was gonna top it before it started flowering but changed my mind, I wish I had of now. It was some strong fruity smelling stuff, the only downside was the buds weren’t compact, which I’m sure was because of the heat. If it hadn’t been middle of the summer I’m sure the flowers would have developed better. I was still happy with it and will grow more.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
What's your thoughts on atlas?
This is my 1st time trying anything from them. I did a quick search on them and it seems they are setting up to supply a lot of bigger outdoor operations. The plants I have are very fast growing but aren't putting out the frost or the smells that I am getting from the Dark Owl or the Mephisto.
It is looking like a big yield but I am looking for flavor. I will let you know how they finish.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
That’s awesome! Nice work. I just finished a Cookie Smasher that turned out really nice. Only thing was it ended up growing into the light at about 5ft so I cut the top out of it. The tops that were left still got a little bleached out but overall I was impressed with it. I had it in a 5g of ProMix, and I didn’t weigh it but I’d say it was well over 3o’s. I was gonna top it before it started flowering but changed my mind, I wish I had of now. It was some strong fruity smelling stuff, the only downside was the buds weren’t compact, which I’m sure was because of the heat. If it hadn’t been middle of the summer I’m sure the flowers would have developed better. I was still happy with it and will grow more.
I will have to try that one. That Dark Owl was the first auto I grew out that was worth taking a picture of. They have really come a long way. That was some of the best smoke I have grown. I saved this nug til the end but its all gone now. It had the most keif I have ever seen, just falling of of the buds.
I can see why a lot of people still look down at autos but I see a great potential for guys who dont want to keep clones to be able to have dank smoke consistently. On this run I had two that were stunted but they still both have the same looks, smell and structure as the one that turned out so nice. Its just a matter of giving them what they need to blow up fast. I am trying something new for me wich is vegging out some photos right beside the flowering autos in the same bed. This gives me 84 days to veg out some huge photos and be able to chop some fire autos along way. I am keeping the RH higher than normal but everything seems to be happy.image.jpg20230918_194006 (1).jpg

Last edited: