Curing containers???

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Most of us don’t have a room or device for “perfect conditions”, and if you did, then the hang til it snaps might work.
If you don’t have perfect conditions, get it in a container well before the snapping point so you can control the rate of drying.
if i told you how much money and time I’ve spent making my inner room to make my growroom ( flower )/ harvest ( it’s the same room)

prolly not believe or just just jesu your ocd and wasting your money. But I dint play tent level and it’s like asking a beer brewer and a dude trying to brew beer at his home how to brew it? Well there’s a lot of ways to brew it but guess what? If you don’t do it the correct why it sucks and no one wants to drink it but you ;)

and also why do you think wine and even cigars have such art in the process eh? Think it’s a little bit in the art? Well it’s funny so many people or even LP or fairly high in the food chain can’t even figure out exp in cannabis cause it’s been so probition they can sell terp killed crap. things will change when people see and demand good stuff cause there’s 1 dollar wine and 1 dollar cigars but there’s always very expensive versions of all of these and you wanna know why? If the art

if you can’t figure that out maybe you need to watch how it’s made on history channel ?

Agreed - even if it means that burping includes dumping the container to let it air for a few minutes as well.
do you even understand what burping is? You never take out the bud? rule is you always leave a gap of 20-30% in the bucket and burp it for 7-14 days for 30-1hr and longer you go and the way you can ”confirm” it for final 62% humidty is with a humidty probe. If too high , keep burping . always have the 62% silica cell whole time so there’s a perfect % score and it will even retain anything that’s above and if your bud is too low, it will raise. key is to have it from the start so you don’t fuck it up cause once a terp is fucked your done . just like any food like a potato chip it’s fragile from air h]umidty and light and inless In nitrogen infused ( that’s how chips are done , they remove the the air and add that) hints why when you open the bag and wonder why = omg my shelf life is 100x worse after opening even if you seal it or clip it properly it keep it in the dark . Cannabis clubs do the same thing

I have a buddy who does this. I personally use Mason Jars and stocked up a long time ago. My only concern is the plastic off gassing. Maybe not a big deal. But, I just feel like glass is where it should be.
this is why I suggested “food grade” and gamma seals ( also food grade” nothing in those products will “gas off”

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
And jars leak and you lose your terps . Why the fuck do people think it’s the cure and process ? Dude its only for the temporary inless you don’t want your terps or your go new smoke it/sell it in that’s time ( less than a month)

Now1more

Super Active Member
@Burned Haze Jars do leak, it's why when canning and stuff you have to boil the damn things! Lol. Most people think that they are protected and seal right up. When I have a big crop and know that I have a head stash on a particular strain I have a block of bees wax that I melt with a plumber's torch to seal it. I had to dip into a stash that had set for two years because I got robbed last year. Let me tell you, it was better than when I was actively smoking it on a daily basis.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member

after burping and you trim it, so you don’t lose terps =

if you can’t nitrogen , these will preserve your stuff for along time vs jars. Jars are for your 1 month stash.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
if you can’t figure that out maybe you need to watch how it’s made on history channel ?
Whoa. Chill, Dude. Many of us don’t have the resources to set up a perfect environment for drying, or even growing, like you might.

If you’re not at the“ pro level”, like many of us, and there are some new growers here who might be misled by your advice to dry the weed until it snaps. A few of us have been down this ghetto road a few times and we know what works when you don’t have a perfect environment. In this case, if you don’t have a perfect environment for curing, you should probably get your stuff in a JAR BEFORE it snaps.

I don’t have any beef with you man, and I’m sure you know what works for you. I’m just letting others out there know that there are options for how one dries one’s weed.

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Whoa. Chill, Dude. Many of us don’t have the resources to set up a perfect environment for drying, or even growing, like you might.

If you’re not at the“ pro level”, like many of us, and there are some new growers here who might be misled by your advice to dry the weed until it snaps. A few of us have been down this ghetto road a few times and we know what works when you don’t have a perfect environment. In this case, if you don’t have a perfect environment for curing, you should probably get your stuff in a JAR BEFORE it snaps.

I don’t have any beef with you man, and I’m sure you know what works for you. I’m just letting others out there know that there are options for how one dries one’s weed.
I’m just saying , you can’t change what works and just like how salsa is made or a pizza is made. If you wanna make it homemade vs the big boys ? think they have a little art on why home made sucks ?

you can’t bash on a dude or say it won’t work when I went out of my way and gave you a tutorial and that’s the exact way even big ag commerical cannabis does. They use 55 gal drums vs 5 gal and turn and and burp that way. You think they use jars?

but you think they are going to fuck up on environment ? The other top I didn’t “ give “ for free. Is you need your room cold, both the last 1.5 weeks-1 weeks before harvest and when your drying it 68 degree, some do 50f and lower. Terps are sensitive to temps

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’m just saying , you can’t change what works and just like how salsa is made or a pizza is made. If you wanna make it homemade vs the big boys ? think they have a little art on why home made sucks ?

you can’t bash on a dude or say it won’t work when I went out of my way and gave you a tutorial and that’s the exact way even big ag commerical cannabis does. They use 55 gal drums vs 5 gal and turn and and burp that way. You think they use jars?

but you think they are going to fuck up on environment ? The other top I didn’t “ give “ for free. Is you need your room cold, both the last 1.5 weeks-1 weeks before harvest and when your drying it 68 degree, some do 50f and lower. Terps are sensitive to temps
You know what man, my home made ANYTHING tastes better than anything you buy from the store.

And who the fuck was bashing on you? I never said your way doesn’t work. I’m sure it works great with your set up. I simply added an alternative method for someone that doesn’t have unlimited resources.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Jars do leak, it's why when canning and stuff you have to boil the damn things!
Boiling and canning hot is to create a vacuum - and it works because they do seal. So does vacuum sealing the jars without heat.

Not going to get into the rH packs. For long term storage it might not be necessary once your weed is AT that %. Because the jars seal. For the first month or so after harvest they are perfect.

Now1more

Super Active Member

You're correct sir!

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
the colder my temps the longer I can dry. before i use to only be able to hit 65-70 they would dry out in 7 to 10 days. now since i can run them colder at 60 degrees with 60% humidity it takes a little longer at 10-14 days. this has been whats worked best for me.

i also stop watering my plants 7 to 10 days before harvesting and let them die on the vine so im not sure if this affects my drying times or not.

ive used both the plastic containers and glass jars and i cant notice any kind of real difference. id use glass jars over anything else if i could but with harvesting so much at 1 time its just not going to be possible.

also used the humidity packs but only after 1 to 2 months has passed. Usually the jars are still at 60% humidity but for storage any longer than 1 to 2 months i like to add a pack just to make sure it doesnt dry out.

it deff could rob terps tho. more research needs done on them. i read somewhere that it adds a water molecule ontop of the trichs but i have no idea if there is any truth in that or not.

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Boiling and canning hot is to create a vacuum - and it works because they do seal. So does vacuum sealing the jars without heat.

Not going to get into the rH packs. For long term storage it might not be necessary once your weed is AT that %. Because the jars seal. For the first month or so after harvest they are perfect.
I did a little experimenting with sealing jars last year. I took two jars and placed half the flower of a plant in each with an RH meter, I burped one traditionally and the other under vacuum (foodsaver). The vacuum finished stabilizing to 62% sooner (one week vs. two).
Once at 62% I threw in a boveda pack.

It worked and flavor loss was minimal or even noticeable. Would I do it for my whole crop? No, but if I wanted to sample a few early then absolutely.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I did a little experimenting with sealing jars last year. I took two jars and placed half the flower of a plant in each with an RH meter, I burped one traditionally and the other under vacuum (foodsaver). The vacuum finished stabilizing to 62% sooner (one week vs. two).
Once at 62% I threw in a boveda pack.

It worked and flavor loss was minimal or even noticeable. Would I do it for my whole crop? No, but if I wanted to sample a few early then absolutely.
I'm usually doing 1-4 small plants at a time, so I do that religiously. After it's hung dry I vacuum it with an rH pack. If it was a little dry it will pick up some weight. Like marinating chicken, it opens the pores up and allows the whole bud to equalize (moisture content) instead of being damp in the middle of big buds.

angel4us

Super Active Member
So how many guys initially hang with sugar leaf on -no wet trim ... for five days
And who wet trims and then hang to dry till time to cure ???
I always in the past wet trimmed and hung but am willing to try the other method ????

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I've only tried one method since I've only harvested once. Trim off anything without trichomes, bud wash and hang until ready to go in jars. I'm too worried to leave it untrimmed because of the high humidity.

For me it all varies/depends on season and plant size. You have to know your parameters...

Summer I can hang for longer periods of time and smaller plants aren’t an issue because the humidity is higher. Winter is awesome because I can cold cure, preserving the terpenes which are quite volatile as mentioned...

I go the easiest route for me stripping large fan leaves and then hang drying the whole plant. After 7+ days I’ll go back and break everything down from the branches and put into containers. From there I’ll burp/cure as needed...after years you know what you want your nugs to feel like etc.

After a few weeks in the jar I’ll take them out and do the final trim.