Crockett Family Farms

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
I love the smell of these Lemon Banana Sherbets, sounds like you may give more points to the Tangie. I still have not tried it but liked your answer, it's all good. Dang it, now I want to try the Tangie. It never ends.

The cross I did with the Lemon Banana Sherbet & my SSDD x Blueberry Hashplant male is really putting out some smells. Big time Banana. It will finish early too. Surprising how early it is in this weird west coast weather year.

DSC04070.jpg

THT

Really Active Member
Update on sour sunset.
.. I'm disappointed with this strain so far. I didnt seem to find a good expression in my small search, and honestly I'm hesitant to run any more.. this gurl looks good overall but really light on trich coverage and lacking a strong aroma. I don't see the last few weeks of flower taking this particular expression into the winners circle.
20190825_184040.jpg20190825_184044.jpg20190825_184049.jpg

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Update on sour sunset.
.. I'm disappointed with this strain so far. I didnt seem to find a good expression in my small search, and honestly I'm hesitant to run any more.. this gurl looks good overall but really light on trich coverage and lacking a strong aroma. I don't see the last few weeks of flower taking this particular expression into the winners circle.
View attachment 19407View attachment 19408View attachment 19410
Beautiful plants @THT . The smells coming from your garden sound delicious. I am headed out to the fridge now to see what fruit we have. I am having a craving for some reason.LOL

THT

Really Active Member
Sour sunset has been chopped, the end result is not the best. Very reminiscent of stardawg in the smell but not quite as nice. I plan on another round or two with tangie very soon so I can stock up on bud and seeds. In the meantime, enjoy these bag of oranges x sour strawberries which are quite spectacular
BoO leaner
20190913_201619.jpg

Sour strawberries leaner
20190913_201440.jpg

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Sour sunset has been chopped, the end result is not the best. Very reminiscent of stardawg in the smell but not quite as nice. I plan on another round or two with tangie very soon so I can stock up on bud and seeds. In the meantime, enjoy these bag of oranges x sour strawberries which are quite spectacular
BoO leaner
View attachment 21732

Sour strawberries leaner
View attachment 21735
Sour sunset was a disappointment? Bummer, I thought it sounded promising. What was the disappointment?

bag of oranges x sour strawberries looks good. I have a BOO hanging that I have high hopes for as well.

My Lemon Banana Sherbets are hanging too, sure like the smell.

What was your favorite this year?

Reactions: THT

THT

Really Active Member
Sour sunset was a disappointment? Bummer, I thought it sounded promising. What was the disappointment?

bag of oranges x sour strawberries looks good. I have a BOO hanging that I have high hopes for as well.

My Lemon Banana Sherbets are hanging too, sure like the smell.

What was your favorite this year?
Well let me take a step back first, sour sunset is not really all that disappointing. After a little cure time it does possess a decent flavor and potency. I was not all that impressed with the structure, size, density, and partially biased because I've had a lot of great stardawg recently and this just doesn't make the cut. I wasnt expecting a chemy strain here.

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Well let me take a step back first, sour sunset is not really all that disappointing. After a little cure time it does possess a decent flavor and potency. I was not all that impressed with the structure, size, density, and partially biased because I've had a lot of great stardawg recently and this just doesn't make the cut. I wasnt expecting a chemy strain here.
Funny how the cure can really improve things sometimes. I have heard good things about that Sour Sunset but phenos can vary a lot.

I told you I had given away a Lemon Banana Sherbet female to a friend. He brought a jar over yesterday. He is so proud of it. It checked all the boxes. Really nice. Maybe more fragrant than my pheno. An easy grow for rookies.

Still early in the year? Not for outdoors. I am nearly done. Got a good yield on the Crockett stuff. You sure make me want to run that Tangie tho. I won't be firing up the indoors for a couple months still.

Deez. Nutz

I've heard that the blood orange strain retains the tangie terps while increasing the potentcy, just curious if you found this to be true.

Can't remember if you stated whether or not you've tried the boo strain, but if so, how do these compare?

awesome write up btw!

THT

Really Active Member
I've heard that the blood orange strain retains the tangie terps while increasing the potentcy, just curious if you found this to be true.

Can't remember if you stated whether or not you've tried the boo strain, but if so, how do these compare?
Thanks deez, I found the blood orange to be VERRY similar to tangie in every way. hard to really find a noticable difference between the two honestly.
when you ask about the BOO strain, are you referring to usefuls bag of oranges or something else?

Deez. Nutz

Sorry, Yes I meant usefuls' seeds.

Figured I'd similar I would go with those due to the price point difference.

I've grown tangie, a few hybrids of it, as well as holly and ao. I've found unadulterated tangie to be the best terp wise, but the seeds are currently difficult to come by.

I will admit the blood orange sorbet's also do look good, and have alsoreceived positive reviews.

Freaking decisions.

THT

Really Active Member
Sorry, Yes I meant usefuls' seeds.

Figured I'd similar I would go with those due to the price point difference.

I've grown tangie, a few hybrids of it, as well as holly and ao. I've found unadulterated tangie to be the best terp wise, but the seeds are currently difficult to come by.

I will admit the blood orange sorbet's also do look good, and have alsoreceived positive reviews.

Freaking decisions.
Take a look at the useful thread here or on rollitup, I have posted my grows of BOO, it's a phenomenal strain as far as feminized seeds are concerned. I would stick with tangie for those terps and I agree nothing quite competes. I have made tangie x sour strawberry ( f3 at this point) and consider this strain to be on par with the original tangie. also recently crossed tangie with uptown brown, have high hope's for this one.