Crockett Family Farms

THT

Really Active Member
Figured I'd start this thread here since I am currently exploring a handful of their strains.

Here's what I can say so far from what I have ran.

Sour Tangie:
I have seen three expressions from this strain. One is all tangie, one is all sour diesel and one is a mix of the two.
Sour Tangie #1 was the mix expression ended up being my selection for a mama and several crosses. Enormous buds, surprisingly fast flowering and incredible citrus fuel on the nose. Taste follow's suit. She was back crossed to a Tangie leaning Sour Tangie male, mainly selected for his tangie structure and smells. Easy to clone and pretty tolerant to stress as well.
SourTangie1Harvest.jpg
Sourtangie1Harvest2.jpg

Sour Tangie #2 was the Sour Diesel leaner, hard to tell from the bud structure though, she was small and while the smells were really spot on to SD, the taste was not as relevant.
SourTangie2Harvest.jpg

Sour Tangie #3 was arguably the best tasting of the three expressions, but slow flower and small structure ruled her out for me
SourTangie3Harvest.jpg

Tangie
Now Tangie blew me away... I've so far seen two expressions,
Tangie#1 has a slightly more 'skunk' smell but a much better overall structure, size, density, and visual appeal. I say slightly more skunk but its an incredibly orange ( like calli-o ) deep musk with that hint of skunk. The flavors are unbelievable and overpower the smoke, you could hit this stuff out of 3 day old bong water and taste nothing but orange dank, no other way to describe the levels of flavors. Literally everything else about this expression was on point.
Tangie1.jpg

Tangie #2 was slightly less desirable in terms of just about everything except FLAVOR. The smell is like orange and motor oil but the flavor is overpowering the flavor of that crusty ass old bowl you haven't cleaned in 3 years, its ridiculous. Everyone who tried both expressions agreed unanimously that #2 was the better, stronger taste. Downside is the structure, size, density, flower time, sensitivity, freaking everything else was inferior. I had to keep both until I figure out what to do with them...
Tangie2.jpg

Whew where are we now...

Blood Orange:
Once this strain started flowering I realized it was smelling just like my Tangie#2 however, Blood orange appeared to be better in all the ways Tangie#2 lacked. Time/Space are always limited so I decided to let my sour tangie male have a bit of fun with her. This resulted in a metric shit ton of seeds. The offspring are on my list to get to eventually for testing.. a few folks have received some already and if I'm lucky they'll share the results with me some day too.
BloodOrange1.jpg

Sour Strawberries
I popped a few of these on a recommendation from the seed bank where I got them (MainCloneCompany). Damn ok, they were right. In the long past I grew a strain that smelled JUST like this called Raw Diesel. So for that reason these terpenes are nostalgic and really pleasant, hard to describe and everyone loves it. I had my pick at a few males so to preserve this line I picked one and let him rip. (I think ill see about 500 seeds from this). I also used his pollen to hit Tangie#1, Tangie#2, Sour Tangie#1, lemon banana sherbet, and @Useful Bag of oranges.
SourStraw1.jpg
SourStraw1Harvest.jpg

Lemon Banana Sherbet:
Another one of those recommendations from the seed bank... and another bulls-eye. I'm used to being let down and disappointed a lot more than this. I'm starting to sound like a Crockett family shill.. but wtf yall.. the cards don't lie.
So to sum this plant up.. two very similar expressions (so far), #1 is bigger, louder, and faster than #2.. Smells like a lemon.. and a banana.. really smooth and loud.. everyone loves it.... oh yeah I also let the Sour Strawberries male have his way with her.
Here is a shot of #1, I can only attach 10 photos so ill post more after

LemBanSher1.jpg

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
Hey @THT! I gotta get out more, I just saw your thread. Looking good. 2 weeks later bet they are better now.

I am a fan of this Lemon Banana Sherbet too, it did so well last year, ended up being one of my faves.

You can see this girl is stretching now as the flowers develop. Vigorous. Over 7 ft, yield will be good.

DSC03470.jpg

The 2nd is a cross of last year’s LBS with one of my own SSDD crosses, I did not expect such a sativa leaner but I have kept her around to see what happens.

DSC03460.jpg

THT

Really Active Member
Awesome @Baja.Beaches . I just chopped both LBS last night. I'll get some pics up soon.
Next up in the flower tent is golden lemons and sour plums. I let them veg too long and I have plants that are now too big for the tent. I literally cut a slit in the top of my tent last night so I could get the light up higher. I'm fucked if they dont stop stretching soon :) I'll post pics once things are more interesting

THT

Really Active Member
Here we are today with sour plums.
The flower structure is great and she's flowering faster than the golden lemons. smells are pretty mild but sweet and a bit fruity. so far so good, also hit a few spots with sour plums pollen for long term preservation and because the seeds were 100$ a pack 😅
20190716_183635.jpg

THT

Really Active Member
Golden lemons ( sorry the light just came on) no complaints here either, tall.. just about 6ft. it was my fault for vegging too long (25 days). smells are coming on strong now, nice loud lemon 😁. I did more selective pollination from the sour plums male on these girls.
20190716_200224.jpg20190716_200205.jpg

Baja.Beaches

Super Active Member
time for another update, things are finishing up,
Golden Lemons #1
View attachment 16391

Golden Lemons #2
View attachment 16392

Sour Plums
View attachment 16393

Next up - - as i mentioned before - - is the Sour Sunset. Should be getting interesting in just a few weeks.
View attachment 16395
They are looking great as usual @THT. I like the looks of that sour Plum. Have you settled in on a Crockett favorite for the year? I interested in that Sour Sherbet too.

My outdoor is a long wait, you get a couple indoor runs in while I am waiting, I should get a decent yield tho. Here is my Lemon Banana Sherbet flowering nicely. She will be an early harvest this year. This pic is from a couple days ago, I will post another soon. It had a tough go at one point, hail & high winds cracked the main stem, I taped it back together with medical tape & it is doing OK, a little lighter green that it was but it is healthy & smells great.

DSC04064.jpg

THT

Really Active Member
Have you settled in on a Crockett favorite for the year?
Hard to say until I give each of the golden lemons and sour plums a try (and sour sunset), for now, the Tangie stands strong and high above the rest in terms of the amount of flavor in the smoke- just outstanding. Lemon Banana sherbet had the most delightful and intriguing aroma, and Sour Strawberries really reminded me of an old school plant that I just loved and missed so its sentimental to me. I'll follow up some day with some more perspectives.