Crazy idea. Moving outdoors into indoors. From soil to pots

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yes, I have done it before. I soaked the soil real good with a water hose and slowly removed as much soil(mud) away and dug and got as much of the tap root as I could. Some survived and some didn't. As these guys said, they will withstand a lot, but it is your choice. It can be done successfully.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
@NoWaistedSpace I may end up having to do that. For now I'll see how long I can ride it out. One positive is that the ground here is hard packed and the holes are just filled with my own amended soil. I'm thinking that they may be easy to dig out.
I was gonna ask if you are in clay soil. What hurts a plant the most would be cold soil. It will stop a plant dead in its tracks. Hang in there, there are a lot of us having big problems this year. Cheese cloth or a bed sheet would be my 1st choice before digging them up. If climate gets worse, you know what to do. You'll have some nice "clear" rosin. lol

Burned Haze

Really Active Member
Jesus , last night 35ishF and it killed off so many of my veggies ( god killed all the watermelon vines ) at least I picked 10 gals of tomato’s previous day cause I def was fearful of of the next few days . Cannabis looks fine

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
@NoWaistedSpace . Yes, clay, rocks, and not much else. I had to build my soil. Should be easy to dig and bring indoors if I have to.
I put a cover over a frame with 6mil clear plastic, at night I also pull a tarp over the frame & plastic, when it's going to get in the 20s I hook up a propane heater, designed for tents and ice houses, no flame it's called a black cat by Coleman, what gets things moving like molasses is lack of intense sunlight, I put a led on a timer so they were getting a full 12hrs of light, sped things up,....now I have the wet soil and dug up 6-8ft plants, put them large tall sided planters (garbage cans) used the same soil they were planted in, tall sides help hold cross bracing to stabilize plants, I then dragged them into heated shop with 1000watt hps, watered well, 6 plants all finished fine, never even had a sagging leaf, did have a thrip issue though, so never put outside plants in your indoor growing area or it's very likely to infect your grow area with something unwanted, outdoors the bugs are being kept in check by predictors but once in a warm room poof.... Learned the hard way over the years... Good luck

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
All look ok if not suffering from a little nitrogen def, in my experience when they get hurt from frost/cold the leaves all hang down like they are in serious need of watering... Used to grow gorilla style back in the day in NW USA first frost there was typically sept 1, not until it stayed below freezing for several hours and all the heat was gone from the root zone did they succumb.... You should be fine...

Highland Rogue

Really Active Member
If they remain in the ground, consider keeping their roots warm with a cover or mulch. Hay, leaves, a dark tarp, etc. , be creative. When the roots freeze it's game over.

I had to move a couple of quarter pound sized guerilla plants well into flower years ago for security reasons. Like yours they were in the ground. They didn't die, but they suffered. Hunter activity in the area and fall foliage dropping had made well hidden plants, not so well hidden.

Now1more

Super Active Member
I put my larger greenhouse over the smaller one. Now that I have a double layer we've been saving water bottles to use as a solar heater. I've got probably until the end of the month before these girls are ready. Worst comes to worst I'll borrow a propane heater from a friend.