County Line Genetics 4th Gear Testers

mr_c

Super Active Member
Don't want to clog your thread - but here's an example on a 4-top for idea generation.
View attachment 62138
On these I tied the wire to the stake, hooked the hooks on the plants, then positioned the limb where I wanted it and took out the slack.
I get it and have employed this support mechanism in past grows. I’m 100% certain that my mistake is not doing the second trellis at flip. 3” mesh 6” lower would have been the winning move.

There are simply too many branches to entertain the bamboo stake idea. Especially now, I really am trying to avoid man handled the buds at this point in the grow.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Took another hit - what about just using twist ties? Hook each problem child to one side of the net to hold it up better. Maybe tighten the net like a guitar string. It'd be a bitch, but I don't think you have a fix that won't be.

mr_c

Super Active Member
This time of year is when I spend time at the family camp in northern Vermont. Gone for one week and everything goes to crap... appears to be a lock out of some kind. The Rez PH was 7.8 when I got home from 5 days away. As you can see in the pictures everything has flopped over. F8840489-48AC-47B8-A7EB-59C1F0AE060F.jpeg
7083A46B-942E-4F54-A7A3-7762D0CAA8AF.jpegE0F51565-F2BB-4D36-8DE3-DADB0EB0EE36.jpegDE080F3C-3FD5-40C4-9B96-6CCB52679DC8.jpeg5B592EE8-6822-4201-AF5A-767441C0BCDF.jpeg
Wondering if I can salvage this grow with 47 days into 12/12 and another 5 days away of planned vacation.

mr_c

Super Active Member
Just have faith, These plants can take some abuse and keep right on ticking. Have a good vacation, What are you building this year on the island?
Thanks @J.James ! We’re going to continue with the bunk house. We dried it in last year, so there are many finishing touches that remain. My father wants to do more fishing than work, so the main goal is to get the exterior siding up and all the trim.

How many days of flower does the 4th gear average? Wondering what I should be adding to my Rez besides oyster shells to help balance pH.

mr_c

Super Active Member
30 hours later over 3 consecutive days of trimming... My patience waned towards the end and I only took tops. A lot ended up in the compost bin.

I lost some really prized nuggets to bud rot despite my best efforts to prevent it. 4 fans going and dehumidifier running constantly 24/7. I guess it’s bound to happen when the buds are thick and dense like the 4th gear.

Pruning the larger kolas felt like handling a melting candy bar - greasy sticky and made a mess. I cleaned my Fiskars every 10 minutes and replaced gloves every half hour.

Two distinct phenos: first had a gassy piney odor with huge buds that had a yellow purple fade and second had smaller kolas but more of them and a more fruity subtle skunk funk.

Biggest indoor yield to date.

Looking forward to the smoke.

Diskokobaja

The pics are very deciving, it look to me like all of them are just white.. nhf I hope.. I admire you with trimming patience, My back start to sour really hard after 2h of thrim, max time that I trimmed was 4hr. And I felt lime i did 5mma rounds..

I dont know if I can brag here.. but..
Thank you mr. @J.James 💪💪💪

Attachments