County Line Genetics 4th Gear Testers

mr_c

Super Active Member
The purpose of this thread is to document the grow of some testers from County Line Genetics. The strain is 4th Gear and the label says testers and batch 14. Completely unknown genetics to me so it should be interesting.

All 10 seeds got wet on Jan 19th 2020 in a 1/2 cup of distilled water. Most dropped to the bottom of the cup within 24hrs. 8 of 10 had cracked and formed tap roots within 48hrs. 10 of 10 had healthy white tap roots showing within 72hrs which is when I planted them in Canna brand coco coir. I start in a 16oz solo cup 1/2 full of medium amended the coco with 1 tsp of: great white, azos, and mykos.

Its been 24hrs since sewing the seeds and nothing has broken ground yet.

I'll update this journal on a weekly cadence and welcome conversation.

mr_c

Super Active Member
Below is a little more information about my growing environment.

Light: HLG 550 Rspec. Another 550 V2 will be added during flower and possibly a 330w CMH as side lighting for lowers
Medium: 100% Canna coco + Azos, Mykos and Great White
Nutrients: Cal-Mag, MaxiGrow, Green Goddess, Tribus original - all @ 25% suggested strength per gal. Will switch to bloom specific nutrients upon flip.
Room: Partitioned off 16x12 basement space that has house electrical panel, furnace and water heater. Its warm year round with no heating and has a central fan pulling air continuously out of the space through a large carbon filter. It is not a sealed space and the rest of the house can get stinky in peak flower.

I'm a hobby grower with about 10 grows under my belt and having fun learning as I go.

mr_c

Super Active Member
The seedlings started under an HLG 550 Rspec among my flowering ladies in 12/12 photo period. Now they are in a small tent in a 18/6 photo period under an HLG 100 @ 4000K. I’ve added more coco to the cups and gave them a good drink.
E45EA24A-8025-474F-A44B-5CF9B018645D.jpegThey’re 3 weeks old and think we’ll see better growth with these recent adjustments.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Was out of town for a few days and the seedlings suffered a bit. They dried out and now have some yellowing on the lowers.
View attachment 50448
Half of them have tap roots coming out the top of the soil so I’ll transplant to bigger pots in the next day or two.
With the roots well established I'd just fill the tray and let them drink what they want for a while, then dump it back out. Nice clean set-up, and you were gonna prune those leaves later anyway ;)