Cooking in the kitchen with Capt, C

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I got the ardent fired up and made my first batch of gummies this morning thanks to @gwheels . I used his recipe from the gummi thread. His method worked flawlessly and they tasted fine with cherry jello. I ate all of the slag from around the molds and one whole one if i am able to make it to the keyboard i will post later on the strength of them. I will add that the quarter cup( 2 oz) of coconut oil used for infusion should be increased to between 3-4 oz's of oil for the infusion process to make sure you get the 2 oz's of oil you need for the recipe. Thanks again @gwheels .Gummies 001.JPGGummies 003.JPGGummies 004.JPGGummies 012.JPGGummies 013.JPGGummies 014.JPG

Attachments

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Awesome captain, soon as my chemistry stuff gets here in the mail I'll be running my source for a day or 2 lol gummies are at the top of my list for experiments, I was even looking at the same molds 😂😂😂 I've never had an edible that did anything to me but I know if you all are getting ripped on em I'll be fine unless I'm one of those wonky liver people😥😥😥,

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Awesome captain, soon as my chemistry stuff gets here in the mail I'll be running my source for a day or 2 lol gummies are at the top of my list for experiments, I was even looking at the same molds 😂😂😂 I've never had an edible that did anything to me but I know if you all are getting ripped on em I'll be fine unless I'm one of those wonky liver people😥😥😥,
Hope they work for you. @TheSpaceFarm was kind enough to hook me up with some samples before i invested anything into making them. This is a God send for me as my old lungs are wearing out and could use a break from time to time.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I'd be munching at work, about how long did the whole process take???
The decarbing and the infusion takes the most time. With the Ardent it as simple as pushing one button for both cycles. I did not time it because it cuts off when done but approximately two hours for each cycle. The making of the gummies probably was less than a half hour and very easy. @gwheels had good instructions on the method and made it simple.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
One other note on the Ardent i decarbed 1/2 oz this time because that was the mix that GW recommended. I broke the flower up some to pieces half the size of a marble. The instructions say you can decarb a oz at a time. It was almost full with a 1/2 oz. Cant imagine trying to get a zip in there.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
One other note on the Ardent i decarbed 1/2 oz this time because that was the mix that GW recommended. I broke the flower up some to pieces half the size of a marble. The instructions say you can decarb a oz at a time. It was almost full with a 1/2 oz. Cant imagine trying to get a zip in there.
Glad it all worked out for you! Super dope. I’m getting an ardent too here in a couple weeks I can’t wait. I bet it would be able to fit a zip if it’s ground up

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Glad it all worked out for you! Super dope. I’m getting an ardent too here in a couple weeks I can’t wait. I bet it would be able to fit a zip if it’s ground up
You might want to get the silicone sleeve they sell separately for infusion. You would think they would include that in the price just another way for them to make another 20 bucks on the deal. While i think this gadget is a bit pricey it is VERY covenant and no smell that i noticed.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
You might want to get the silicone sleeve they sell separately for infusion. You would think they would include that in the price just another way for them to make another 20 bucks on the deal. While i think this gadget is a bit pricey it is VERY covenant and no smell that i noticed.
Yea definitely getting the sleeve as well. But yea of course they sell it separately! Lol just like the nute companies gotta sell you 14 bottles that could be all in one or 2. Lol the ardent is a little pricey BUT I figure with the amount of weed I decarb in a much less efficient way, it’ll pay for itself in a couple months. I know I’m not getting everything I could get doing it like I have been.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Plus the amount of time it saves. You said about 2 hrs per cycle and I’m assuming that’s very minimal supervision. Versus 8+ hours in a crock pot stirring like a mofo every 15 min lol
And a huge bonus I just thought of, with the no smell and discreet look I can decarb while the kids are awake so I don’t have to stay up all damn night and lose a night of sleep just to make edibles lol

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Yea definitely getting the sleeve as well. But yea of course they sell it separately! Lol just like the nute companies gotta sell you 14 bottles that could be all in one or 2. Lol the ardent is a little pricey BUT I figure with the amount of weed I decarb in a much less efficient way, it’ll pay for itself in a couple months. I know I’m not getting everything I could get doing it like I have been.
I bought a package deal on e-bay that had the Ardent the silicone sleeve and a pack of that soy stuff. Asking price was 229.00 plus free shipping. I made a offer of 200. us dollars and was automatically accepted so offer lower than that and see what happens. Maybe 180 and work your way back up if need be.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I bought a package deal on e-bay that had the Ardent the silicone sleeve and a pack of that soy stuff. Asking price was 229.00 plus free shipping. I made a offer of 200. us dollars and was automatically accepted so offer lower than that and see what happens. Maybe 180 and work your way back up if need be.
Yea you mentioned that, that’s what I planned on doing. Probably lowball him at 175 lol

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
If you use that silicone lid the smell is almost non existant.

And i can get an oz in that cup...you have to really squeeze it down with something like a 10 tablespoon measuring cup. Then you put in the coconut oil and jab it with a knife or fork to get the oil to get in that.

Hammer and a soup can....whatever it takes :D LOL

Then i use a coffee filter and strain it by squeezing it....HARD..

I dont throw much out.

Glad you like the gummies. :D they do save the lungs and a lot of hacking.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
If you use that silicone lid the smell is almost non existant.

And i can get an oz in that cup...you have to really squeeze it down with something like a 10 tablespoon measuring cup. Then you put in the coconut oil and jab it with a knife or fork to get the oil to get in that.

Hammer and a soup can....whatever it takes :D LOL

Then i use a coffee filter and strain it by squeezing it....HARD..

I dont throw much out.

Glad you like the gummies. :D they do save the lungs and a lot of hacking.
LMAO I was not sure if you were supposed to pack it in that chamber or not. I was only doing a 1/2 oz for the recipe so it was fine. I have only eaten two of them today and was very manageable. Next time i take them i will try two at a time and see how that does. I have a feeling that might be the sweet spot. I suspect my tolerances are very high.

Phylex

PICK YOUR OWN
Thing Gwheel mentioned in his post yes they do, I think they can be frozen as well (if you can keep your fingers off them long enough to justify freezing them)
Thanks for this. I was thinking this might be the case. I've been strongly debating making such a large batch, the refrigerator/freezer wouldn't work for storage purposes. I guess I need to figure out how to make something like Sour Patch Kids that wouldn't need to be refrigerated.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
YES keep them in the fridge...if you make a shit ton freeze em. I did that once.

And then they seem to all vanish before i make a batch..

Spoilage will occur at room temp....plant matter left in the oil and the jello.

If i wanted to keep it around i would just keep the coconut oil and eat it or hot water it (we called it the hot water BHANG after that stuff in India).

That you can keep in a 1 cup mason jar. That is a lot !