Cold climate growing

Streetpro09

Tester
Solar, geothermal, space heater... The real benefit of the water is that is takes a huge amount of energy to change state so if you get some sub-freezing temps it provides quite a buffer.
I'll be curious to see how it works out for ya when it's steady below freezing for more than a week and the sun hasn't been out.

I remember reading a thread on a different forum. A firewood forum to be correct. Dude came there to try and learn how to heat his greenhouse while there was snow outside. He played hell trying to keep temps decent enough to grow, I'm not talking weed. I think he was shooting for something in the 60s. If i remember right, he still couldnt keep temps decent enough even having a wood stove in his.

Not sure how r5 would keep the heat in when no heat is being produced.

What kind of geothermal unit are you thinking of installing? How big is your greenhouse?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
There would be any sun to speak of hitting the north side of a building.
The inboard north side of the greenhouse is what I meant to say. Sorry for leaving that tidbit out amigo.

All this reminds me of earth ship designs and how much ingenuity goes into them.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
The inboard north side of the greenhouse is what I meant to say. Sorry for leaving that tidbit out amigo.

All this reminds me of earth ship designs and how much ingenuity goes into them.
Ah, yes! On the south side of the north wall.

Also did not know that the subject was greenhouses!

Perfect placement.