Coco PH stuck at 5.4

Unless you are using RO water you really should not need to adjust PH with most of the cocoa specific nutrient lines. Once you mix the A and B parts the PH should be pretty spot on. The more important thing is to make sure you are adding the appropriate amount of CalMag to your water first regardless if you are doing a plain watering or a feeding.

Also... Did you buffer your cocoa before you planting? If not you might be chasing deficiency issues for a while. If you didn't buffer the cocoa you need to flush your pots with water and heavy CalMag and then once the plants need water again resume your normal feeding schedule.
Lol CalMag.

If you're using a quality nutrient line it contains enough already. Adding more is just asking for issues.

Flushing with plain water and heavy CalMag is a terrible idea. Fixing nutrient lockouts are best remedied by flushing with a low EC nutrient feed.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Flushing with plain water and heavy CalMag is a terrible idea.
I suggested this only if the cocoa wasn't buffered first. I also said add "the appropriate amount" so if your nutrients already have it clearly you don't need any, if you are doing a plain watering you will need some.

That being said, what bad can come from excess magnesium or calcium? <<- Not a smart-ass question, I've really only heard of deficiencies from lack of calcium and magnesium.

I suggested this only if the cocoa wasn't buffered first. I also said add "the appropriate amount" so if your nutrients already have it clearly you don't need any, if you are doing a plain watering you will need some.

That being said, what bad can come from excess magnesium or calcium? <<- Not a smart-ass question, I've really only heard of deficiencies from lack of calcium and magnesium.
Excessive magnesium will lockout calcium and cause calcium deficiencies. And vise versa, excessive calcium will lockout magnesium and cause magnesium deficiencies.

Also it's "coco", not cocoa and never feed your plant plain water when using it. Coco is also fed nutrients and at least once a day.

Rocman91

Sour D Fein
Unless you are using RO water you really should not need to adjust PH with most of the cocoa specific nutrient lines. Once you mix the A and B parts the PH should be pretty spot on. The more important thing is to make sure you are adding the appropriate amount of CalMag to your water first regardless if you are doing a plain watering or a feeding.

Also... Did you buffer your cocoa before you planting? If not you might be chasing deficiency issues for a while. If you didn't buffer the cocoa you need to flush your pots with water and heavy CalMag and then once the plants need water again resume your normal feeding schedule.
It was too cold in the room I believe once the other light went in they took off or it could've been the massive amount of flushing and heat ? Who knows . They look great now tho. I hate those moments it makes you question your abilities sometimes lol.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
i have not "Buffered with cal mag" for years I also do not run RO water to many buy into the story you need to flush and buffer coco unless your running dollar store coco it should be good to go if you buy a quality coco I open the bag fill my planters toss the plants in and away we go I run coco because it's easy no bugs and growth is typically quicker no need to make it more difficult than it is guys..