Coco PH stuck at 5.4

Rocman91

Sour D Fein
Idk what is going on? My PH is stuck at 5.4 no matter how many gallons I run through? I've upped the ph to 6.8 and it still runs out super low and the plants look unhappy? Anyone know the cause and how to fix this issue?

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Idk what is going on? My PH is stuck at 5.4 no matter how many gallons I run through? I've upped the ph to 6.8 and it still runs out super low and the plants look unhappy? Anyone know the cause and how to fix this issue?
I would try watering in hydrated lime.

Nah usually more 6ish. It's weird cause I can't get it to move at all usually what goes in comes out uk. This time it's like stuck low? Maybe some epsom salts?
Salute Rocman91, Im pretty high atm but have a thought. Have you checked your ph pen to make sure its calibration is still on point? Like check the ph of the nutes before you feed it and then after you collect the run off and see if its 5.2 on both maybe which most likely means your pen is just reading a bit low?

Cheers, Z.

Yeah I think the rootzone is just off on a few of them. Fuck it let em rock
I wouldn't be flushing with 6.8pH feed. Stick to 6.0 and let them fly. If they are having issues at 6.0 pH then look at feeding, lighting, or other environment issues.

You didn't share any pictures of the plant so I'm not sure if you are having an issue or if you're just worried about the runoff pH.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Any chance your running coco loco 70/30? Iv been running coco for 4 years now and some times I’ll get a bag that’s lower on ph scail……..that refuses to go up past 5.4-5.5……also indica roots live lower ph iv seen in runoff….sativas like slightly higher…..the run offs are consistently different

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Unless your pH runoff is 5.2 or lower ……..your fine………… 5.2 or lower you have root rot.

Rocman91

Sour D Fein
One time i got the biobizz coco with huge print saying pre rinced ready to go. Did the typical calmag soak just to see how superior my European coco was... 2500 ppm... So there's that....
Huh weird biobizz is my shit ...just got rid of this trash ass other coco and now everything is bouncing back. I like my bougie European coco😭. I guess every brand just has bad batches now and then.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Unless you are using RO water you really should not need to adjust PH with most of the cocoa specific nutrient lines. Once you mix the A and B parts the PH should be pretty spot on. The more important thing is to make sure you are adding the appropriate amount of CalMag to your water first regardless if you are doing a plain watering or a feeding.

Also... Did you buffer your cocoa before you planting? If not you might be chasing deficiency issues for a while. If you didn't buffer the cocoa you need to flush your pots with water and heavy CalMag and then once the plants need water again resume your normal feeding schedule.