Cannabis Nurseries

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
From a purely scientific standpoint with no government consideration, I think you would have to try the lot and see what sells. Might be different things to different groups like you mentioned. I think pre-set autos like the larger tomato plants at the nursery would be a seller. Like the 2-3g pots that already had a flimsy-ass plastic cage around the plant. Different prices for different size/age autos. You may end up with them flowering in the store though and if they don't get bought you are eventually hanging flowers... That's why you need the farmers market mentality.

Selling seedlings instead of clones still seems more viable as a business model that is scalable. I also see that as being a better model than packs of seeds in the nursery environment. You as the nursery already ate that 5% non-germination percentage since no one is buying an empty pot.

Fems beans would definitely work, but even regs in case people want to breed. If you only have stuff in veg preflowers shouldn't matter much. You can sell the fems in one color pot, unknown regs in another color, and males that have shown in a third. If someone gets a girl who's pre-flowers caught pollen from a boy that pre-flowered, that would be more like a free pack of seeds with the purchase rather than an impregnated girl since she's still in veg.

The beans could either be from a breeder that cuts you a deal for bulk, or you breed your own. But then you get into fems that don't reverse or pollenate well and the pricing fluctuations that "should" go with that but won't. Better to have a good, reliable source for mass quantities of beans unless that is just your jam.
Maybe even find a deal on mass sex testing for the regs too if you only wanna sell fems or am I stoned? 😝

D

Deleted member 60

Didn't the feds just clarify that they don't consider clones or seeds as being weed because they have <0.3% THC at that stage? If that is the case then I think that just leaves it up to the states to decide how they handle the sale of clones and seeds.
exactly. can't speak to the other legal states but here in colorado holding a Nurseryman license offers no such allowances. Completely different licenses/entities/pipe dream.

D

Deleted member 60

What is the point of the nursery license in your state?
To sell all other plantings but marijuana. Here there is no association between nurserymen's license and cannabis. None. to possess more than six plants legally you must be a licensed off-premise cultivator or a medical patient Registered with the state. I believe you're speaking to New York law.... that's the only state I can find that has such a provision. If you can find other states that allow such licensing I'd love to see the list as I don't believe it exists in most locales.

And you made a point above about it not being about money but in your original post you said you were going to monetize the operation. Which is it? And I got to laugh at h. A. F. Comment about paying taxes cuz I'm sure he doesn't pay any on his sales....which is exactly why we have the legality and over regulation we have here in Colorado today. The state simply didn't like the wild west approach and said so when they made the laws. They know how everyone rolls and now they talk about things that they're never going to do like pay taxes on sales. But what your state does may be completely different..... all I know is what happens here in Colorado and it's nothing like you're describing with a nursery men's license or farmers markets.

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
This may be off topic but I'm thinking the legalization is kind of going down the wrong road as opposed to just decriminalization.
I guess it's probably maybe a stepping stone
To decriminalization but it just FEELS like more govt hands digging in my pocketzes....pockets.....
We just got legalized medical in my state and these mf want 2500. For the low level grow license. That seems pretty high to me.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This may be off topic but I'm thinking the legalization is kind of going down the wrong road as opposed to just decriminalization.
I guess it's probably maybe a stepping stone
To decriminalization but it just FEELS like more govt hands digging in my pocketzes....pockets.....
We just got legalized medical in my state and these mf want 2500. For the low level grow license. That seems pretty high to me.
That's not that high if it gives you the right to sell to people or dispensaries. In my state (MA) we can grow a decent amount, but we can only give it away for free (no trades or barters, either). If we want to be able to sell to a dispensary then we need a full on commercial grow facility, it costs something like $20,000 just to apply for it, and that money doesn't get returned even if you get denied. It takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to get started out here.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The rest of the country appreciates the left coast falling on the sword for us.

Yes, legalization means that you are OK with corrupt politicians regulating your plant to their best interest. the "medical" farce is getting them a good list of names voluntarily submitting themselves to be scrutinized for things like job opportunities, business liscenses, owning firearms, etc. Never get on a list. Also they call it medical but it's the only medicine that is taxed and regulated by the state, county, city, etc. with everyone putting their fingers in the jar.

Business-wise, Oklahoma is treating it like the cash-cow it could be by waiting to take their chunk on regular sales tax after the fact. Not fucking with farmers or distributors. They have the same business fees as for every other small business.The regulatory fees, inspections, testing, etc. that has to be paid before an item gets to market is also the harshest of any farming industry. Allowing legalization caused this.

The only thing that can save America and all it's businesses would be term limits at all levels of government. The corruption of lawmakers would then be too expensive if they had to find a new crook every term. That lay-out to break someones morals has to be a giant initial investment.

That said, the genie cannot be put back in the bottle. The neighbors of legal states can't spend time and effort on weed. If it is federally decriminialized (I see this as a last gasp vote grab in mid 2023) then states that don't have regulations are pretty much the OK Corral. No court cases would be worth it.

For the business person there will always be hurdles, and the more gubmint you allow the more hurdles there will be. But for the home grower the idea of not going to prison is just fine. Tax whatever you want - I ain't paying it ;)

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
That's not that high if it gives you the right to sell to people or dispensaries. In my state (MA) we can grow a decent amount, but we can only give it away for free (no trades or barters, either). If we want to be able to sell to a dispensary then we need a full on commercial grow facility, it costs something like $20,000 just to apply for it, and that money doesn't get returned even if you get denied. It takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to get started out here.
Yeah see I think that sucks! It means cool folks like us who love and care about the plants we produce will always be outside the system.

EpicAngel

Truth Seeker
The rest of the country appreciates the left coast falling on the sword for us.

Yes, legalization means that you are OK with corrupt politicians regulating your plant to their best interest. the "medical" farce is getting them a good list of names voluntarily submitting themselves to be scrutinized for things like job opportunities, business liscenses, owning firearms, etc. Never get on a list. Also they call it medical but it's the only medicine that is taxed and regulated by the state, county, city, etc. with everyone putting their fingers in the jar.

Business-wise, Oklahoma is treating it like the cash-cow it could be by waiting to take their chunk on regular sales tax after the fact. Not fucking with farmers or distributors. They have the same business fees as for every other small business.The regulatory fees, inspections, testing, etc. that has to be paid before an item gets to market is also the harshest of any farming industry. Allowing legalization caused this.

The only thing that can save America and all it's businesses would be term limits at all levels of government. The corruption of lawmakers would then be too expensive if they had to find a new crook every term. That lay-out to break someones morals has to be a giant initial investment.

That said, the genie cannot be put back in the bottle. The neighbors of legal states can't spend time and effort on weed. If it is federally decriminialized (I see this as a last gasp vote grab in mid 2023) then states that don't have regulations are pretty much the OK Corral. No court cases would be worth it.

For the business person there will always be hurdles, and the more gubmint you allow the more hurdles there will be. But for the home grower the idea of not going to prison is just fine. Tax whatever you want - I ain't paying it ;)
Yes I get what you r saying. And I agree.
As long as going to jail is off the table
Which is a big positive in my book,
It really doesn't affect the little guys..... 💋

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Yeah see I think that sucks! It means cool folks like us who love and care about the plants we produce will always be outside the system.
The system is a mess so I'm honestly fine being outside of it. As long as I can grow it, without the fear of getting raided or arrested, then I'm fine with that. When it's legal at that level then the cops really aren't going to go out of their way to bust a home grower for even selling their product unless they are on their radar for a more serious offense or they are growing way more than the legal limit and have a large operation going.