Can anyone help identify this leaf problem?

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
I was originally not giving my girls enough nutrients but I fixed that a couple weeks ago.

Some of them had a few little brown spots or yellow leaves before hand but this one is the worst and the only one that looks like this...
1B4BEBCF-E835-450B-AD9B-68A97E8EB27A.jpegF07368C9-285E-466C-AD7F-D63BEBC40454.jpeg705646AF-21BE-4234-89AD-9685682B63BD.jpeg61DF592E-DBCE-4897-AB8F-82B5E810E339.jpeg1813296C-D60D-4D8C-B9B4-EBB22D954E2A.jpeg86E82609-B6D6-4F01-89DC-EB51E8D93E74.jpeg476241B0-8FAC-4C9E-9403-642F0CA8AAB2.jpeg04CD5C3A-2041-496D-896F-F19DF5CEF5EC.jpeg92C96C30-DC03-4516-BED8-7033FB4CDE99.jpegB264E8E7-D17D-453F-9DAB-5081869A7FCE.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
👆
And if he sees a K deficiency, (I don't know that stuff by eye) I would say under-feeding at a critical point.

I only say that because it is one of the big three (NPK) - and most stuff we feed the plants has the NPK going on. If you were underfeeding and you know they weren't getting the K, then problem solved. :)

If it continues I would say a calmag problem or bad pH. It seems every time I had issues - all different issues - that was the base problem. Not allowing the plant to ingest stuff that is actually there, or 'lockout' because of bad soil chemistry.

Streetpro09

Tester
👆
And if he sees a K deficiency, (I don't know that stuff by eye) I would say under-feeding at a critical point.

I only say that because it is one of the big three (NPK) - and most stuff we feed the plants has the NPK going on. If you were underfeeding and you know they weren't getting the K, then problem solved. :)

If it continues I would say a calmag problem or bad pH. It seems every time I had issues - all different issues - that was the base problem. Not allowing the plant to ingest stuff that is actually there, or 'lockout' because of bad soil chemistry.

Ph would be my second guess. Without knowing the history of how these plants were cared for makes it a poke in the dark either way. Hopefully we will provide enough info for the OP to make that determination themselves.

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
Lol the history on these girls is extensive because this is my first grow and I learned a lot. I’m just hoping it’s not rust but I heard that type of thing spreads and her neighbors don’t look like that

Streetpro09

Tester
My PH and everything is checked with a blue labs monitor. I’m using a soil type of mix so I keep it around 6.5.
Looks like they are just starting to flower? I stick with my original guess. I'm not sure i would do much other than up my feed a little? It doesn't look too bad at this point.

Could be a phosphorus deficiency. 5 picture down looks like yours.

Mr. Krinkle

Probably K being locked out from too much cal-mag....are you using a cal-mag supplement? If you are, then stop using it and see what happens....are you using a base nute? if so, which one? what kinda medium are you in? brand?

but it's not a huge problem as it's only a few leaves...take those leaves off....did you just start flowering?

you're leaving a lot of info out

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
I didn’t wanna put them in flower yet but they’re nearly 6 ft tall lol.
So I flipped them last week and slowly transitioned to flower nutes. Using heavy 16 nutes with power SI. Promix soil with good LED lights and smart pots. I actually did use Calimagic cal-mag but I ran out so I stopped lol.
I’m using the method where you only give nutes every other time and it’s been working great since I fixed the nute level.
The strain is white widow also

Mr. Krinkle

ok...leave the cal-mag out for now and see if it gets any worse...

so you think they look better by alternating a feed and plain water schedule rather than feeding every time you water?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Of all tbe issues I have had, and seen posted; and all the different possible problems have been suggested; and all the possible solutions proposed -

I have never once seen or heard of "too much cal-mag".

Just saying.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not that it couldn't happen, I'm sure that too much of anything will kill eventually.

But more times than not the pH getting whack, or not adding cal-mag was the precursor to other deficiencies.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I was originally not giving my girls enough nutrients but I fixed that a couple weeks ago.

Some of them had a few little brown spots or yellow leaves before hand but this one is the worst and the only one that looks like this...
View attachment 92535View attachment 92536View attachment 92537View attachment 92538View attachment 92539View attachment 92540View attachment 92541View attachment 92542View attachment 92543View attachment 92544
Lower leaves so its mobile. Tops arent showing any signs of a major lockout of immobiles. Looks short on mg. Whether this is due to a imbalance of nutrients ph or you just need mag is step 2 if that's what it is. Are you spraying anything the leafs look like the have aloe or yucca sap on them. All the white spots internal? Mild calcium def potentially. I've locked out from too much k before that's my only personally experience with that but I've learned to read and feed accordingly. Been flying blind last couple weeks. No ec or ph testing . Just ro and known amounts of inputs.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Something to add....Make sure you check under your leafs for bugs. I dont want to scare you but some bugs you can only see with a microscope. I had spider mites 1 time and 1 of plants looked very similiar to this.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Looking back idk. Soil type is a little sketchy lol. Is it like half coco half soil. Could be ph and what he said above. Those sappy spots can be left by critters too

VAHomegrown

I have to run my Ph around 6.8 using coco based soil mixes and always run calmag due to the LED's I use. I've had the same issues before.