Cal mag or something else

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have found the "sweet spot" for me with the RO water. I automatically add 5ml/gl of cal-mag to all of it. During early and mid flower I'll add a bit more. Some feeding schedules call for it at that point, and what I do is a conglomeration of several.

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
I have RO water and have to supplement Cal Mag, Wedding Cake and crosses I ran / running always need more than normal , I think its just certain strains/phenos . I run soil and basically feed by eyeball per plant which is only way I can do it running multiple strains
Thank you sir for your help ..I really appreciate it

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
FWIW I have Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education. I like teaching - when I know a subject. I like to reduce it to the simplest form. Tap water is OK. People used water from a garden hose for decades and grew weed. The RO removes EVERYTHING - good and bad - from the water. The cal-mag replaces the "good" part.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Point taken - I would still venture to guess that it is much more rare than plants with deficiencies?

My only point is better safe than sorry - by the time you see it in the leaves the damage has already been done. So by assuming that the recommended dosage of calmag will more often than not be beneficial (strain dependent?) rather than detrimental. Why not? Especially with RO water that has been stripped of all mineral content.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Point taken - I would still venture to guess that it is much more rare than plants with deficiencies?

My only point is better safe than sorry - by the time you see it in the leaves the damage has already been done. So by assuming that the recommended dosage of calmag will more often than not be beneficial (strain dependent?) rather than detrimental. Why not?
Its not often I've encountered an overabundance but it is possible. Deficiencies definitely outweigh the occurrence of CalMag toxicity since it seems you really have to push some high feed with it to hit toxicity levels.

Glossybudz

Super Active Member
in a few weeks the plant will recover go back to a darker green looking healthy.
the leaves that are rusted out yellow brown dots wont recover.
But the plant will pick up and start to look fresh again,
and the deficiency will stop.
cal mag is a must running coco mix and Led 😉

@Main Cola

I remember the Mega Crop thread on RIU and someone posting that it knocked their ph out of whack using dwc or rdwc. I forget which. They all said he was wrong and then it happened to someone else and then another. Im not exactly sure what was wrong but he may have fixed his problem. Is a long ass thread now.

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
I remember the Mega Crop thread on RIU and someone posting that it knocked their ph out of whack using dwc or rdwc. I forget which. They all said he was wrong and then it happened to someone else and then another. Im not exactly sure what was wrong but he may have fixed his problem. Is a long ass thread now.
[/QUOTE]
There are 2 kinds of Cal Mag , 1 is Hydro specific , I have thought bullshit but maybe there is a difference, Hydro shop here has a brand that says for Hydro use only and the rest are compatable.