Budget LEDs

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Never attempted an indoor grow before except T5 vegging for a few weeks before moving them outdoors . I didn’t want to blow the budget on something I wasn’t confident in being able to successfully complete so I purchased a couple SP250s and kept it simple with my own homemade soil mix . They seem to be a solid little unit so far . Any advice is welcome .1B09DBDB-8E56-466C-87BE-4A079DE398F1.jpeg747419E5-2265-4116-8F62-4FD92F39AAA7.jpeg8463C125-2B56-4AEB-BE79-96069E8DEFF9.jpeg0ECFC387-A2A4-441E-A23A-0B2AFC95582E.jpeg

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Am I missing something on H,s strains ? Are they hungrier than usual compared to other strains ? All strains are grown in the same mix with the same feeding schedule ? The GG4 and Bridezilla front left and middle are lightening up and some veg is yellowing . The LEDs are kept well within recommended distance . I’d normally post this on Heisens thread but apparently it’s not good form to show other breeders gear on a select thread so I kept that respect . 51258890-3299-4C15-84BD-25A1B948519A.jpeg

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I grow exclusive using led and I have found some plants just need a bit of supplement, yours look great. I had a couple recently get a bit lighter leaves like yours and I started giving 1/2 teaspoon of calnits and they greened right up. Some are just calcium and mag junkies under leds. Nice plants looking good.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I grow exclusive using led and I have found some plants just need a bit of supplement, yours look great. I had a couple recently get a bit lighter leaves like yours and I started giving 1/2 teaspoon of calnits and they greened right up. Some are just calcium and mag junkies under leds. Nice plants looking good.
I second that. Calmag @5ml / gallon for me.
Kelp4less.com for good dry amendments.

Opie1

Master Grower
Am I missing something on H,s strains ? Are they hungrier than usual compared to other strains ? All strains are grown in the same mix with the same feeding schedule ? The GG4 and Bridezilla front left and middle are lightening up and some veg is yellowing . The LEDs are kept well within recommended distance . I’d normally post this on Heisens thread but apparently it’s not good form to show other breeders gear on a select thread so I kept that respect . View attachment 75157
Really nice looking plants man, nice work.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The motion for cal-mag is carried and will be on the floor for a vote next session... :ROFLMAO:

I have yet to have a plant show signs of an overabundance of cal-mag. I have seen many plants in early attempts start doing that. I add cal-mag religiously to every drop of water that hits the plants. The suck part is that once the leaves start turning from any issue they don't turn back. All the lowers look fine, so it's early enough to fix it.

Now1more

Super Active Member
They are hungry. Lol. I have The Deputy going in my outdoor garden which is no till and harvested a couple of days ago. My greenhouse house has 3 more Deputies that are showing signs of needing more. Both in soil, just that the greenhouse is a little behind.

Your plants look great though. Leaves are a little light in color, but you can fix that deficiency. Calcium is a transporter. Proper Ph and some cal-mag. Indoors I like Botanicare. My outdoor garden needs nothing. My compost is full of egg shells and banana peels. We eat both everyday, so my compost is loaded. It would be wise to hit it with some tea as well. You'll be surprised at how quick you bounce back. Good luck and keep plugging.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
As I’m new to this indoor growing skill I haven’t experienced the difference in lighting be it HLG , HPS , LEDs etc. My humble observation so far is what I’ve heard others express in that LEDs don’t penetrate the canopy as well as other lighting . After the canopy the bud growth appears to recede noticeably in the lower growth . I stripped some foliage away tonight to allow deeper light penetration but at week 5 it may be too late ? See what happens I guess . An hour of stripping sticky buds reaching through the nodes I smell like a brick of hash 🤪

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
I dont think your plants are low on calmag if so very little. If your showing pistils like that your plants shouldn't be dark ass green unless its genetic. One thing I noticed in many forums is alot of folks border on N toxicity. It can happen real quick especially when dialing in the stretch and even more so with megacrop lol. Another thing is when your running 3500k and up the blue light can make your plants look alot lighter than they really are. I've had some that looked almost n def then you put them under 3k and they are almost black.

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
Thanks John . First grow indoor it’s all a big learning curve for me . Probably not the smartest move growing 7 different strains from 6 different breeders at my first attempt. I guess the lottery of having too many different beans and wanting to use them up got the better of me . That’s ok , I will get a reasonable return and as with most I’ll get better as I learn . You just cant fast track hands on experience.