Budders blunders

Buddernugs

Full send….always
so essentially it’s too much exits the bottom of that pot at once it will drain out of the top black hose and allow the bottom primary drain to keep up without flooding

larf

I dont water coco……I FLOOD coco…..I think of flooding coco like a syringe plunger….. when you have a little trickle of water going in Cocoa you really don’t get a full flush….I flood it right up to the point of it wanting to spill over…..when it goes down, it goes down even and with gusto…..like a syrine plunger it pushes everything out the bottom all at once……in deep flower my feeders kick on 7x a day….when that 8gal pot getts Flooded theirs a lot of weight pushing that water out of the bottom So it doesn’t just trickle out…..the drain away pot is my main waste line…..the other has course strategically placed in the bottom to allow it to drain into the drain away pot it’s pitched ever so slightly backwards so if I ever have too much water going out that my drain away pie can’t handle that secondary drainage system kicks in which I’ve noticed does every once in a while that way I don’t go away for a couple weeks on a hunting trip and come back and my shits flooded…… Insurance and peace of mind
That's pretty creative. I dig it.

At the same time best of luck. I attempted to flood coco a couple of times and ended up with tons of algae and gnats, and jacked up plants. One problem with scrogging hard is it lets a lot of light hit your medium. You should cover the pot with panda film or something. Especially since you aren't watering the surface. Plus it will hold humidity and give your roots a nice zone to thrive. Also cover the blue bin. One big square draped over the whole thing would help prevent a lot of potential problems.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
That's pretty creative. I dig it.

At the same time best of luck. I attempted to flood coco a couple of times and ended up with tons of algae and gnats, and jacked up plants. One problem with scrogging hard is it lets a lot of light hit your medium. You should cover the pot with panda film or something. Especially since you aren't watering the surface. Plus it will hold humidity and give your roots a nice zone to thrive. Also cover the blue bin. One big square draped over the whole thing would help prevent a lot of potential problems.
I agree, but I also disagree with respects……. Hear me out…… I veg longer than anyone I know in coco….. I had algae at the top of my Coco one time and I got it by not watering enough. Coupled with too high humidity…. When water sits undisturbed algae grows….(trust me I’m an expert on Green marsh lagoons 😂) with high humidity being held and in frequent fertigation, it’s only a matter of time…. I like the blue bin open and throw foliage down in there to sit and rot to make sure my springtails have plenty of food to eat and bread……..I used to have horrible fungus gnats issues until I started inoculation with Springtail larva those little bastards eat any and everything that is not a fucking Springtail or healthy root……they eat fungus and rot….. they actually help keep the roots nice and clean and free of debris I also can’t imagine having millions of them in each pot not helping to aerate the roots and creating a biome within the Coco…. Also fuckers are tough because My 3% h2o2 dose on a pOt a while back didn’t even bother them 😂

larf

I agree, but I also disagree with respects……. Hear me out…… I veg longer than anyone I know in coco….. I had algae at the top of my Coco one time and I got it by not watering enough. Coupled with too high humidity…. When water sits undisturbed algae grows….(trust me I’m an expert on Green marsh lagoons 😂) with high humidity being held and in frequent fertigation, it’s only a matter of time…. I like the blue bin open and throw foliage down in there to sit and rot to make sure my springtails have plenty of food to eat and bread……..I used to have horrible fungus gnats issues until I started inoculation with Springtail larva those little bastards eat any and everything that is not a fucking Springtail or healthy root……they eat fungus and rot….. they actually help keep the roots nice and clean and free of debris I also can’t imagine having millions of them in each pot not helping to aerate the roots and creating a biome within the Coco…. Also fuckers are tough because My 3% h2o2 dose on a pOt a while back didn’t even bother them 😂
It's light, man. Mold is caused by staying too wet. I had algae in my res before I covered it in panda film a few years ago. Just a couple of weeks ago my runoff box got algae really bad because the lid is clear. I covered it in panda film and it disappeared on its own.

I've had entire coco cubes along with the flood trays get algae. When I covered them from day one they got none. I'm currently running rockwool that is getting watered to runoff 4 times a day. It's under panda film and no issues. All of my mothers in rockwool cubes have algae, which started as soon as I took their toppers off.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
It's light, man. Mold is caused by staying too wet. I had algae in my res before I covered it in panda film a few years ago. Just a couple of weeks ago my runoff box got algae really bad because the lid is clear. I covered it in panda film and it disappeared on its own.

I've had entire coco cubes along with the flood trays get algae. When I covered them from day one they got none. I'm currently running rockwool that is getting watered to runoff 4 times a day. It's under panda film and no issues. All of my mothers in rockwool cubes have algae, which started as soon as I took their toppers off.
Hmmmm……. I with drawl earlier statement ………your argument is convincing……. Algae is Photosynthetic organism after all…….. Sidenote I’ve been wanting to get into Rock wool for flipping Clones as soon as their rooted…..u ever run into salt build up with rockwool?…..what nutes do u feed them? I can’t imagine flora Nova being a viable option for it

larf

Hmmmm……. I with drawl earlier statement ………your argument is convincing……. Algae is Photosynthetic organism after all…….. Sidenote I’ve been wanting to get into Rock wool for flipping Clones as soon as their rooted…..u ever run into salt build up with rockwool?…..what nutes do u feed them? I can’t imagine flora Nova being a viable option for it
I'm using Jack's now and used Canna Coco AB when I ran it before. It can definitely get salt buildup with improper feedings, but it's easier to flush out than coco. Mainly because rockwool is truly inert.

Coco is great too. The biggest hurdle with rockwool is oversaturation during the seedling and early vegging stages. There are tricks you can do to prevent it, but coco is definitely more forgiving watering-wise. That and catching algae if you let it get exposed to light. Coco takes much longer to develop it for whatever reason.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
u shiuld try useing 1ml-2ml per gal h2o2 on your seedlings……that extra oxygen boost to the roots will boost veg growth……I think I’m guna take 2 clones and put them both in clear containers and do a side by side test to prove my theory…..

Buddernugs

Full send….always
u shiuld try useing 1ml-2ml per gal h2o2 on your seedlings……that extra oxygen boost to the roots will boost veg growth……I think I’m guna take 2 clones and put them both in clear containers and do a side by side test to prove my theory…..
@bk-og hope your kitties are doing well……keep that booty hole nice and tight for me bud 😘

Buddernugs

Full send….always
I Will be throwing 2x Mars hydro ts-1000 lights in their that can top out at 180w and 187w measured from the wall(it’s common for their older style drivers to pull TOO MUCH juice) however I have them both dimmed down to 147w after leaving them alone for 1hr to hit equilibrium after fucking with the dimmer which is strategically placed inside of the fucking driver……. Typical engineers …….”man how are people gonna work on this stuff how they gonna switch it up“………”doesn’t matter, it works onto the next project”…….fuggin guys………