Bud Rot and living soil

Buddernugs

Full send….always
You need MORE COW BELL!!!!!!! Lol………for real though…..no mater what your humidity is even if it’s 30%……if u got dance mugs of any size without enough wind movement hitting the buds directl with GUSTO……your Gina get the rot with some phenols……ethos mandarin cookies had 14-18g tops……dense as allhell…….mold………….not I say fuck it and hit them with gale force winds and don’t care about fucking up my leafs

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
You need MORE COW BELL!!!!!!! Lol………for real though…..no mater what your humidity is even if it’s 30%……if u got dance mugs of any size without enough wind movement hitting the buds directl with GUSTO……your Gina get the rot with some phenols……ethos mandarin cookies had 14-18g tops……dense as allhell…….mold………….not I say fuck it and hit them with gale force winds and don’t care about fucking up my leafs
I got four fans moving Air but 3 were blowing into the back corner and none blowing out the corner so it must have made a Humidity pocket down low in the back corner of the tent when the exhaust shut down at night. I am getting 4 new Ac infinity clip fans to mount in each corner and running exhaust fan 24/7. Starting over with new soil.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I got four fans moving Air but 3 were blowing into the back corner and none blowing out the corner so it must have made a Humidity pocket down low in the back corner of the tent when the exhaust shut down at night. I am getting 4 new Ac infinity clip fans to mount in each corner and running exhaust fan 24/7. Starting over with new soil.
I don't know what size tent you have but 2 of the 6" AC infinity fans are plenty in my 4x4.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't know what size tent you have but 2 of the 6" AC infinity fans are plenty in my 4x4.
me too - one high, one low. The low one I have placed opposite corner from the high one. The high one oscillates but the low one doesn't. Seems to work pretty well. I have my pots all on risers/caddy's though, so I can get airflow under everything.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
me too - one high, one low. The low one I have placed opposite corner from the high one. The high one oscillates but the low one doesn't. Seems to work pretty well. I have my pots all on risers/caddy's though, so I can get airflow under everything.
I have the same setup as you (one oscillating and once fixed on opposite corners)

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Something that hasn't been touched on, is "foliage density".
Fans do little good if they can't move air through the canopy. I'm dealing with a little powder mold now.
It's about the environment as HAF stated earlier. The spores are always there in the soil, it's full of life and everything thrives in a certain growing environment. The trick is to understand what promotes their growth. And density of canopy(crowding)
and poor circulation of air in a "square" tent. (poor design)
I push the sides of the tent out and try and "round" the space.
Gives you more space to try and not waste. lol
Good and an important thread.
This problem can make or break you.

Now1more

Super Active Member
Sanitize with chlorine dioxide. You can find it on ETSY. The woman I order from is in Louisiana and she usually ships the same day. You can probably saturate your soil with it (although I have never tried this) and it will kill all pathogens. Your soil will be inert and devoid of any life. Cheap way to start over your colonies. Otherwise, as suggested, dump everything and start over. I would use RAW brand silica and a good humic/fulvic acid when you start your new soil.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the biggest consistent thing is 24/7 exhaust. There will be humidity spikes at lights off. If you are sucking it right out that's half the battle right there.

The floor level fan can be above the pots as well. I just don't like it blowing across the soil surface, rice hulls blowing everywhere when it dries - but that's just me. If I had any mold issues that would be my first move.

I agree on defoliation. No, it doesn't happen in nature but neither does a lot of stuff in my tent LOL. Trick I picked up from a Duke Diamond podcast was to take all inward facing leaves. On a tree, you may have several tops in a nice little row. Every other node the leaves switch direction so you take the leaves that are poking the limb next to it.

I also prune lower secondary limbs if they aren't gonna hack it, and I prune lower tertiary limbs on the ones I keep if they get too stretchy. Those clog the system if they don't keep up with the rest.

The bulging tent thing is a good idea too. I got a few pieces of wire cage/fence that I strung between the pipes just to keeo it from being concave. I'll be messing with the convex idea now LOL

Last edited:

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I think the biggest consistent thing is 24/7 exhaust. There will be humidity spikes at lights off. If you are sucking it right out that's half the battle rithe there.

The floor level fan can be above the pots as well. I just don't like it blowing across the soil surface, rice hulls blowing everywhere when it dries - but that's just me. If I had any mold issues that would be my first move.

I agree on defoliation. No, it doesn't happen in nature but neither does a lot of stuff in my tent LOL. Trick I picked up from a Duke Diamond podcast was to take all inward facing leaves. On a tree, you may have several tops in a nice little row. Every other node the leaves switch direction so you take the leaves that are poking the limb next to it.

I also prune lower secondary limbs if they aren't gonna hack it, and I prune lower tertiary limbs on the ones I keep if they get too stretchy. Those clog the system if they don't keep up with the rest.

The bulging tent thing is a good idea too. I got a few pieces of wire cage/fence that I strung between the pipes just to keeo it from being concave. I'll be messing with the convex idea now LOL
I hate calling it "defoliation" because most people who boast about defoliation take it further than it needs to be taken, IMO. I definitely remove some leaves throughout the grow to get better air circulation, though.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I hate calling it "defoliation" because most people who boast about defoliation take it further than it needs to be taken, IMO. I definitely remove some leaves throughout the grow to get better air circulation, though.
I usually end up with mind naked for about the lower third, and maybe 1/4 of the large leaves removed between there and the top. But except for taking unwanted limbs around week 3 it's just a leaf or three each watering if needed.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I think the biggest consistent thing is 24/7 exhaust. There will be humidity spikes at lights off. If you are sucking it right out that's half the battle rithe there.

No, lol it's there, you're just keeping it at bay. Let your tent get out of whack and I'll bet she shows up. lol
Here's the kind of fans I use along with "wall mounts". I point it from one corner to the other and create a "vortex" in the canopy.
1670964607705.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I have three of those fans sitting in my living room right now.

They are for sale if you want them. These aren't the fans you're looking for. He can go about his business... move along...

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I am in a 28x 55 so maybe one at each end will do the trick. Now I have three 6 inch and 1 -4 inch down under the canopy. I think the main thing is to get more air moving in the area around the pots and all four corners. I may keep a couple of the small fans in each corner down low and use the big ones on the canopy.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
Thanks to you guys for putting some thought into this. I think I got to liberal with the "living soil" idea when I started cleaning up fabric pots that had been out in the yard and using them in my tent. I have seen something similar happen to rosemary and sage plants in my Herb garden and in some other containers. I think I brought it in with one of the fabric pots and then gave it a perfect humind 78F dark warm moist condition to thrive in. I remember another member had a plant with a clogged stem a while back. That is a symptom of fusarium, It eats the roots and inside of the stem then creates a blockage of spores to steal the plants food. It is uncommon in indoor grows, but I guess it is possible if you give it the right conditions. it seems to be a big problem with hemp farmers and more common with outdoor grows. Something else to look out for!