Boujee bucket under 20 bucks!

Vegabom

After scouring all the forums and researching to endless rabbit holes about watering plants properly, I decided to head to big box store. FBBBE2B2-E8A6-48CC-8F8F-345301459A7A.jpeg I wanted something simple that I can get to the finish line and enjoy the harvest, kinda dummy proof. I work in construction so sometimes it’s long hours, no time to spend with the lady’s! I used a smaller 3.5 gal bucket inside the 5 gal size ( perfect size for me). Basically, just need a drill and a box knife. if you don’t have a step- bit, get one! First thing I did was drill a bunch of holesDD187226-C170-49D7-BF60-0C586264461C.jpeg….
Then mark out the paint cup and cut Inside your lineACBF2284-EC06-42B1-A10C-D51E3172D576.jpeg95C7BF97-B1B5-414C-BF42-FDAB3DB3715C.jpeg.1BF92220-BBE0-462F-8063-C04A62258485.jpeg Tip: if you lift up while u cut it’s a little easier.
Then I put 3 screws in cup to hold in place and marked out over flow hole. Hold bucket up to light and mark a finger width below the inside bucket. That’s gonna be your fill line hole.6BFBA1F5-0EAC-419D-8D8F-29508CB1F649.jpeg.The 1 inch fill pipe holes are cut off to the side. And to keep cost under 20 I used broken glass instead of perlite to fill around the holes on inside bucket.F409B3AD-F31E-4AEA-BA9E-DDAC70011F6A.jpeg .
The last thing to do is to fill the rest of the bucket with the soil of your choice. Pour water untill it comes out the side and let er rip!E50B13A0-61B0-4CCB-AE7E-758906D902D6.jpegF89B463E-AF8D-464E-AA33-2A1141560629.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

Vegabom

I ended up putting a Hickok haze into the bucket. She really loves her new home, One thing I notice with clones is with a short veg time and no stress training is way faster than growing from seed in my newbie opinion. I just bent top over and she took off like a bat out of hell.75A06AA8-20A6-4006-BB33-91567EE80E98.jpeg

Vegabom

I’m using coco loco, when I moved this from the fabric 1 gal pot I mixed in dry some Root organics terp tea grow bout half way then Transplint. I recently added the bloom mix when I moved to the bucket around the top and mixed in, misted the top and put lid on, I feel like the lid keeps the bacteria going better for the soil. Keeps is moist! Nice word there haha

Vegabom

from all the reading I been doin, it seems like the THC output comes from getting good endophyte bacteria in the soil, imma work in that direction, however I don’t know if coco loco gonna do it, the bag appeal got me!

Vegabom

As a new guy, I definitely like starting off with clones, being this this my 3rd run, I like how the node spacing is working out. When I started with seed, I felt I was f ing with the plant too much by topping, giving nutes to early, just basically stunting the growth. The clones are nice just to bend over and let er eat!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
When I started with seed, I felt I was f ing with the plant too much by topping, giving nutes to early, just basically stunting the growth.
I like doing the seed plants for the same reason. They don't need much of anything for a while. I do a 4wk rotation so it keeps me from having to remember what I did stuff to since I dindu nuffin! ;)

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
Those buckets are kicking ass amigo.

Any issues with Fungus Gnats since the top stays moist?
What's the stick in the right bucket for, moisture probe?

Vegabom

I might see a gnat every now and again, yellow sticky traps is what I use, seems to be working. Yes,That’s a bamboo dip stick to check that moisture. I recently went back to work so my wife is now watering the buckets. She said she got her hair stuck in a sticky pad lol. I hope I can make it to the finish line.