Boomers

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I'm curious but also chicken. I know that they can do great things but stirring the pot worries me. Maybe someday ("you have to be scared before you can be brave" is something I tell my kids and that rings in my head with this)
Just to add on to what others have said. Most people that have "bad trips" freak out early in the trip when the intense body high starts creeping in. Some people love this feeling and others absolutely hate it and it freaks them outs and scares them which just amplifies the body high. You can't have visuals and a body high at the same time. To get rid of the body high you have to stop thinking, be 100 percent in the moment, no thinking about the past or present. Just relax, settle into the body high, melt away, and keep in mind they call this a trip for a reason... you are going on a journey, it lasts for hours, there is no escaping it, just embrace it until its over. Unlike what others might suggest, I'd actually recommend doing them by yourself. First time take 1g in early evening so you can see how you like it and sleep it off. Then, if you wanna feel what they are really like take 3-4g.

D

Deleted member 2835

I just bought a kit to grow shrooms. I know most people on shroomery say don't do it it's a waste of money you can do everything yourself for so much cheaper. But I don't want to fuck around buying a bunch of shit all separate. I did it that way about 15 years ago with success but I'm a old grumpy man now...lol

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
I have been kicking this idea around too. I am going to try Myco bags with vermeculite and brown rice flower. My son who is now of age is explaining to me how he succesfully pulled it of in his closet more than once. We had no clue, Sneaky little shit. I havent had any Shrooms in about two years since my buddy would bring them back from the cowfields. From the looks of these Ive seen online I would deff start low and go slow. The biggest thing I have seen happen is people taking a few and then think they didnt work so they eat more, way too much. When they kick in you are feeling the first ones. By the time the other handful kicks in you are litteraly in another world. Each time I have done them it changes my pespective

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
I am going to try Myco bags with vermeculite and brown rice flower.
If you are just doing cubes checkout the popcorn tek. From the research I did PF tek (BRF+vermiculite) is definitely "tried and true" but sorta old school. The rice doesn't store well and can breakdown into a mess which makes spreading it later in your bulk medium much harder. The popcorn spreads better but starts slower because of its size... but you an add coffee grinds to create some small kickoff sites to speed it back up. It also seems like popping popcorn is super clean out of the bag compared to rice and grains which makes the sanitation/sterilization process easier.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I caught the tail end of the acid era. Had my share of good trips and bad ones. Surroundings are important. And watch out for the power of suggestion, it can make everyone see the same thing at the same time. It can be very fun. lol
You just gotta keep telling yourself, it's the acid doing it, it's just the acid. lol
The power of suggestion is incredible on acid had some fun times in the 70s driving around the backroads on moon lit nights... Purple, orange microdot orange sunshine window pane and target were the flavor of those days... Face was sore the next day from smiling for hours lol

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
We used to get the Pink camo, orange camo, white blotter, and others with little designs back in the 80s. The best I ever had was brought back from the Greatful Dead show it was a torn off piece of what looked like construction paper for 10 bucks prolly 3 or 4 hits. OOOOH shit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Jumping in here without reading anything yet. I have a mushroom emergency!!!

I found this on a log pile growing on some aged maple or sourwood
IMG_2138.JPG
I'm pretty damn sure this is lions mane and that it is beneficial. I haven't touched it yet.
IMG_2124.JPG
What do I do???

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not a mycologist but i don't think that's lions mane...
Based on pics of lions mane and look-alikes it is, but it's an older one that's past it's white stage. I have time to figure it out, but I was wondering more what to do to propogate it. Just let it be? Cut off the old fruit and let it grow back?

I'm not eating it unless I get positive ID, but dried and powdered or an extract would be what I would aim for instead of slice and sautee ;)

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Jumping in here without reading anything yet. I have a mushroom emergency!!!

I found this on a log pile growing on some aged maple or sourwood
View attachment 119504
I'm pretty damn sure this is lions mane and that it is beneficial. I haven't touched it yet.
View attachment 119503
What do I do???
Download the iNaturalist app and submit an observation, the AI picture identifier will give you some suggestions on what it is.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
We used to get the Pink camo, orange camo, white blotter, and others with little designs back in the 80s. The best I ever had was brought back from the Greatful Dead show it was a torn off piece of what looked like construction paper for 10 bucks prolly 3 or 4 hits. OOOOH shit.
The window pane and target were blotter on construction paper the window pane was holly shit hang on strong! Sadly a friend never came back from that trip we were all at a house party he disappeared found him 3 days later naked in a remote area along a river still tripping he never came down ended up in an mental hospital.. Kind of gave me pause on acid for awhile....

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
The window pane and target were blotter on construction paper the window pane was holly shit hang on strong! Sadly a friend never came back from that trip we were all at a house party he disappeared found him 3 days later naked in a remote area along a river still tripping he never came down ended up in an mental hospital.. Kind of gave me pause on acid for awhile....
I doubt the acid specifically it was made your friend go crazy. If he had some underlying mental issues the experience could have been too much for him to integrate when he came down. Now, if the acid was impure all bets are off. I generally have a rule that I only do drugs that grow naturally from mother earth, but I have made an exception a few times to try acid. Hard for me to get over the fact that I don't know the skill of the chemist behind what I am taking... and then someone might have cut it on top of that. I doubt I would ever try it again now that I am growing my own mushrooms, I like the experience better anyway.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I doubt the acid specifically it was made your friend go crazy. If he had some underlying mental issues the experience could have been too much for him to integrate when he came down. Now, if the acid was impure all bets are off. I generally have a rule that I only do drugs that grow naturally from mother earth, but I have made an exception a few times to try acid. Hard for me to get over the fact that I don't know the skill of the chemist behind what I am taking... and then someone might have cut it on top of that. I doubt I would ever try it again now that I am growing my own mushrooms, I like the experience better anyway.
Found out he dropped at least three times as much as the rest of us but did find out what really happened with him... in the 70s I trusted our source but switched to mushrooms after that they were kinder on the body I always felt like I was pulled through a knot hole the day after a acid trip never had that with mushrooms... Looking to try golden teacher grow you ever grow them? Have any suggestions on a spore source? So many sellers online it's a little overwhelming

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Found out he dropped at least three times as much as the rest of us but did find out what really happened with him... in the 70s I trusted our source but switched to mushrooms after that they were kinder on the body I always felt like I was pulled through a knot hole the day after a acid trip never had that with mushrooms... Looking to try golden teacher grow you ever grow them? Have any suggestions on a spore source? So many sellers online it's a little overwhelming
I have golden teachers starting now. I ordered from sporeworks dot com.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
This is where I ordered mine from. https://inoculatetheworld.com/product/golden-teacher-spore-syringe/