Blumat Drip System

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So I know that people are wondering how blumats and certain nute lines work together. I just came across this, looks cheap enough whether or not it's effective enough idk. Anyone have any insight on this product? @Capt C check this stuff out. Seems like a bonus product with the enzymes keeping roots healthy, but I don't think it's a substitute for hydrogaurd either. Probably need to use both together.

Z7 Enzyme Cleanser, 8-Ounce https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3YVVK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_DkRxDb1A6MXBE
I might give that a try. Looks like you can get the qt size part a & b for 43.00 and free shipping from the web page.

SCJedi

Synergist
OK and you use drip clean? Do you know how it compares to z7? I'm gonna hit Google, lol.
I have a small bottle of Drip Clean that I add to my res. I don't do it every time but I also use filtered water with nutes below 1000ppm and soak lines and carrots when not in use.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Mac with combination of the hydroguard and the Z7 could i continue to add mycorrhizae to the coco
I was wondering the same thing about that combo with urb or athena biosis. The only bad thing I can see happening is one of these trying to be dominant over the other. One could be killed off by the other at worst making it non affective. Possible nasty issues in the res from build up of a dead population. I had that issue with southern ag and switched back to hydrogaurd. I think that's worst case scenario honestly. I'm gonna give it a whirl, lol.

Edit.... Then again were talking enzymes with the Z7. I think they should all get along. I've done hydrogaurd and urb just fine.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
I was wondering the same thing about that combo with urb or athena biosis. The only bad thing I can see happening is one of these trying to be dominant over the other. One could be killed off by the other at worst making it non affective. Possible nasty issues in the res from build up of a dead population. I had that issue with southern ag and switched back to hydrogaurd. I think that's worst case scenario honestly. I'm gonna give it a whirl, lol.
Very good
Very good i will be able to anticipate the bumps in the road. I am not starting the next flower run with the blumats for 6 more weeks. Mac how do you have them set now? How wet are you keeping the coco?Any runoff? Sorry for all the questions i just have been wondering a lot of things about the Blumats.

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Right now I have them set to start dripping just before the top layer starts to dry. I have 1 gal pots in 8" deep saucers and I usually have 1/4" to an inch of runoff. So they do end up dripping to a full saturation. When I hand watered I wouldn't feed to runoff, I would just water heavy a couple times per cycle and suck up the runoff with a turkey baster. Your also going to find that you'll be in there a couple times a week adjusting dials until you hit a sweet spot. And even then a carrot or two needs adjusted from time to time. I'm sure it can be done quicker, I'm still getting used to them, lol.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Right now I have them set to start dripping just before the top layer starts to dry. I have 1 gal pots in 8" deep saucers and I usually have 1/4" to an inch of runoff. So they do end up dripping to a full saturation. When I hand watered I wouldn't feed to runoff, I would just water heavy a couple times per cycle and suck up the runoff with a turkey baster. Your also going to find that you'll be in there a couple times a week adjusting dials until you hit a sweet spot. And even then a carrot or two needs adjusted from time to time. I'm sure it can be done quicker, I'm still getting used to them, lol.
So Mac when the top layer starts to dry and triggers a feeding. In your 1 gal pots how long roughly till it reaches a saturation ? Then i assume it cuts off until dry enough to trigger another feeding. More than once a day in the 1 gal. Also have you herd or read anywhere that strait coco was better than the perlite mix?

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
So Mac when the top layer starts to dry and triggers a feeding. In your 1 gal pots how long roughly till it reaches a saturation ? Then i assume it cuts off until dry enough to trigger another feeding. More than once a day in the 1 gal. Also have you herd or read anywhere that strait coco was better than the perlite mix?
I haven't watched to see how long to saturate. It's a drip so it could be hours. I think mine are dripping twice a day for the most part, sure to pick up with the flowering plants too. And straight coco is what is recommended for blumats I believe. I use a pre mix so I just rolled with it, I don't see any issues yet.

Last edited:

macsnax

PICK YOUR OWN
Not jump in out no where guys lol but here that 40% off it goes for anything on there site not bad deal.

Plus free shipping for first time buyers. I ordered a quart size Z 7 part a&b for 43 usd. I am sure if i like the Z 7 i will wish i had purchased a larger container at that discount.
I'm not finding the coupon code, I've of you want to point me in the right direction?