Biggest Hurdles and Potential Game Changers

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Be best to make your own carts.
What is the best additive to thin it down with?
Anything that ain't weed is getting into Marlboro territory. What can we add next? Ooooh, lets add terps! shit like that.
Like regular vape carts with the glycerine and the popcorn-lung stuff.
What would you feel safe combusting then inhaling?
I think there are rosin pens that burn like dabs with no solution added to make it thin.
If there are not I'd buy a container of top shelf hash from a reputable small-batch producer and plant more seeds.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Anything that ain't weed is getting into Marlboro territory. What can we add next? Ooooh, lets add terps! shit like that.
Like regular vape carts with the glycerine and the popcorn-lung stuff.
What would you feel safe combusting then inhaling?
I think there are rosin pens that burn like dabs with no solution added to make it thin.
If there are not I'd buy a container of top shelf hash from a reputable small-batch producer and plant more seeds.
The weed industry "is" a tobacco industry.
It's grown like tobacco.

D

Deleted member 60

I just posted the back page of Westword on the "post a pic" thread so you can see the cheap prices of "weed" here and why the entire "top shelf" theory is crap. Who gonna pay you $300 a z for your "top shelf" with a menu like that....and so much more? LOFL. Dreams and fantasies. Dreams and fantasies.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The weed industry "is" a tobacco industry.
It's grown like tobacco.
Except that they abandoned everything known about tobacco production and safety and decided to make new cannabis laws that can be more profitable - because "at least we ain't throwing you in prison, hush peasant!"

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I just posted the back page of Westword on the "post a pic" thread so you can see the cheap prices of "weed" here and why the entire "top shelf" theory is crap. Who gonna pay you $300 a z for your "top shelf" with a menu like that....and so much more? LOFL. Dreams and fantasies. Dreams and fantasies.
Those prices are only going to last for so long until it cripples the market and puts the growers out of business or gets them to go back to the black or grey market like it's already starting to do in CA and other states.

D

Deleted member 60

We're going on about 15 years of dispensary sales and ever-dropping prices/ever-increasing competition to drop prices here in Colorado.

Nothing is gonna change here. The market was crippled here the day MMJ was passed...and then they came back around to give us all a full body sweep and 2 dislocated knees in 2014 when Recreational sales hit. Nobody I know her with weed can sell weed. It's the laughable question that folks toss at others///just cus they know the answer.... "Know anybody looking for pot?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing!"

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
We're going on about 15 years of dispensary sales and ever-dropping prices/ever-increasing competition to drop prices here in Colorado.

Nothing is gonna change here. The market was crippled here the day MMJ was passed...and then they came back around to give us all a full body sweep and 2 dislocated knees in 2014 when Recreational sales hit. Nobody I know her with weed can sell weed. It's the laughable question that folks toss at others///just cus they know the answer.... "Know anybody looking for pot?"

"I was gonna ask you the same thing!"
The problem is that the growers told the gubmint "please, stop putting us in jail for a plant"

The gubmint said "fine, but we ain't getting nothing out of it. You have to do what WE say even though we know shit about cannabis - we know taxes and campaign contributions - and social justice! think of the children!!!"

And the hippies said "fine, whatever. Just leave us alone" and allowed cannabis to be classified as "medicine" by the gubmint. Partially... Kind of...

But that was temporary because the label of "medical" meant you have to visit a weed-doctor to prescribe it. That limited taxes to just those that were willing to put their name on a list and get a gubmint card. "Oops, gotta fix that"

Now it's recreational like it should always have been, but still limitied by gubmint to try and squeeze any profits they can.

Aloe is medicine. It is not controlled by the FDA or any other alphabet agency. It's also cheap as fuck.

Weed was made illegal (translate as " expensive") byt the gubmint, then the supply was kept well above demand by use of the drug war. They got their profits and campaign contributions via the prison industry.

WEED SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN EPENSIVE! It's fucking produce. Period. Hippies sold everythig else to the gubmint to stay out of the pokey and it went downhill from there.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Yea, just wait till you experience,
"Da Blunt!" by Philip Morris.
Can I mark you down for a pack? lol
Marlboro Dank, with different colored packs for their flavors like "Relax" and "Smooth" :LOL:

But if they get their way, the single mom with the WIC checks will be able to get her "meds" in the form of Marlboro Dank for "free", using the taxes you paid on your Winston's Wonder to both buy them their weed, and the politician their vote.

D

Deleted member 60

LOL @H.A.F. ....but now yer goin' all @Joebud on us again and wearin' that tin foil hat... OIP (1).jpeg :rolleyes:o_O

Cigs...alcohol...gambling/online sports betting/titty/strip bars...pussy in some areas...on and on...are ONLY ALLOWED because they bring in TAX DOLLARS and are regulated to the point the public can look the other way. Or most folks, anyway.

None of those VICE industries were created as an easy way to set up a profitable, unregulated game for the little guy...and "the hippies" had nothing to do with any of it except bringing in the first dope/LSD/drugs we all did and loved. Did you honestly believe they'd set it up for folks to sell drugs legally without regulation or paying taxes on sales? And do you think folks WOULD pay taxes on those mostly unseen sales?

Like everybody drives the speed limit? Right? Yup. Just like that. (n):ROFLMAO:

There's no way EVER that anything a single mom on WIC receives...weed or not...that will be more of a handout than if you/I/others live to 77 and keep drawing Social Security and Medicare. Do you realize that's the average age where folks go past the "I PAID IN.." to the "OH FUCK...IT REALLY >>>IS<<< AN ENTITLEMENT???" point in the game? No...you probably don't.... cus nobody who points their fingers at others in this land talks about that one cus it turns the finger that labels folks as a "TAKER" right around at their own bad self... Ooops. Musta been the hippies that set that program up, huh? LOL. Oh my.

As I said before...nobody else cares how "legality" all came about or feels slighted that it has come to be other than those still selling pot for huge profit illegally whose game is about the end hard. Most folks are glad to see >something< Made In America fill the tax coffers for a change and to see far fewer folks going to jail for their involvement with this plant.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If it would have been set up as a vice industry you still get all the inspection fees, licensing, code enforcement stuff, fines, etc. In addition to an additional vice tax like they do on alcohol and cigarettes. That additional tax was not available to them at the beginning because you are talking about taxing medicine. That does not win elections. So instead they applied all the restrictions and fines and taxes on the growers and distributors instead of on the consumer.

You think walmart pays a special tax because they have beer and cigarettes for sale? Fuck off, that's crazy talk! But if you have a dispo...

D

Deleted member 60

FWIW....most folks here are completely fine with the 20% tax that was imposed at the onset/passed by the voters.

Folks on the MEDICAL side here only pay 3%...which is our state tax rate. YES...it's a 3% tax we don't pay on other, prescription drugs...but those drugs are PRESCRIBED BY A DOCTOR...and weed simply ISN'T/CAN'T be....cus...yup...it's illegal Federally. It's a RECOMMENDATION FROM YOUR DOCTOR...not a PRESCRIPTION.

So technically...under Federal law...it isn't "medicine" and can be taxed at a different rate than other, prescribed drugs that are recognized, controlled, and distributed through the laws set by the FED.

And your take/info/bent on the taxes levied is WRONG...at least here in CO. Here...the growers and the distributors are NOT subject to the 20% tax rate. That's for the CONSUMER only here...on OTC sales. Not sure how it is in your state...but this isn't a huge blanket that can be tossed the same way for everyone/every state. Here in CO....we do have a special tax on alcohol sales. It isn't as steep as the weed tax...but it's there...on top of the sales tax.
Again though...none of it affects anyone here other than those who sell pot illegally...or try to. LOL. Who cares other than those selling dope for BIG money whose game is about to end?? If ya are stupid enough to spend $65 on an eighth...goddamn it...you deserve that 20% tax on top of the rest of yer stupid.... LOL.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
FWIW....most folks here are completely fine with the 20% tax that was imposed at the onset/passed by the voters.

Folks on the MEDICAL side here only pay 3%...which is our state tax rate. YES...it's a 3% tax we don't pay on other, prescription drugs...but those drugs are PRESCRIBED BY A DOCTOR...and weed simply ISN'T/CAN'T be....cus...yup...it's illegal Federally. It's a RECOMMENDATION FROM YOUR DOCTOR...not a PRESCRIPTION.

So technically...under Federal law...it isn't "medicine" and can be taxed at a different rate than other, prescribed drugs that are recognized, controlled, and distributed through the laws set by the FED.

And your take/info/bent on the taxes levied is WRONG...at least here in CO. Here...the growers and the distributors are NOT subject to the 20% tax rate. That's for the CONSUMER only here...on OTC sales. Not sure how it is in your state...but this isn't a huge blanket that can be tossed the same way for everyone/every state. Here in CO....we do have a special tax on alcohol sales. It isn't as steep as the weed tax...but it's there...on top of the sales tax.
Again though...none of it affects anyone here other than those who sell pot illegally...or try to. LOL. Who cares other than those selling dope for BIG money whose game is about to end?? If ya are stupid enough to spend $65 on an eighth...goddamn it...you deserve that 20% tax on top of the rest of yer stupid.... LOL.
They don’t have to pay licensing fees and have mandatory “donations” that need to be made to the local police and drug safety programs? They do here in MA. They may not be labeled as “taxes” but I wouldn’t know what else to call them since they are required by law to pay them to do business. I agree that weed shouldn’t be the cash crop it was for so long but, if we can’t make money on it, then why should wealthy companies who can afford to play the legal game be able to?

D

Deleted member 60

Never said that. All businesses here pay licensing fees/taxes...at the same rate. The difference with weed businesses is that...because of the federal laws/etc...the banking side and the deductions they can take aren't the same as other businesses. It's a created mess...cus the lack of banking/etc makes the entire business a CASH business...so those folks get no breaks...cus...um....you know they are skimming off the top somewhere...they were DRUG DEALERS before they were Dispensary owners....LOL.

Taxes collected on weed here go to schools, drug diversion programs, etc. Like our lottery proceeds do.

Can you make money on any other VICE/etc.? Is pimpin' pussy legal? Why not? Can you make/sell moonshine? Why not? Can you sell guns out of yer garage? Why not? Why are those folks allowed to sell these items if we aren't? It's because they PAID FOR THE RIGHT TO DO SO.

And if you didn't make the kill cash while you could of...again...that is on you. Some of us pushed the envelope and were rewarded for doing so. I personally don't think folks should get to charge STREET prices for legal weed...but those poor suckers are BUSINESSES now...so they chose to step right it in....and they deserve all of it. LOL.

Again though...it doesn't affect most people. If you don't buy their wares you don't pay the high tax rate. It's as simple as that.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I've never cared about making money off of weed. The risk was never worth the reward to me when there are plenty of legal jobs out there. that said, though, it's still expensive in my state and I could easily sell my weed for $250- $300 an ounce if I wanted to. People offer it to me all the time and I turn them down because it's not worth getting popped for that when I make a decent salary legally. I literally composted about half a pound of old jarred up weed this summer to make room for my last harvest.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Taxes collected on weed here go to schools, drug diversion programs, etc. Like our lottery proceeds do.
Sure they do, and Colorado has the best public schools in America because of all the funding - oh wait...
Just because a politician told you that the taxes would go to the schools doesn't mean they do - or do any good. You can't throw money at a problem of having shitty teachers as the only ones willing to be oppressed by the school system.