Big Terp's small scale grows

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I use an led shop light for my clones until it gets too cold then I switch to my grow light. In mid winter I use both to keep the room from getting too cold.

That light produced a bunch of tasty looking nuggets amigo.
Thanks, Fiddler
Good idea using both lights during winter for Xtra heat that's needed..

Im happy with what these newer led shop lights, that can actually produce sum nice buds, while not spinning your electric meter like a top.. best part was, I only paid 10 bucks from Wally World for screw in shop light..

Another thing u always are told is, u need the biggest , baddest, light u can get with the correct spectrum for veg/ flower..
b cool to do a side by side with clones using say 2700k vs 5000k for whole cycle,cause those plants was grown under that 5000k whole life .. They say u can't flower under a 5000k , u need more reds.... Well guess not..

Thx for stopping in to see what I've been up too..

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Here's another pic from a DCSE freebie called
Pure Michigan F4 from freak genetics...
(Oreoz X Mendo Breath)
(These pics are from same plant as I entered in the photo of month contest this month.)

IMG_20230829_075427.jpgIMG_20230829_080020.jpg
IMG_20230829_080106.jpg
IMG_20230829_075547~2.jpg
IMG_20230829_075631.jpg
IMG_20230829_075501~2.jpg
IMG_20230829_080318~2.jpg
The plant itself was kept in veg too long, so I basically chopped half plant away then leaned other side over last.. medium stretch, nice coating glitter, strong musky, old school funk that's hard to describe..
2 gallon pot , got little over a oz n half of nice buds
Nice smoke..
Thx✌

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
View attachment 131595
View attachment 131592
View attachment 131591
View attachment 131593
View attachment 131594
Here's another from the past year... It was a freebie 3 pac of fems from Digital Genetics,that I got with a DCSE order. Only popped 1. Really nice little plant.. Rock hard medium sized golf balls..

Doughy baked goods, with a Carmel-ish coffee, typical cookie strain.. definitely enjoyed it..
Only complaint was, week 3-4 I found 2 nut sacks down low, pinched and never seen anymore...
No seeds in the plant nor any others in same tent, so no biggy.. that's part of staying on top of what u got going by checking them daily during early flower/stretch..

Not bad for being grown for next to nothing,and using a 60 watt 5000k led shop light entire grow.. lol
Thx
I'm all about growing for next to nothing.
I've spent enough in seeds and leds over the years, but my hobby has been well worth the investment.
Electric is about my only expense now a days.
Maybe a bag of starting plugs for seeds.
I do need a bale of Pro Mix. (60 x 1gal)
It's 32.00/bale out here in Amishland.
That 50 cents in a 1 gal grow.
That's what, a pc of bubblegum today? lol
Beautiful flowers by the way!

Might have to try some "Bison", but I'm a little confused.
It ain't Bull Shit.
So... it's from a female (cow) Bison?
Not the male (bull) Bison.
Wonder who's "brainfart" that was?
They're making "bold" claims of 31.5% increase in THC or CBD by using their products.
Nothing better than good ole "bat guano" and/or "mushroom compost".

Last edited:

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Well folks, a week Tuesday was first of flower for both of these fems... Yes, both are fems like I was thinking n hoping...
SD1=
IMG_20231031_091636354.jpg
IMG_20231031_091612485.jpg
SD2=
IMG_20231031_091652601.jpg
Both have been throwing chem/onion/burnt tire aromas since late veg..
These Stardawg X's always have beefy support systems/ thick legs..
Also always enjoy seeing those thick fingers on leaves.. love me sum indica leaning plants..
Alot easier to manage, and can handle the stress of topping/pruning little better IMO..

Thx 👊✌

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
And with all this exciting talk of Chernobyl lately, I figured I'd go back and find my pics of a Chernobyl dom plant I had years ago..

It isn't the famous Bob's Slymer cut, but nevertheless, it had sum terpy lemony-lime Skittles candy thing that was memorable..
It was 9lb x Chernobyl a buddy made n gave me..
0627190941.jpg0620190736d.jpg
5 gallon smart pot with dirt....
Thx,🤘

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I'm all about growing for next to nothing.
I've spent enough in seeds and leds over the years, but my hobby has been well worth the investment.
Electric is about my only expense now a days.
Maybe a bag of starting plugs for seeds.
I do need a bale of Pro Mix. (60 x 1gal)
It's 32.00/bale out here in Amishland.
That 50 cents in a 1 gal grow.
That's what, a pc of bubblegum today? lol
Beautiful flowers by the way!

Might have to try some "Bison", but I'm a little confused.
It ain't Bull Shit.
So... it's from a female (cow) Bison?
Not the male (bull) Bison.
Wonder who's "brainfart" that was?
They're making "bold" claims of 31.5% increase in THC or CBD by using their products.
Nothing better than good ole "bat guano" and/or "mushroom compost".
Thanks , appreciate it man..
I never picked up on the weird wording on the package til u mentioned it.. by them words, it's coming from a heifer 🦬... Lol

And ya I'm with u on their bold claims to boost terps, and THC, that much too...
After I bought the compost, I tried emailing them 3 times to get a small sample pack of each of their lines...
Well not one reply back..?
After investigating online I found out they are the same people that make Mammoth microbes....
The Mammoth did zero for me back in the day they was giving samples out...
This stuff is good imo.. wherever I top dress with it, it breaks soil down nicely preventing watering and it runs out side of pots ... This allows that water to sink down almost instantly...
Not recommending the company cause of ghosting in emails, but the compost is decent imo...
Thanks for stopping in..

Frankie Eyelashes

And with all this exciting talk of Chernobyl lately, I figured I'd go back and find my pics of a Chernobyl dom plant I had years ago..

It isn't the famous Bob's Slymer cut, but nevertheless, it had sum terpy lemony-lime Skittles candy thing that was memorable..
View attachment 131798View attachment 131799
Thx,🤘

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Its been a bit since i updated here..

Being i needed the space , i gave those 2 Stardawg plants away to a buddy that had the space to finish em..
I wanted a clear slate to start Heisen's contest plants..
Besides, ive got enough smoke to last til then, hopefully... Lol

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Here's a new little toy i picked up....

It's the ATREUM HYDRA-1000...12x12 board with a total of 208 diodes..
301B Samsung diodes, with Osram 660nm&720-740far red diodes, & powered by a Meanwell driver..
105 watt max at wall watts.
AMERICAN made , 3 year warranty
10%-100% power dimmer(love this feature, mainly why i chose it)
Very sturdy, well built light, that cost me right at 140 bucks to my door..

My 2 choices was the ATREUM hydra1000 or the Ac infinity S22 Ion board.. the ACI only had 5 dimming modes and is basically same diodes as atreum.. People was complaining online of the heat the ACI pushed out at higher settings...
Atreum has diodes spaced better for heat, and u can control dimming anywhere from 10-100 percent... That why i chose it.. And will b buying another..

I love my 4 qb132's from Horticulture lighting group, but they are only a single toned spectrum at 3500k.. Wanted sumthing with the deep & far reds, to hopefully draw out little more colors,& frost...

So here u go....

IMG_20231117_074224269.jpgIMG_20231117_074405376.jpgIMG_20231117_074653594~2.jpgIMG_20231117_074438190~2.jpgIMG_20231117_082723286~3.jpg
Turned all way down at 10% and @12 inches away its got a 10,000lux reading according to app on phone... ,👍
Thx

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

View attachment 131798View attachment 131799
Thx,🤘
Would you look at that! Just look at it!

D

Deleted member 60

Yo @Big Terps !

I noticed your Atreum light....and yer Cloudline tent. I see yer happy with the Atreum....ditto on the Cloudline? I see em say they are "better made" from thicker material/bladeeblah... ya think so? Better than a cheap tent but not quite a Gorilla tent "better"? :D Everyone here sure raves about their fans.

After I saw your light I went to the Atreum site and with their knock in price down to $139....and $10 off on that...it's $125.10 out the door on one of those units. Thinking about a 3 x 3 tent with one of those in it for seed poppin'/clone veggin'.....and a shelf up top to hang the light from/for clone rootin'/warmin'. Looks like it screams for 100+ watts and would do the job well. Due to the fact all I have are 4 ft t-5's and the smallest HID I have is a 600....I'd probably save what I'd spend on the light in electrical savings over the Winter. And then there's the fact that both lights are too big for a 3 x 3...

I'd go bigger with the tent but then...I'd go ...um...bigger.:LOL: Fuckin' Old People.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Yo @Big Terps !

I noticed your Atreum light....and yer Cloudline tent. I see yer happy with the Atreum....ditto on the Cloudline? I see em say they are "better made" from thicker material/bladeeblah... ya think so? Better than a cheap tent but not quite a Gorilla tent "better"? :D Everyone here sure raves about their fans.

After I saw your light I went to the Atreum site and with their knock in price down to $139....and $10 off on that...it's $125.10 out the door on one of those units. Thinking about a 3 x 3 tent with one of those in it for seed poppin'/clone veggin'.....and a shelf up top to hang the light from/for clone rootin'/warmin'. Looks like it screams for 100+ watts and would do the job well. Due to the fact all I have are 4 ft t-5's and the smallest HID I have is a 600....I'd probably save what I'd spend on the light in electrical savings over the Winter. And then there's the fact that both lights are too big for a 3 x 3...

I'd go bigger with the tent but then...I'd go ...um...bigger.:LOL: Fuckin' Old People.
What up there Sticky....
To answer the first part bout the ATREUM hydra 1000, yes im happy i did buy it.. those same deals u mentioned i took advantage of too..

Honestly, im going to buy another to efficiently light my little 20x36x60 flower tent..
1 could probably do the trick but id havta run it wide open.. That shortens the life of diodes and causes heat issues.. So 2 running on 50% wood b perfect for me..

In a 3x3 like u said for cloning/ seed starting/ early vegging that light wood be a good option imo...

As far as the AC INFINITY CLOUDLINE tents , its the best ive owned.. ive had vivosun, cool grows, &ac infinity..
The cool grows cost me a whole month of loss due to having light leaks everywhere and being to busy in life to notice..
Plants was fine til they reached maturity in veg bout 4 weeks in and everyone in tent turned herm on me... Lol smh

For example the ACI tent is in same spot that cheapy cool grows brand was at.. its in a bedroom that is used all day everyday for living.. lights on in room. Not one issue yet...

So another option i was looking at that was very close to the CLOUDLINE ACI, was the gorilla lite versions of their tents.. Close in pricing to each other, and both use that thick canvas thats harder for light to peek threw..

I believe @Slowdrawl has the gorilla lite and ACI cloudline tents.. maybe he can come over here in help chime in with his opinions...

Anything ive got from Aci has been top notch..
Fans, filters, tents.
Hope this helps ya dude

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Yo @Big Terps !

I started off with a 600 HID in n a 4 x 2.

It supported a lot of biomas in the tent. I’d still be using it if LEDs weren’t so cheap to run.