Best place to live in the USA.

cedew

I go through this same thing every month or two. Lots of places are great if money is no object, but when "value" comes into play, it gets really tough. Every single state has some sort of significant drawback, be it affordability, or weather, or laws, or taxes, or whatever. It's easy to get lost looking for a place, but instead of looking all over and seeing if you think you'd like it, maybe try working in the reverse and asking yourself what your ideal life is and then think about regions where people live that way.

For me, all I want to do is enjoy my family and garden on some land and buy/sell/trade produce at the local weekly market and chit chat with locals and have nice chill evenings at home. In my mind, that just says, "aaaahhhhhh". Unfortunately, farmers markets in the US are an overpriced mess that have become more of a trendy activity than a communal means of sustenance. That old school lifestyle is more commonplace throughout south America and across most of rural Europe and running through various personal filters, my list shrinks to a region expanding from Portugal through northern Spain and southern France and into Italy. Plus, France and Italy are always in the top five of global healthcare quality, while the US is always way down at 30-something.

Vee

Ancient Member
Of concern to me is the falling of the US food standards, USA had once some great healthy recipes
after a few months with my Aunt in Bev Hills I was screaming for normal food, food with no 'E's or corn
in truth it was like living in an episode of ' the Simpsons'
if pushed I'd go American Samoa just become a vegan who likes fish ....lol

Cobzilla

Super Active Member
Sorry, I meant west of the Cascade mountains. Dynavap got me. Between the coast and the Puget sound.

I was stationed out there a few years ago and grew up in central Minnesota. I wore a zip up hoodie in winter, didn't need much else. If it ever snowed more than a half inch Everything shut down.
I have lived in Wa. State all my life and would never think of leaving.. you get all 4 seasons and the winters are not to cold and the summers are not to hot.. weed is legal .. easy to get a med card.. you got MTs, ocean, clean rivers... good fishing and hunting .. yes it rains but thats why its so green and beautiful here. and if you want to get away from people its easy to do.. people dont fuck with you and its a live and let live type attitude here.. but hey dont tell anyone because we dont want a bunch of people moving here..😜

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
It's a hard choice, a buddy of mine recently bought a a house on 5 acres (well, septic, wood stove, etc.) Just north of Seattle and paid double what we paid with the same plus a barn and 20+ more acres. My tolerance for midwest winters is shrinking as the years pass

I still miss it. Still gotta convince myself that the juice is worth the squeeze.

I have lived in Wa. State all my life and would never think of leaving.. you get all 4 seasons and the winters are not to cold and the summers are not to hot.. weed is legal .. easy to get a med card.. you got MTs, ocean, clean rivers... good fishing and hunting .. yes it rains but thats why its so green and beautiful here. and if you want to get away from people its easy to do.. people dont fuck with you and its a live and let live type attitude here.. but hey dont tell anyone because we dont want a bunch of people moving here..😜
Where do you live? I grew up there in the Seattle area. Yes it was awesome, but then a bunch of fucktards moved there.

It's over fished unless you go out in the ocean.

People are assholes now since there's too many people in too small an area.

My grandfather use to hunt until he almost got shot by some other jackasses 30 years ago and traded all his guns for golfing gear.

Traffic from hell, and yadda yadda yadda.

Hey, but the seafood is good, and it's really green and mild weather. And I like the Cascades. Newer steeper mountains than here in CO.

If it was like it was I'd still be there, but it's not.

Colorado is growing too fucking fast as it is. Don't come here. Not for the babes, not for the skiing, not for the beer, not for the weed. I'll volunteer to suffer staying here, just so no one else has to...
There's better looking girls on the West Coast. Our mountains are flat and you'll have to unstrap and walk a lot. The weather changes too fast. And Sierra Nevada has better beer than anything here. Flat Tire tastes like flat piss. And our weed is all full of WPM.