Best place to live in the USA.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Sorry, I meant west of the Cascade mountains. Dynavap got me. Between the coast and the Puget sound.

I was stationed out there a few years ago and grew up in central Minnesota. I wore a zip up hoodie in winter, didn't need much else. If it ever snowed more than a half inch Everything shut down.
I love it out there too, hence my screen name Mt. Rain Dog = Mt. Rainier.

Quick question for you...

Manny’s or Mack & Jack? :)

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I would look at local taxes and cost of living. Never go by "average income" or how much you can make at a new job there. Those states with the higher incomes have them to offset the cost of living.

Price of gas, rent for a 2br appartment, property taxes, local and city taxes on top of state and fed, gallon of milk, whatever, will be a reflection of what it costs to live there. Do they tax bags and bottles at the grocery store or have a surcharge for "recycling"?

Red state and blue state matter for quality of life if you have means. If you are a welfare case move to a blue state.
Yup! When I lived in MT my mortgage payment was less than my car loan payment. I bought a 2,200 sqft house out there, with a detached 2 car garage, and 3/4 of an acre for under $70,000 back in 1998. Gas and everything else cost the same as most places but their average income level was really low.

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
That's was one thing about WA I don't miss. The price of gas/housing and the transients.

I don't know what Mannys or Mack and Jack is and the boss is from there and she didn't know either. Is it a restaurant?
Haha, It’s the two big breweries out there. Manny’s Pale Ale and Mack n Jacks Amber. Every restaurant sells either one or the other, but never both. It’s like Pepsi and Coke, and unique to the Seattle/Tacoma area

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
For example - you could live in a BEAUTIFUL area in upsate of western New York - cozy neighborhoods or wide open spaces - but your taxes and everything else is based on NYC. The moron Cuomo is still your governor, and no matter how hard you vote the degenerates in the city will rule you with their voting numbers.
It's not THAT beautiful!
And those GREAT bodies of water hold tbe moisture, then DUMP it all at once. But hey it is kinda pretty for,a few months outta the year 😄