Before you post those pictures....

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Pictures on your phone or tablet could possibly be containing info about your location, GPS, etc depending on your settings.
You always want to remove any data that may be attached to your pictures before posting them on ANY site. Though this site is as safe as they come, the pictures you post may not be and may contain info that you likely wouldnt want to share.

-If you post from a cell phone or a tablet, be sure to turn off location/gps etc in the options on your picture taking app.
-If you are unsure about your pics containing data, you can manage your app settings for that app OR transfer the pics from your phone to a desktop computer/laptop and then scrub them of all data.

To do this from your desktop/laptop, simply load the pics from your phone or tablet onto your PC.
Once they are on your PC, you can Right Click the picture(s) and go to "Properties".
Untitled 1.png
From there you will see a tab called "Details"...click this tab.
There will then be a link at the bottom of the box that says "Remove Properties and Personal Information".
Click this, and now another box will appear and it will have the option to "create a copy with all possible properties removed".
Untitled 2.png
Select this option and click "OK".
You have just made a copy with ALL info removed from the picture.
It is now safe to post without worry of someone mining data from your pics.

dstroy

Insanely Active Member
Every photo taken on modern devices has potentially identifiable information embedded within in a format known as EXIF.

You can see what EXIF information is contained in a photo directly from your phone using google photos, select the photo and tap the "i".

If you want to remove it while on your phone you need a 3rd party EXIF scrubber.

I'm not sure about how to do it on linux off the top of my head.

Most platforms scrub the EXIF for you, but if you aren't sure about it then just go ahead for your peace of mind and scrub out that metadata.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

thx for letting those who didn't know how to be a bit safer how to get down. i used to always scrub on the laptop.

yet, now i usually scrub on the phone via an app. i can upload right to whatever site i want then. i like the option if i'm not near the laptop or phone. i can't scrub multiple pics at the same time but free is free and it works.

stuff like this used to be standard in the security threads on most sites a decade ago.
now i see so many not care or think about it at all like they are safe from the feds.
don't get me wrong they don't go after small fry but when weird shit happens that is unexpected it's best to be safe then sorry especially when it's free. free security adds up if u know what your doing. thx Op for the post.

Mr Blamo

Old Timer
Im legal grower for a long time now...me I don't care about pics. I smoke joints everywhere lol...as long as its not a non smoke place.
I been known for years and years as being a pot head. I'm untouchable with the law...people that live beside me sure found that out lol...the rat patrol.
However...
People who are not legal in some of the USA states do have a worry though.