Bang for your Buck! LED DEALS!!

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

Boom

For 280$ I just built you a light. Wasnt that fun!!!!??? I love this shit

shimz

vapest
Convince me that LRS drivers are a good alternative to HLG. I did some calculations and the loss in efficiency doesn't scare me. Worst case is around $7/year in extra electric. They are not meant for damp locations though. I do like that they're $35 instead of $135. Do they hold up? I see they carry a 3-year warranty vs. HLG @ 7 years.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Convince me that LRS drivers are a good alternative to HLG. I did some calculations and the loss in efficiency doesn't scare me. Worst case is around $7/year in extra electric. They are not meant for damp locations though. I do like that they're $35 instead of $135. Do they hold up? I see they carry a 3-year warranty vs. HLG @ 7 years.
I mount mine outside the tent so I dont get heat or moisture on it. It keeps the trnt cooler that way.
These are CV drivers so parallel wirong is the only obvious difference to me. So far so good

Big Perm

Budtender
I mount mine outside the tent so I dont get heat or moisture on it. It keeps the trnt cooler that way.
These are CV drivers so parallel wirong is the only obvious difference to me. So far so good
You can wire CV any way you want. It's CC that is more series specific.
And he asked about the difference in HLG vs. LRS.
I'm curious too is the only reason I bring it up.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Not trying to be a dick, but here is an example:
HLG vs. ELG
Both same driver, only difference is HLG is more catered to 110VAC, and ELG is more catered to 220VAC, but you can run either of them on either VAC. They just won't perform as well on the VAC they weren't designed for.
I read somewhere one time about it. I dont remember. For ke its all about the money aspect. Half the price

Big Perm

Budtender
HLG vs. LRS

The big differences are:
LRS- Fan. 88% efficiency. CV. 3 year warranty.
HLG- No fan. 94% efficiency. CV, CC. 7 year warranty
price difference: $53
For a DIY, I'm going to go ahead and give these LRS drivers the nod. Just less efficient is the only big difference I can see.
Edit: Oh, when I said those strips shake out to 4500k, it's actually 4600k, I just didn't want to get all specific. 4600k is a veg spec is all I was eluding to.

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
HLG vs. LRS

The big differences are:
For a DIY, I'm going to go ahead and give these LRS drivers the nod. Just less efficient is the only big difference I can see.
Edit: Oh, when I said those strips shake out to 4500k, it's actually 4600k, I just didn't want to get all specific. 4600k is a veg spec is all I was eluding to.
I would split em up anyway, just thought it was a he'll of a deal

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
HLG vs. LRS

The big differences are:
Ya give em a try bp.. I loved mine when i used em. Price and being able to run the qb132s at max was my reasons to try em.
Hell they made by same company as hlg so they cant be to bad.
U did teach me sumthing tho on them.. Had no clue u could wire them either way. ( parallel or series).
What kind of diy build u got up your sleeve next using a lrs? Just curious?

Big Perm

Budtender
Ya give em a try bp.. I loved mine when i used em. Price and being able to run the qb132s at max was my reasons to try em.
Hell they made by same company as hlg so they cant be to bad.
U did teach me sumthing tho on them.. Had no clue u could wire them either way. ( parallel or series).
What kind of diy build u got up your sleeve next using a lrs? Just curious?
Shiiiiiit, I'm not going to use an LRS.
Edit: Or QB132's. Nothing against them, just isn't my style.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
HLG vs. LRS

The big differences are:
In ur message here u said in ur next diy im gonna go ahead and give the LRS a try? Lol. U cant deny those 132's are a good option tho.
What was ur findings when u used the HGL xb led? Your opinion on the light and what kind of buds did it produce for ya.

HAF grew sum nice buds with his but said it took longer to flower ? Is that what happened with urs too?
Thx for ur info. ✌

Big Perm

Budtender
In ur message here u said in ur next diy im gonna go ahead and give the LRS a try? Lol. U cant deny those 132's are a good option tho.
What was ur findings when u used the HGL xb led? Your opinion on the light and what kind of buds did it produce for ya.

HAF grew sum nice buds with his but said it took longer to flower ? Is that what happened with urs too?
Thx for ur info. ✌
I didn't say that. Just was saying that the LRS isn't a complete turd, like originally thought.
XB was a huge piece of shit, let's face it. I sent mine back.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
This is what i bought. It is about the same price as true northern lighting.. 10 bucks cheaper...but free shipping (True Northern gives me free shipping too but its not standard)...

True northern is a strip light...now that i have seen them i will build my own going forward. Purpose driven lighting (SLOGUN of the year).

But this is working great...in the 32 i have 250 watts....for the contest i will add a 4k board and get to 400. :D

This is the 250 part.

Product Name250W Fusion Board
Spectrum3000K, 660nm, UV, IR LEDs
Substrate MaterialAluminum PCB
Thickness1.6mm
Smallest aperture0.003"
Surface treatmentHASL
ModlePCB Board
DriverMW HLG-240H-48AB
LED QTY& Type496pcs SAMSUNG LM301h +64pcs Epistar 660nm+8pcs UV+8pcs IR
Current:500mA-2700mA
Power 250W