Are bars worth the extra money

Positivitybecomesu

Hey agian y'all I'm growing w 315w I don't know if I'm post rite? It's time for me to make the jump to led it seems.. my question is a are bars worth the extra over qb?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter

Come check out my builds!?1203210607.jpg0822210814.jpg0822210814a.jpg1220210547a.jpg1212211307a_HDR.jpg1212211307_HDR.jpg1212211155.jpg

Attachments

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
The J James comp plants are my first ever LED strip/bars grow I also had a 200watt QB on one end to cover 3 plants for years I have been a fluorescent T5 for seedings, only recently QB for veg then a couple HPS/CMH for the remainder I really fought switching to LED the blurple LEDs did little to covert me but the LED strip/bar eventually got me! Running AC to keep the hps/CMH cool always bothered me. I really like the even coverage, no hot spots and cooler running temps of the strip led the QB on the end also has a noticeable hot spot and the coverage is not as even but I like how the girls under the QB looked they even finished earlier I am going to do my next run start to finish with LEDs another ballast took a crap in my T5 fluorescent so rather than spend the $$ replacing it I'll use an led... If you got the jingle go with the strip/bars mentioned before a fella on this site makes a great one hit him up I am sure he will build you a great light for less $ than you could buy one for online...

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Medic grow with ccfc coupon code is sub 600$ and has enough juice to “properly” light up a 4x4…. Lights are one of the most important aspects of doing this don’t cheep out……the difference between cheep lights and expensive ones is how even the par is spread throughout your room. Stay away from quantum boards they’re horribly in efficient at spreading par unless you have Super high ceiling space…check this light guide out to give you a better idea of a “quality light”

Buddernugs

Full send….always
This is what 315w of hid will get you in a 4x4….now be warned……anything lower than 650ppfs and the bud in that grid will be bullshit……anything over 1000 without sup co2 and anything in that grid will be bulls hit……. That’s why I said stay away from quantum boards because their 2E2483E0-BB5E-4AFE-9C04-90C65196CF9F.pngnotorious for hitting 1600 PPFD in the center and not even enough for veg on the edges

Buddernugs

Full send….always
In my opinion anything under 500 W it’s not nearly enough juice to light up the 4 x 4 properly outburst you’re growing 3‘ x 3‘ solid canopy everything else is going to be bullshit, and that’s with the LM301h diodes,which are top dog right now……with sup par diodes u want at least 600+w because of the loss of efficiency that goes with them…..this is what a proper light looked like lighting up a 4x4.161D8090-76E9-46F2-8756-4BEC68F02E9C.jpeg

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
In my opinion anything under 500 W it’s not nearly enough juice to light up the 4 x 4 properly outburst you’re growing 3‘ x 3‘ solid canopy everything else is going to be bullshit, and that’s with the LM301h diodes,which are top dog right now……with sup par diodes u want at least 600+w because of the loss of efficiency that goes with them…..this is what a proper light looked like lighting up a 4x4.View attachment 112663
Tons of people get great results in a 4x4 with 480W of quality LED.