Anyone recognize this LED

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm thinking $600 Can. I'm guessing these are well over a grand per light and by the look of them they are new. All were/are in bubble wrap. No dust on top heat sinks.

1x Hlg 600 48B with 100k dimmer. Just have to wire a 110-220plug or I can for cost if needed.
4x150w lights 600LED/strip with heat sink, lense and all wiring to plug and play. These were set up in a huge room so some sets will have a long main 48v wire that splits into 4 to each group. Can be cut/shortened and reattached to the 3way splitter that is included.

I also have 10 spot wall mounts for the drivers. I'd throw them in if someone wants to go big. They are a metal powder coated frame with 10 maybe 12 spots to mount the drivers to. With wiring junction box for 220 power. Fucken heavy with drivers mounted. Too heavy to lift with one person heavy.
Any Albertans delivery/ meetup could be possible.
Shipping possible but they do have some weight to them so it's not going to be cheep.
I'll post some better picks up of what stuff is included.

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Few photos.
Bare strip.
694F2149-6A6C-4772-BE12-1875A6BC6C87.jpeg
Nice aluminium backing for heat transfer. EB strips are Fiberglas, not as good.
4A4E6E91-E3B6-4496-B6B2-94A164F707FC.jpeg
End profile. Some nice cooling fins.
A6856315-245B-4FDC-8A6A-E6F6D559B13D.jpegE0C650DB-22A0-4FB4-9154-35880CC2D14D.jpeg
Not sure what you call the connectors but the plug and twist lock.
9F526E0A-0A02-42D2-B554-74AC811F29AA.jpeg
I did some destructive testing when I first tested.
Like a kid I knew better. I had 2 lights hooked up to a 600 watt driver and gave the DIM pot a quick twist to blind my self and a herd a little snap. Didn’t think any thing of it but one LED unsoldered itself and moved a bit. Left one row (5LED open).
Of course I had to see if I could fix it. Ordered a hot air soldering gun and gave it a go.The glass didn't want to come off but I was able to brake the bond to heat sink and remove the strip.
The air gun wasn’t quite hot enough as I was heating from the back side. And the back is aluminium. Best backing for heat transfer. Air and a pen soldering iron I got the LED to move back to its spot and low and behold the row works again. Now I have to figure how to epoxy it back in.
Thought I would update with some picks. I'll get more soon.

Last edited:

Boybelue

Super Active Member
So they used some kind of thermal glue? Why not use thermal tape to go back on with it? My bad if youve already told, but how many diodes per strip? Brand diode?

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
600 led per strip. I opted to leave the glass on so I didn't brake it. So I have to work in a tight environment. Tape may work. Stick to strip, get it where it needs to be and stick it on.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Oh! I didnt know the glass was still in place. I might would go with some type of thermal glue in that case. You know how that tape is, soon as it touches that's it, no pick it up and retry. Lol

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Tape could work put it on the back of LED slide it in LEDs down and flip it over to stick. Trick is how to put some pressure on it to stick it good.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
Tape could work put it on the back of LED slide it in LEDs down and flip it over to stick. Trick is how to put some pressure on it to stick it good.
Yea if you get it in place and had a strong straight edge, steel rod maybe, you might could place some shims or a shim every so often , press then move the shim a tad, press, till you get it wormed out.

Boybelue

Super Active Member
You might could attach a string or something similar to one end of the tape, then position the strip in place, then pull the string and tape off all in one motion with the strip staying in place. We used that trick a lot with autos (cars)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Post more ! I will like them unless i dont :D i think that might be the issue.

and turpman..i have been tempted. I need a solid veg light and 2 of those bars would rock it i think...the other 2 i can supplement bloom with. How much to ship to Ontario ?