Anyone know what this looks like?

larf

That was such a great scene....I heard that the guy was hired for a lengthy fight but the producer decided to cut it to shorten down the movie length.

Harrison Ford felt sorry for the dude who had be rehearsing the full fight scene for weeks, so he suggested the shorten version which turned out priceless.
I've always heard that Ford had diarrhea on set, and shot the guy to end the lengthy scene because of it.

That was such a great scene....I heard that the guy was hired for a lengthy fight but the producer decided to cut it to shorten down the movie length.

Harrison Ford felt sorry for the dude who had be rehearsing the full fight scene for weeks, so he suggested the shorten version which turned out priceless.
That's cool. I had no idea about that.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
I see bumps where those marks are. Really, I'd say wind or brushing up against it. Like abrasions but also kinda looks like thrips. Are there bugs in the medium? The damage is even on the new leaves. Looks like the starting of Broad Mites possibly.
It's the bumps that concerns me.
Broad Mites leave a tiny trail of eggs all the way to the tops of the plants and slowly those hatch and do the same thing. Hopefully it's environmental damage.
thanks @NoWaistedSpace , i did not know that about broad mites.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
You want those plants free and clear of any pests and disease before hitting flower. Around 5 to 6 weeks in flower is when you start noticing you got problems if it's Broad Mites. So you feed them thinking it is a deficiency, adding more new growth for them to devour.
It took me 2 weeks to actually find the Mites.
I had never seen them before in all my years of growing.
I kept misdiagnosing what was going on with the plants.
You need a good scope to even see them the damn things.
Got pissed , bought a good microscope used for 60.00 bucks. now i can see these suckers . next spray treatment, two days from now i will add peppermint oil to the mix!the problem is with a outie , but i hate these bugs!just proud it's not my garden.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Got pissed , bought a good microscope used for 60.00 bucks. now i can see these suckers . next spray treatment, two days from now i will add peppermint oil to the mix!the problem is with a outie , but i hate these bugs!just proud it's not my garden.
What type of bugs are you seeing?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
some of them you can near see thru, others are kind of a redish color ,then we have the ones that look like a black dot, 67 year old eyes have, a hard time finding such small critters , thinking seriously , about takin lighter fluid to it and roast em all.
Can you find pics on the internet that look like them?
Might be just "aphids", but those "black dots" sounds like a Broad Mite, but wouldn't know unless seeing a pic.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Can you find pics on the internet that look like them?
Might be just "aphids", but those "black dots" sounds like a Broad Mite, but wouldn't know unless seeing a pic.
yes they ARE broad mites ,lighter fluid it is .not riskin the others even at about 100ft. I will put a end to this bunch.Thanks for the help@NoWaistedSpace, from the looks of em this plant has about all of the unwanted guests, so it is a offering to the fire gods!

Last edited:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
yes they ARE broad mites ,lighter fluid it is .not riskin the others even at about 100ft. I will put a end to this bunch.Thanks for the help@NoWaistedSpace, from the looks or em this plant has about all of the unwanted guests, so it is a offering to the fire gods!
Damn! That's a shame! How far along are the flowers? There's only one thing I found to knock them down. (Besides Fire of Hell)
The ground is infected most likely. I'll have to look up the name. I've said it many times on the forum but I'm old and mind doesn't focus like before. But it's all still up there in the brain somewhere. lol It's not Spinocide, it's just fatty lypoids or something.
Here it is
1663606263998.png
I treat them up to flip a couple times in veg just to be on the safe side.
I look at the leaf stem and look for "chew marks" if my leaves look fine. You will see a trail. Any eating insect will leave a trail, but the Broad Mite is a weapon of "stealth". They send out a couple "breeders" that go on point for recon and mark a trail of eggs directly to the tops, for the "REST" of them!
They don't take their time either,
leaving tiny bite marks, shit balls and egg or a "seed" shape, not round like spider mites. When the "trail eggs" hatch, those move out the leaflets underneath and eat the membrane and leave the top layers like a greenhouse and lay eggs and it makes a "raised" area on the top of the leaf.
They were my "arch enemy" for a couple years.
In the end, I lost.
I restarted from scratch.
But the Avid gives you a fighting chance.
Kills shit 99% dead, even Broad Mites.
There's always survivors that evolve to go on.

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Damn! That's a shame! How far along are the flowers? There's only one thing I found to knock them down. (Besides Fire of Hell)
The ground is infected most likely. I'll have to look up the name. I've said it many times on the forum but I'm old and mind doesn't focus like before. But it's all still up there in the brain somewhere. lol It's not Spinocide, it's just fatty lypoids or something.
Here it is
View attachment 119892
I treat them up to flip a couple times in veg just to be on the safe side.
I look at the leaf stem and look for "chew marks" if my leaves look fine. You will see a trail. Any eating insect will leave a trail, but the Broad Mite is a weapon of "stealth". They send out a couple "breeders" that go on point for recon and mark a trail of eggs directly to the tops, for the "REST" of them!
They don't take their time either,
leaving tiny bite marks, shit balls and egg or a "seed" shape, not round like spider mites. When the "trail eggs" hatch, those move out the leaflets underneath and eat the membrane and leave the top layers like a greenhouse and lay eggs and it makes a "raised" area on the top of the leaf.
They were my "arch enemy" for a couple years.
In the end, I lost.
I restarted from scratch.
But the Avid gives you a fighting chance.
Kills shit 99% dead, even Broad Mites.
There's always survivors that evolve to go on.
i do'nt have any of the products, above but this will change.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Do your research - pretty sure you do not want to smoke anything treated with Avid. Notice it specifies "ornamental".

I think it is a last resort for saving mom plants, then you have to grow out a few generations of clones to get rid of it.

I could be wrong.
It's strong and I wouldn't use it in flower.
It only takes drops per gallon.
Not sure what the MSDS says.