Anyone here have a Levo II machine?

Kulla380

Really Active Member
I personally love mine. My only gripes are that they took forever to ship mine, and the app is flaky, but you can operate the thing just as easily from the button and display on the device. I still prefer to make butter in large batches on the stove but I use my Levo to make everything else I want to infuse.
Damn thought I found some on amazon.de but they are all out of stock. Have to keep my eyes open for them

D

Deleted member 60

Still playing around with making salve here. It's been very well recieved....and I've continued to tweek the formulation and add more goodness in.

CBD isolate is very cheap on the whole. It's a CRIME to go to the store/health food store and see the prices of these cremes/lotions...and the miniscule amount of CBD that is in some of these creations. 100mg in 2 oz of creme for $25??? WOW. That's a whopping 12 CENTS worth of CBD...and that's at my cost. Those folks doing this for a biz are getting their CBD isolate even cheaper...no doubt. There's an easy $20 markup in that jar.

BIG PHARMA my ass. These are those same folks...whining about all of that....who then turn around and fuck patients/those in pain right in the ass in the name of our favorite plant. Pisses me off.

I'm formulating my salve @ 3000mg CBD and 400mg THC per ounce. Folks are freaking at how well it works. I've been giving it away but folks are feeling guilty just taking it...especially after they go to the store and look on the shelves @ the pricing there for so much less CBD/love/etc.. Such a formulation is about $80 a tin....or more....in the store.

So I'm starting to do $25 a tin......and a few folks are shooting me $40 a tin....cus they believe in it and know it's a great value compared to what they were buying in the stores. It's not like slingin pounds was in the 90's/2000's...but it's fun to see my Paypal balance rise and to be able to grab more goodness to keep things going without funding it all myself.

I may ratchet it all up even more. I found a site where their lab breaks things down....and you can buy all sorts of firmulations of CBD w/"minors" (CBG..CBN...etc.) ....full spectrum mixes with traces of THC....mixes with CBN only...etc.etc.etc.

https://www.gvbbiopharma.com/wholesale/

Gotta make a determination if the additional cost/ingredients will make a difference because these formulations are 3-4 times more expensive than CBD isolate alone. Cool to look at no matter which way I go. I may also look into asking my friends who grow hemp if I can get some hemp bud to squish into rosin. While the ratios would be unknown compared to these laboratory formulations where they are getting down to the gnats ass on composition...there'd be more "minors" for sure. (Our tHC packed weed doesn't have many minors on the whole)

Anyways...i've been reading a lot on the subject. Interesting stuff. Lots of knowledge that has been covered up by some who wanted to profit via chemical compounds rather than natural remedies. Albeit slowly....... the onion is being peeled.

271901882_10228175363116313_4356791463358949099_n.jpg

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Noticed any efficacy difference between indica and sativa stickygreen? I never tried cbd isolate etc. Been growing high CBD strains and hemp I like the idea of knowing exactly how much cbd your using I perhaps wrongly assumed full spectrum from the whole plant would work better but if your getting great results I am going to give it isolate shot thanks for the update I have a magic butter machine it's been working like a charm

m4s73r

The Laziest
Still playing around with making salve here. It's been very well recieved....and I've continued to tweek the formulation and add more goodness in.

CBD isolate is very cheap on the whole. It's a CRIME to go to the store/health food store and see the prices of these cremes/lotions...and the miniscule amount of CBD that is in some of these creations. 100mg in 2 oz of creme for $25??? WOW. That's a whopping 12 CENTS worth of CBD...and that's at my cost. Those folks doing this for a biz are getting their CBD isolate even cheaper...no doubt. There's an easy $20 markup in that jar.

BIG PHARMA my ass. These are those same folks...whining about all of that....who then turn around and fuck patients/those in pain right in the ass in the name of our favorite plant. Pisses me off.

I'm formulating my salve @ 3000mg CBD and 400mg THC per ounce. Folks are freaking at how well it works. I've been giving it away but folks are feeling guilty just taking it...especially after they go to the store and look on the shelves @ the pricing there for so much less CBD/love/etc.. Such a formulation is about $80 a tin....or more....in the store.

So I'm starting to do $25 a tin......and a few folks are shooting me $40 a tin....cus they believe in it and know it's a great value compared to what they were buying in the stores. It's not like slingin pounds was in the 90's/2000's...but it's fun to see my Paypal balance rise and to be able to grab more goodness to keep things going without funding it all myself.

I may ratchet it all up even more. I found a site where their lab breaks things down....and you can buy all sorts of firmulations of CBD w/"minors" (CBG..CBN...etc.) ....full spectrum mixes with traces of THC....mixes with CBN only...etc.etc.etc.

https://www.gvbbiopharma.com/wholesale/

Gotta make a determination if the additional cost/ingredients will make a difference because these formulations are 3-4 times more expensive than CBD isolate alone. Cool to look at no matter which way I go. I may also look into asking my friends who grow hemp if I can get some hemp bud to squish into rosin. While the ratios would be unknown compared to these laboratory formulations where they are getting down to the gnats ass on composition...there'd be more "minors" for sure. (Our tHC packed weed doesn't have many minors on the whole)

Anyways...i've been reading a lot on the subject. Interesting stuff. Lots of knowledge that has been covered up by some who wanted to profit via chemical compounds rather than natural remedies. Albeit slowly....... the onion is being peeled.

View attachment 110604
My stepdad suffers from Degenerative disk disease in his lower back. He's got 3 or 4 fusions so far, scar tissue, arthritis and scoliosis all together. Would something like this help him of his pain? We have been on the quest for something that will relieve his pain and get him stoned. We seem to be only finding one or the other. Sometimes we mix 2 together and go that route. We tried tincitures and they're ok but he hates the alcohol. We're trying a veg glycerin one now. Its while he sleeps thats the worst. I never really considered a salve. You ship?

D

Deleted member 60

@Nobighurry ....... The isolate is all I've really given a shot.....formally anyway. Such is why Im thinking I may try a Full Spectrum mix from the company above and see how it works/if it works better with the "minors" in play. I mix bubble hash or rosin in my salve for the tHC component...and there is a slight bit of the minors in there....but nothing like "hemp". It's all psuedo-science when yer doin it on the kitchen cabinet....so the formulations from the lab would be nice because you know exactly what is in it/etc.

@m4s73r ...... that super DEEP pain may not be be affected by this salve. This works on the cannabinoid receptors on the skin surface. However, I must say...you can certainly feel it...or should I say once you put it on ...at least for me...I've been asked by my wife before "How's the back?" (I broke mine/also have DDD)....and I've had alot of occasions where I say "I completely forgot about it". I have a friend whose (89 yr old) mom is using it on her shoulder...(rotor cup) and she is swearing by it....and says she thinks it may keep her from having to undergo surgery. She turned another friend onto it.....and her mom is using it as well......then her mom's sister wanted a tin.... that's kinda how it's been going.

Gotta admit...it's weird shit. I never would have thought such a thing would offer relief...but all I'm hearing are good reports.

If your stepdad doesn't like the alcohol component in the tinctures...research "MCT" (medium chain triglycerides). It's coconut oil broken down in the lab...smaller molecular structure...supposedly is absorbed far faster....and can be used orally...or topically.....mixed with CBD/THC or not.

Pain is a motherfucker. I sympathize. I'm in a bind here because I can't get any effect from edibles. If I did..I'd be munchin that shit regularly. Your stepdad's back sounds about like my back...except I've never laid down for their surgeries. They wanted to fuse me...and zap nerves....and I've been through more epidurals than I can remember....but nobody could guarantee they could fix me....so I opted to pass on fusing/etc......and that's how I got addicted to oxy. Now I'm clean and just ride the ride...daily. Never pain free.....it's just normal shit here. I groan alot.

Always willing to help someone else in pain....so if you want a tin....shoot me a good addy and I'll blast one off. SOMEBODY will enjoy it even of it isn't the magic bullet for yer stepdad. I'm guessing he will like it....but as I say...it isn't gonna cure him er anything...it's just another tool in the tool belt.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I first made pain salve because it was nearly impossible to buy any in my parts years ago I broke my back & pelvis falling thru a roof after years of pills I became desperate for another way I kind of giggle that the pain salve I make was like "fight club" no body talks about it but within a year I had 6 people who swear by it word gets out I had folks buy cold pressed coconut oil instead of accepting money which really helps offset the costs I found less is more I made a batch with the whole kitchen sink tossed in it I was excited it was going to kick ass on pain but it didn't work as well as basic cbd/thc & mint an expensive bummer lol..
I agree with you Stickygreen it doesn't work as well on real deep pain but after 4-5 days of constant use it does give some relief..
@m4s73r I second stickygreen the mct/coconut oil tincture is much better I have been experimenting with tinctures after being turned off by the alcohol based tinctures a couple years ago IMO it is heaven sent there are a few different makers now so I could experiment with ratios and ingredients before making a big batch myself I tried 50-1, 500-1, 5-1 but 1-1 cbd to thc works best for me most say higher cbd ratios do not make them sleepy but not the case for me straight cbd tinctures do not help my pain much but do make me sleepy
Trade winds makes a pile of mct oil based tinctures and just came out with a strain specific inhaler I just picked up Bluedream you use it just like a medical inhaler makes me cough but sure is discreet to early to tell if it will help my pain but the quest continues for a fast acting solution and a long duration tincture...

D

Deleted member 60

The first salve I bought @ the dispensary was a 1-1 ratio of CBD to THC....250/250mg....along with a bevy of essential oils and an infusion of a handful of herbs. Just over 1 oz of salve... $45. I loved it. Smell...effectiveness...the way it soaked in...all good. Cost...not so good. Definitely blew me away.....but I bought it anyway to see what the gig was. Never bought it again....cus I'm like that in that I often dissect shit and improve it in my own way....at least in my own mind...LOFL.

As a result...my salve is heavy on the medicinal herb side of things....as well as on the CBD side of things. I've looked around at the offerings out there and have tried to somewhat mirror the ingredients others are using...and then some. Whether or not adding in 25 herbs and a shotgun blast of cannabinol minors boosts the effectiveness....yeah....that's the question all around...cus there's just not a whole lot of info out there that's consistent....but >historically<...many of these herbs...including cannabis... have been used to treat pain/inflammation/etc....and I'm a firm believer that most of the knowledge Man once had about such things got swept under the carpet by religion and other limiting factors in our World...namely profit.
My thought is.....it can't hurt to pack it full of stuff....and cost isn't a factor 'cus like you @Nobighurry ... I've had a few very happy folks push this along with nice donations. Overall, none of the ingredients are all that expensive. That site I linked above sell CBD isolate for 80 CENTS per gram...and the minor mix is $1.70 per gram. A 3000 mg.....2 ounce tin of CBD salve sells for about $80.....and there are A LOT of formulations that are far more expensive with far less active ingedients in them. You can make the same shit @ home for $5-10.

Thanks for the info guys. I have a few folks in my sphere who dose with tinctures....and they are starting to look into MCT as well....so I'll pass along your takes on it all.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
The first salve I bought @ the dispensary was a 1-1 ratio of CBD to THC....250/250mg....along with a bevy of essential oils and an infusion of a handful of herbs. Just over 1 oz of salve... $45. I loved it. Smell...effectiveness...the way it soaked in...all good. Cost...not so good. Definitely blew me away.....but I bought it anyway to see what the gig was. Never bought it again....cus I'm like that in that I often dissect shit and improve it in my own way....at least in my own mind...LOFL.

As a result...my salve is heavy on the medicinal herb side of things....as well as on the CBD side of things. I've looked around at the offerings out there and have tried to somewhat mirror the ingredients others are using...and then some. Whether or not adding in 25 herbs and a shotgun blast of cannabinol minors boosts the effectiveness....yeah....that's the question all around...cus there's just not a whole lot of info out there that's consistent....but >historically<...many of these herbs...including cannabis... have been used to treat pain/inflammation/etc....and I'm a firm believer that most of the knowledge Man once had about such things got swept under the carpet by religion and other limiting factors in our World...namely profit.
My thought is.....it can't hurt to pack it full of stuff....and cost isn't a factor 'cus like you @Nobighurry ... I've had a few very happy folks push this along with nice donations. Overall, none of the ingredients are all that expensive. That site I linked above sell CBD isolate for 80 CENTS per gram...and the minor mix is $1.70 per gram. A 3000 mg.....2 ounce tin of CBD salve sells for about $80.....and there are A LOT of formulations that are far more expensive with far less active ingedients in them. You can make the same shit @ home for $5-10.

Thanks for the info guys. I have a few folks in my sphere who dose with tinctures....and they are starting to look into MCT as well....so I'll pass along your takes on it all.

Have them look into the mct m8 those in the know say it's really good for the energy I have yet to make a batch so I cannot attest but it was my son who turned me onto it so I trust his knowledge base....
image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 60

Had a very informative talk with a guy from gvbbiopharma yesterday about the wide variety of "distillates" they manufacture and how such products might up the game in my salve.. Sounds like THE shit. I think I'm gonna make a purchase and see what the gig is. Sounds like seriously good stuff. I wanna support such efforts, for sure.

I also found a good site on Etsy that sells a zillion different carrier oils. After reading a good bit about molecular weights,....I bought a few different types of carrier oils to try to make things absorb better/be a bit less greasy than the coconut oil I've been using to date. It's all a grand experiment.
FWIW.....coconut oil has a molecular weight of about 960. The MCT is half of that at about 430. Some other oils fall out in the 200's. The smaller the molecules...the easier/more it absorbs into the skin and the lighter/less greasy the oil is overall. I even found a site (I can link it if anyone is interested) where they show cross section spectral analysis of how...and how penetrating each oil is into the dermis/epidermis. Interesting fuckin shit.....

I knew I shoulda taken Chemistry in high school/college. Now it's 'old fuckin dog..new fuckin' tricks kinda shit as I find i'm backtrackin' hard.

@m4s73r ..... some salve should show on your end today according to the tracking. I hope it helps yer stepdad out in some way/shape/form.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
I use MCT oil powder every morn in my coffee, just work up slowly with the MCT Oil as it can cause some stomach distress until used to it. It is a great product just start a bit slower using the oil and work up.
About how much before one starts to have some stomach issues Lakegrow? I haven't measured but I been using 2 droppers full 6 times a day I have had some stomach growling but my guts are fried from pharmaceuticals before I smartened up! I eat pepto like gum somedays

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Had a very informative talk with a guy from gvbbiopharma yesterday about the wide variety of "distillates" they manufacture and how such products might up the game in my salve.. Sounds like THE shit. I think I'm gonna make a purchase and see what the gig is. Sounds like seriously good stuff. I wanna support such efforts, for sure.

i have also been reading about distillate I been growing high cbd strains but it would be nice to see what happens with known amounts of CBD I been taking a swag using my homegrown cbd and indicas Thc I have found that indica works better than sativa for salves quite a bit better have you ever added some magnuseum to your salve? It absorbs very well so well your clients can get high I been helping old retired vets so I have avoided using it, have tried a little dmso you actually can taste the dmso right after applying we use it to cure salmon eggs for fishing but haven't really played with it much... I'd love to read up if you could post the links that be cool thank you

D

Deleted member 60

@Nobighurry .... Never tried magnesium in the salve. I'll keep that in mind. Have thought/looked into DMSO but haven't cracked that egg.

Good reading here: https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/22/9/1536/htm There are even graphs for the slow kids :ROFLMAO:

Laughed at this one. It's like she's makin' some "QWISO" goo with everclear/vodka. Makes sense though. Duh der. I shoulda known this before I watched this....just didn't make the connection from our fav herb to these herbs. "Stoner" . Now i'm wonderin if i can press medicinal flowers/herbs in the rosin press to get some herbal essence? Looked all over. Can't find anyone doing it. Could be a reason....or it could work. I may have to experiment to see WTF happens.... but this tek appears to be a good start/improvement over just letting the oil sit/absorb or fast unfusing on the stove.

Found these folks on Etsy. Pretty much any carrier oil/butter/etc. you can think of.....and a buncha other fun stuff as well...like soap bases/oils/etc.

Basics...recipes...etc. here. https://homesteadandchill.com/how-to-make-cannabis-salve/

Ordered the distillate. Should be interesting. https://www.gvbbiopharma.com/product/true-spectrum-distillate/

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Right on thanks for the links!! There is a site strictly medical it's a seed supplier in Oregon (garden & herb) they talk about pressing herbs they recently started making and selling a small press for pressing them you might ask around they are pretty responsive bro even though they are just a seller... If you make a discovery please keep me in mind I am always up for improving my salves

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
About how much before one starts to have some stomach issues Lakegrow? I haven't measured but I been using 2 droppers full 6 times a day I have had some stomach growling but my guts are fried from pharmaceuticals before I smartened up! I eat pepto like gum somedays
I don't take that much cbd / I use 600 mg cbd in mct oil and take 2ml twice a day no stomach problems.