Anyone ever try the new xb boards from HGL?

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I bought a pair of E-lites 360 kits from them. They are shaped like a bandaids kinda. Going to build another hybrid type lite for a new 4x4 flower area that i am setting up. I will post some shots when i get finished with it.
Hey Captain u bought the elites from HLG
( horticulture lighting group).
Im talking bout HGL. Spelling is very close to each other and easy to mix up.. But im talking bout HGL( hydro grow leds).
Your elites are badass little boards ive herd with the added reds in spectrum and each little board can b powerd up too 200 watts each if right cooling equipment is bought with em. My HGL fixture is 400 watts of red green and blue diodes. Search HGL xb 400 fixture and thats what i got.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hey Captain u bought the elites from HLG
( horticulture lighting group).
Im talking bout HGL. Spelling is very close to each other and easy to mix up.. But im talking bout HGL( hydro grow leds).
Your elites are badass little boards ive herd with the added reds in spectrum and each little board can b powerd up too 200 watts each if right cooling equipment is bought with em. My HGL fixture is 400 watts of red green and blue diodes. Search HGL xb 400 fixture and thats what i got.
Okay that makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up. I have said it before the grow light industries constantly changing technology would be challenge for any lighting company. Also sounds right for the pickings for selling these new lights as the parts appear to be fairly cheap and the lights selling at high prices and big profits. On the light i am putting together i have a blurple led lite that draws 370 w at the wall. The hole fixture would have the capability to go to close to 1100 watts. At least that is plan A i have in my mind now. LOL

kotobide

After sCammie tried talking big game on Rollitup and ICmag and results were tragic on a few growers that tested them she retreated to her own led forums which are pretty much abandoned atm and you need to register just to read them now. She stopped posting after her lights failed to keep up with the cheaper more efficient HLG setups on a couple grows over on rollitup.

On a positive note they sure vegged well lol

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
After sCammie tried talking big game on Rollitup and ICmag and results were tragic on a few growers that tested them she retreated to her own led forums which are pretty much abandoned atm and you need to register just to read them now. She stopped posting after her lights failed to keep up with the cheaper more efficient HLG setups on a couple grows over on rollitup.

On a positive note they sure vegged well lol
Ya i got mine when i visited icmag frequently. I think the grower skills are as important as to what lights u use for a indoor op.
I member she hated hlg with a passion. Claiming hgl was first to come up with the quantum technology b4 hlg. Then the claims that their lights wood blow any other light company was really making me question her sanity.. Lol
Thanks for adding info i appreciate it!✌

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I have a feeling that was intentional by one company......
Ya same feeling here. Especially knowing how much hate they have for HLG. I tried logging onto ledgrowforums.com (HGL'S FORUM) but need to setup a account b4 u can even check the forum out?? Ahh no thanks im happy with just chuckers paradise..
The one thing HGL did do was have a grower set the world record "auto " plant yeild using the older hgl penetrator light from HGL. It was like 2lbs or sum shit.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think the thing about HGL - could be wrong - is that it's closer to outside light? Outside plants take longer to mature. I have had plants also take longer to veg and mature - but they stayed healthy. This is from a Paradise Diesel 8-top manifold in a 5gal, 6oz dry. The light works but it was in flower 85days

1580384286042.jpeg

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I think the thing about HGL - could be wrong - is that it's closer to outside light? Outside plants take longer to mature. I have had plants also take longer to veg and mature - but they stayed healthy. This is from a Paradise Diesel 8-top manifold in a 5gal, 6oz dry. The light works but it was in flower 85days

View attachment 46012
Dam good job bro! U talkn bout this light taking longer to flower out ur fine manifolds u posted. But every deisel strain ive grown usually does take a while in flower. Ive had 10-11 week deisel strains under hps, led , & outdoors. So not sure if the HGL boards caused it to take longer to flower..?
On the seed pac from breeder what did they say was the flowering time on that purple deisel?
Those buds u got off it look dam good bro! So nice job. How long u veg it for?
Thx mr HAF for ur info

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I bought a pair of E-lites 360 kits from them. They are shaped like a bandaids kinda. Going to build another hybrid type lite for a new 4x4 flower area that i am setting up. I will post some shots when i get finished with it.
Hey Captain what up buddy? I no its more work and hastle but u said u bought 2 elite 360's from hlg? Which are badass lights btw but dam expensive if u buy em assembled plug n play..? U could of built the same setup for half the price of the assembled.. Not my money or buisness but do u not like or have time to do them your self for a diy project? Not hating on them or u but i thought the diy lights ive done was easier than expected and was a neat project to do..
The 4 qb96's in a 4x4 will rock that space! They probably are hlg's best flowering lights they make with the added reds in the spectrum. I thought of buying like 2 or 4 qb96's myself and still might but do a diy made fixture. My buddy over on grasscity grows sum monster plants using 2 of them per plant. He usually gets around a lb or more per plant. Hes had 1 plant per 4x4 that was beautiful and huge.
Im sure u will rock them too! Especially if done hydro.
Have u ever tried using a octopot setup b4? I loved em when i made my own. U get the best of both worlds using them.. Get the taste and terps from soil with the explosive growth of hydro all in 1. The root system on the plants was amazing. The top smart pot was full and the 17 gallon tote on bottom was jammed also with those spaghetti noodle looking roots too. Just a thought and suggestion. But im glad u got those elites you will be quite happy with em bro! Make sure to keep me posted on ur journal u do when u get em up and going!👍✌

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Hey Captain what up buddy? I no its more work and hastle but u said u bought 2 elite 360's from hlg? Which are badass lights btw but dam expensive if u buy em assembled plug n play..? U could of built the same setup for half the price of the assembled.. Not my money or buisness but do u not like or have time to do them your self for a diy project? Not hating on them or u but i thought the diy lights ive done was easier than expected and was a neat project to do..
The 4 qb96's in a 4x4 will rock that space! They probably are hlg's best flowering lights they make with the added reds in the spectrum. I thought of buying like 2 or 4 qb96's myself and still might but do a diy made fixture. My buddy over on grasscity grows sum monster plants using 2 of them per plant. He usually gets around a lb or more per plant. Hes had 1 plant per 4x4 that was beautiful and huge.
Im sure u will rock them too! Especially if done hydro.
Have u ever tried using a octopot setup b4? I loved em when i made my own. U get the best of both worlds using them.. Get the taste and terps from soil with the explosive growth of hydro all in 1. The root system on the plants was amazing. The top smart pot was full and the 17 gallon tote on bottom was jammed also with those spaghetti noodle looking roots too. Just a thought and suggestion. But im glad u got those elites you will be quite happy with em bro! Make sure to keep me posted on ur journal u do when u get em up and going!👍✌
I did buy the kits and put them together myself i also added a potometer on each light. Not sure if they started selling the assembled ones after i bought the kit but i remember thinking that it was not that much more for the assembled ones. I am working on putting together everything for the new 4x4 tent. I use the dust shroom on my other flower area intake which works fine but it really chaps my ass to pay a 100 dollars for that thing. The list is getting small though. This is actually my first tent grow i fell into a great deal on the tent and could not resist. It is a gorilla with the extension on it and i had 1 inch to spare on the ceiling but it worked. Sure looks to be a solid unit. While on that subject is it difficult to get those boots where you bring ducting or wiring in light tite?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dam good job bro! U talkn bout this light taking longer to flower out ur fine manifolds u posted. But every deisel strain ive grown usually does take a while in flower. Ive had 10-11 week deisel strains under hps, led , & outdoors. So not sure if the HGL boards caused it to take longer to flower..?
On the seed pac from breeder what did they say was the flowering time on that purple deisel?
Those buds u got off it look dam good bro! So nice job. How long u veg it for?
Thx mr HAF for ur info
These were testers, so the flower time was non-existent. Could be anything. 2 females, one 65 day flower, one 85. It could have been anything BUT any flowers I have had go that long under QB's usually have crispy leaves up top at the end. This had the lights 6-9" from the flowers with no burn. There is a difference, and I am guessing that it is a gentler light. Which would equate to longer flower?

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
These were testers, so the flower time was non-existent. Could be anything. 2 females, one 65 day flower, one 85. It could have been anything BUT any flowers I have had go that long under QB's usually have crispy leaves up top at the end. This had the lights 6-9" from the flowers with no burn. There is a difference, and I am guessing that it is a gentler light. Which would equate to longer flower?
Good points dude. Makes sense now. Thx

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Good points dude. Makes sense now. Thx
It also recommends up to 24/0 in veg, which as a dirt-farmer I could not bring myself to do, and 14/10 in flower. I did 13/11 just for the hell of it. Run exactly like they say might produce amazing results, but I was cautious.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
It also recommends up to 24/0 in veg, which as a dirt-farmer I could not bring myself to do, and 14/10 in flower. I did 13/11 just for the hell of it. Run exactly like they say might produce amazing results, but I was cautious.
Ive never done a 24-0 veg or 14-10 flower myself. Not saying ur info is false but i dont blame u for being cautious. What distance did u have them both veg n flower? Did u have any bleaching ?