Anyone ever try the new xb boards from HGL?

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Very expensive imo. but a light that has 440nm, 470nm, 525nm, 640nm, 660nm and 740nm in it sounds like it shud be good on paper, just curious if anyone has grown using the new xb boards and the G4 spectrum? Thx for ur infošŸ¤˜āœŒ

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Even without peripheral lighting, it is a good light. I chose that word carefully. It seems to be an expensive light to be a good light. My only grow under it produced good, healthy plants. I grew manifolds, but all the weight was on top. I think "penetrator" was an odd choice for names.

I think this would be great for scrogs, since you have a consistently flat canopy. Mfg. recommendations on distance from the canopy are 6"-9" in veg - so it is definitely more suited to that type of grow.

The full spectrum aspect would probably also be great for starting clones.

Hope that helps.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Even without peripheral lighting, it is a good light. I chose that word carefully. It seems to be an expensive light to be a good light. My only grow under it produced good, healthy plants. I grew manifolds, but all the weight was on top. I think "penetrator" was an odd choice for names.

I think this would be great for scrogs, since you have a consistently flat canopy. Mfg. recommendations on distance from the canopy are 6"-9" in veg - so it is definitely more suited to that type of grow.

The full spectrum aspect would probably also be great for starting clones.

Hope that helps.
Thanks HAF for ur info.. I was gifted a xb400 from hgl when they first came out. They felt sorry 4 me cause at that time was right after my door got kicked in by the donut crew. I lost everything i had. Hgl said i was the first on to get a new xb400.
They felt sorry for me and said they knew how it was to lose everything so they gifted me it and said when i get back up n growing to do a journal showcasing their light. I still plan on doing that for them but am not in spot where i can grow yetšŸ˜  so the xb400 has just been in box the whole time ive owned it..
I got the ones without lens too.
Also i member getting it that day . i walked out to sign for it and there was a huge box that said hydroponic led light inside all over the box.. Wasnt happy to see that on box .. Lol.
But thanks dude for sharing ur info on it.. Do u have any pics of plants grown under it? If not its kool just wondering.. āœŒ

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Correction!

6"-9" in flower. Fucking stoner šŸ˜Ž

There is also the time factor. Manufacturer also recommends up to 24hrs of light in veg, and 14/10 in flower.

Based on my grow, I can see how that might effect density - I just couldn't go there. I did 13/11 in flower just because.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Correction!

6"-9" in flower. Fucking stoner šŸ˜Ž

There is also the time factor. Manufacturer also recommends up to 24hrs of light in veg, and 14/10 in flower.

Based on my grow, I can see how that might effect density - I just couldn't go there. I did 13/11 in flower just because.
Thanks again bro! Its ok i get those stoner moments myself.. Dam they wanting to flower under 14/10? I dont blame u for doing the 13/11. Ive never flowerd under that much light. Usually start 12-12 then at bout half way threw flower i switch to a 11-13 or 10-14.
6-9 inches in flower seems bout right for these boards. When i had my qb132s i had them bout the same height. Some tops was closer but didnt get a 1 bud scorched or bleached. Thats why i love that 9lb hammer.. Can take anything u throw at it and still produces fire ass grapey goodness colas.. It checks all the boxes imo. Shame is i only got like 6-7 beans left from it.. Lol. It also wood grow buds on fan leafs. Another trait ive seen with it is producing up to 17 fingers per leaf and had rows of fingers stacked on each other. Plus a neat violet colored stems.

But thanks dude once again for ur tips and info.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
XB vs QB, I think that QB is easiest for a beginner. Everything will match what whey have read in grow bibles and whatnot. Doesn't mean that this light isn't "new and improved" and we just haven't accepted it yet. "I wonder if this LED craze will catch on..."

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
This isnā€™t the Scammie light is it?
Yes it is. But ive herd alot of bad things online bout her but i xan only go by how i was treated by them.. They treated me like gold without spending a penny with them. The value of a xb400 and to have it shipped to me was free of all charges to me.
They said theyd help me out cause they new my door was just kicked in and i lost everything.. So regardless of what they might of done to others in past , i was treated like gold everytime i had a question and by them just sending me a light they sell for 850 bucks for free is all i can go bye brother.. Do i think that light is worth 850 bucks, hell no. But i cant deny how good i was treated.

Did u have a bad experience with them or know sumbody that did?
And what did u hear bout them?
Thx dude

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Nevermind dude if ur gonna be a fuckn wise ass. I no i got a brand new fixture from them for 0$ dollars... I dont search internet all day searching threw everyones butt hurt complaints about people.. I got enough bullshit to worry bout bro.. I asked if anyone has had experience growing under their boards was all, and if uve had bad experiences with em??
So b4 u start in trash talking just no i have no clue if they fuckd u over or what and why your saying omg bout from my response? If u want pics proving i got a light from them i can do so? Just dont get why your rude comment is directed my way cause of my questions to u. ?

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Nevermind dude if ur gonna be a fuckn wise ass. I no i got a brand new fixture from them for 0$ dollars... I dont search internet all day searching threw everyones butt hurt complaints about people.. I got enough bullshit to worry bout bro.. I asked if anyone has had experience growing under their boards was all, and if uve had bad experiences with em??
So b4 u start in trash talking just no i have no clue if they fuckd u over or what and why your saying omg bout from my response? If u want pics proving i got a light from them i can do so? Just dont get why your rude comment is directed my way cause of my questions to u. ?
I guess i am out of the loop because i don't get it either. lol I ordered a couple of lights from them not long ago and i had zero issues. I do remember hearing some grumbling a good while ago about the company.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I'm sure he was just joking around

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I guess i am out of the loop because i don't get it either. lol I ordered a couple of lights from them not long ago and i had zero issues. I do remember hearing some grumbling a good while ago about the company.
Ya i dont no wtf i did to the guy or if hes just having a bad day. Im usually calm and dont disrespect others that treat me with same respect.. But anyways, lol
What lights u buy off of them? When i first got mine i used it for 2 12 hour cycles just on my stalled aloe plants that wasnt growing for like a month. After 2 cycles using the xb400 on em they had 4 or 5 new shoots poking out of soil. Soil i thought dam they must not be too bad..? I then boxed it back up and has been in storage until i get a spot i can setup again..
I think they will perform well for what they are. I like the targeting of the spectrums used in em. The got both ends of spectrum and the greens. I no 2 days using them woke up my aloes.
Also im excited to get my med card here in couple weeks. Can grow up to 5 at a time once i pay 400 bucks and convince my parent's to let me setup shop at their place.. Lol. I member as a teenager when i first started growing my mom wood bitch a couple times bout the skunk smell but allways let me do a plant or 2 there. Dad wood just ask when it wood b dry so he could sample on it.. Lol.
But thx CaptaināœŒ

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
Ya i dont no wtf i did to the guy or if hes just having a bad day. Im usually calm and dont disrespect others that treat me with same respect.. But anyways, lol
What lights u buy off of them? When i first got mine i used it for 2 12 hour cycles just on my stalled aloe plants that wasnt growing for like a month. After 2 cycles using the xb400 on em they had 4 or 5 new shoots poking out of soil. Soil i thought dam they must not be too bad..? I then boxed it back up and has been in storage until i get a spot i can setup again..
I think they will perform well for what they are. I like the targeting of the spectrums used in em. The got both ends of spectrum and the greens. I no 2 days using them woke up my aloes.
Also im excited to get my med card here in couple weeks. Can grow up to 5 at a time once i pay 400 bucks and convince my parent's to let me setup shop at their place.. Lol. I member as a teenager when i first started growing my mom wood bitch a couple times bout the skunk smell but allways let me do a plant or 2 there. Dad wood just ask when it wood b dry so he could sample on it.. Lol.
But thx CaptaināœŒ
I bought a pair of E-lites 360 kits from them. They are shaped like a bandaids kinda. Going to build another hybrid type lite for a new 4x4 flower area that i am setting up. I will post some shots when i get finished with it.