Any Interest 4 a Monthly seed Raffle?

So it turns out servers and domain rentals cost a bit of money. What do you guys think of having a monthly seed raffle where 5$ will get you 5 squares on 100 spot board(like High kevs Super Duper Bowl contest) and if your square hits you win a pack of seeds(your choice but 40$ or < ) from Greenpoint or County Line Genetics and the rest we give to Heisenbeans as a thank you for running this bad ass website. Would 20+ chuckers be interested in something like this? If you are please reply to this thread so I know if this is a good idea or not.

Cheers, Z.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
So it turns out servers and domain rentals cost a bit of money. What do you guys think of having a monthly seed raffle where 5$ will get you 5 squares on 100 spot board(like High kevs Super Duper Bowl contest) and if your square hits you win a pack of seeds(your choice but 40$ or < ) from Greenpoint or County Line Genetics and the rest we give to Heisenbeans as a thank you for running this bad ass website. Would 20+ chuckers be interested in something like this? If you are please reply to this thread so I know if this is a good idea or not.

Cheers, Z.
I am up for helping out I'd hate to see this site go down I been worried discord might replace it I am not wired for discord heck I have not even successfully got my name in for one of the giveaways I am so slow lol count me in Z...

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

Cheers, Z.
This is a great idea but I think doing spots makes it more difficult than it needs to be. Whoever runs it could just manage it so when a person buys a ticket they are assigned a number and sent that via PM. Then use something like pickerwheel.com to randomly select the winner, and post a screenshot with the winning number like this.
Screenshot 2022-03-16 092642.jpg

This is a great idea but I think doing spots makes it more difficult than it needs to be. Whoever runs it could just manage it so when a person buys a ticket they are assigned a number and sent that via PM. Then use something like pickerwheel.com to randomly select the winner, and post a screenshot with the winning number like this.
View attachment 111198
I certainly like that idea as it would certainly make things easy to run, but I also don't want people to think it was rigged by whoever spins the wheel hand picking the winner. I was thinking once the squares are all purchased let one of us go to random.org and generate the 1-10 numbers for the board and once that has been posted the next evenings we use the first 2 numbers(the first number for the down column the 2nd for the horizontal row on our board) of the Colorado(or insert State Here) lottery pick 3 winning number and whoever that turns out to be on our board wins that months raffle. I would hope that would make everybody who plays feel like they had the same legit chance at winning.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I certainly like that idea as it would certainly make things easy to run, but I also don't want people to think it was rigged by whoever spins the wheel hand picking the winner. I was thinking once the squares are all purchased let one of us go to random.org and generate the 1-10 numbers for the board and once that has been posted the next evenings we use the first 2 numbers of the Colorado(or insert State Here) lottery pick 3 winning number and whoever that turns out to be on our board wins that months raffle. I would hope that would make everybody who plays feel like they had the same legit chance at winning.
Yeah, it's difficult to make sure everyone feels like it isn't rigged.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
I am up for helping out I'd hate to see this site go down I been worried discord might replace it I am not wired for discord heck I have not even successfully got my name in for one of the giveaways I am so slow lol count me in Z...
I’m trying the discord thing. I gotta be honest I’m not really diggin it. 🤷‍♂️ maybe it’s just not my style. I appreciate what it’s purpose is but im not much of a social media guy. You Tube and here is where I belong. With that being said I can dig a raffle of sorts. Can’t say I can commit to it every month. Sometimes shit gets tight with birthdays holidays n such. But I’m down.

I’m trying the discord thing. I gotta be honest I’m not really diggin it. 🤷‍♂️ maybe it’s just not my style. I appreciate what it’s purpose is but im not much of a social media guy. You Tube and here is where I belong. With that being said I can dig a raffle of sorts. Can’t say I can commit to it every month. Sometimes shit gets tight with birthdays holidays n such. But I’m down.
Right on G, only play whenever it's a good time for you as I totally feel you on things being tight on certain months. Prices just keep going up on pretty much everything.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
It can be overwhelming if you try to read everything posted in every channel. I just look at what is really new and don't worry about going back to read everything that is new to each channel.

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
It can be overwhelming if you try to read everything posted in every channel. I just look at what is really new and don't worry about going back to read everything that is new to each channel.
Maybe that’s what it is. I do feel overwhelmed on top of it being a different format than I’m used to. It’s like trying to use an android from 2012 after only using iOS 😆

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
I certainly like that idea as it would certainly make things easy to run, but I also don't want people to think it was rigged by whoever spins the wheel hand picking the winner. I was thinking once the squares are all purchased let one of us go to random.org and generate the 1-10 numbers for the board and once that has been posted the next evenings we use the first 2 numbers(the first number for the down column the 2nd for the horizontal row on our board) of the Colorado(or insert State Here) lottery pick 3 winning number and whoever that turns out to be on our board wins that months raffle. I would hope that would make everybody who plays feel like they had the same legit chance at winning.
You could also look into using Rallyup the way I understand it’s free to use all the features and u can choose to donate to the rallyup site or choose to not have it listed as an option to donate to rallyup at all. And to eliminate the stress of people having to make payments to pay pal etc you pay through the sight I think it’s like a 2-3 dollar fee for payment processing. It’s just an idea. Maybe worth it to check it out.

Last edited:
You could also look into using Rallyup the way I understand it’s free to use all the features and u can choose to donate to the rallyup site or choose to not have it listed as an option to donate to rallyup at all. And to eliminate the stress of people having to make payments to pay pal etc you pay through the sight I think it’s like a 2-3 dollar fee for payment processing. It’s just an idea. Maybe worth it to check it out.
Great info G & I just got done browsing Rallyup website and it looks legit. If we do get enough interest from all our chucker brethren I will create a poll on how they would prefer to buy their $5 ticket to enter as that is a very important/crucial part everybody feel totally comfortable with. I am kinda hoping we could get JJ or GU to put up 5$ tickets on their websites so they would get the traffic and we all pretty much have used both of them in the past and feel safe using them. (y)

Im in. My first batch of seeds will be ready soon. For instant gratification i would put up some Blueberry autos i have for a square.

View attachment 111204
The raffle would be for a brand new pack of seeds that the winner could choose off either the County Line Genetics or Greenpointseeds websites pinner420. BUT :ROFLMAO: I am certain if any fellow chuckers would like to donate a pack of their own creations for a particular month to sweeten the potential winners prize there would be no objections. Hell that sounds pretty awesome actually (y)

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
The raffle would be for a brand new pack of seeds that the winner could choose off either the County Line Genetics or Greenpointseeds websites pinner420. BUT :ROFLMAO: I am certain if any fellow chuckers would like to donate a pack of their own creations for a particular month to sweeten the potential winners prize there would be no objections. Hell that sounds pretty awesome actually (y)
I can donate a pack