A Cabinet, a Closet, and a Table walk into a bar…

Dis39

Really Active Member
Day 52. Anvil fems. Im planning on pollinating a couple lowers on each of these girls with Anvil02 pollen. Anvil03 continues to grab my eye everytime despite the tip curl. Anvil05 is definitely the heavier feeder.

PXL_20210223_055255936.jpg

PXL_20210223_055738914.jpg

PXL_20210223_055630366.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
PXL_20210219_224751160.jpg
Mixed some soil for my girls non canna 2' x 2' - same mix and volume I use (Coot's), except I mix and store my soil in 20gal Brute totes (UV stabilized "food safe plastic", and I can stack 3 high loaded with soil without deformation, also available in an assortment of colors - I use white because it makes it easy to track the mixes and dates using a whiteboard marker), this is going to cook in her tent. In this pic its also without the 20qts of peat, it went in after this shot was taken. For those that dont know, here's what you are looking at.

15qts Bu's Compost
5qts BAS Worm Castings
20qts Sunshine Peat Moss
20qts Pumice (for my latest soil mixes Ive been doing 10qts 3/8" pumice and 10qts 3/8" red lava rock, havent grown in it yet though)
2cups Neptune's Harvest Crustacean Meal
2cups DTE Kelp Meal
1cup Ahisma Karanja Meal
1cup Ahisma Neem Meal
2cups Cascade Minerals Basalt
2cups Ag Gypsum
2cups DTE Oysteral Shell Flour (Pacific Pearl)
2cups Gaia Green Glacial Rock Dust

Dis39

Really Active Member
Picked up the Ladbrooke 2" soil blocker to help not have to buy, wash, and contribute to the abundance of plastics on this planet.
PXL_20210223_225241709.jpg

My mix isnt dialed, needed a little more moisture, might add a touch of vermiculite. Trying it out on these brussel sprouts, cabbage, bok choy, and some cold hardy early season tomatoes.
PXL_20210223_225319953.jpg

Nothing to report here.
PXL_20210223_225350420.jpg

Started some tomatoes. Laat year we did 48 varieties of tomatoes alone, a lot of orange tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, this year we are trying to dial in our production and preservation, so less variety overall, and staggered plantings. This is the first cycle of tomatoes. The Chocolate Cherry was my winner cherry tomato last year, the Sweetie was hers. We have a bunch of Wild Boar Farms, but honestly its been more difficult to get a sizeable crop from them in years past. Brad's Atomic Grape has always been producer, but we grew the Chocolate Cherry last year and while not as acidic, the tomato flavor was much more robust. We've been at this a few years now, so we have our favorites. But alas, I digress... More to come later.
PXL_20210223_230912297.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Dusted the lowers of Anvil07 and Anvil03 with pollen from Anvil02. Not anything picture worthy, just posting for record keeping.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Any idea what's causing the leaf tip curl. I have a couple this round doing the same thing. I was think mine is due to heat.
I would think tempertature, but heat doesn't usually look like that. They curl up from what I've seen. Maybe big temp changes between lights on and off?

Streetpro09

Tester
I would think tempertature, but heat doesn't usually look like that. They curl up from what I've seen. Maybe big temp changes between lights on and off?
Not sure what the difference is between temp and heat. Well technically I do but not with the way you used them.

The tops of my pants are the only ones curling. The rest of the plants leaves look normal. Kinda how Dis plants are looking.

Dis39

Really Active Member
Any idea what's causing the leaf tip curl. I have a couple this round doing the same thing. I was think mine is due to heat.
I assumed it was sensitivity to feed, as only 2 of the 3 Anvils, and none of the other 5 seem to be affected. Canna-Cheese01 had tips hooking down early on, but anything newer is fine. @H.A.F. has me wondering about the swings, I can get 20 degree swings.

Anvil05 is taller and doesnt have the same issue. Shes also lighter and looks a little hungry when compared to the others.

Streetpro09

Tester
I assumed it was sensitivity to feed, as only 2 of the 3 Anvils, and none of the other 5 seem to be affected. Canna-Cheese01 had tips hooking down early on, but anything newer is fine. @H.A.F. has me wondering about the swings, I can get 20 degree swings.

Anvil05 is taller and doesnt have the same issue. Shes also lighter and looks a little hungry when compared to the others.
I was kinda thinking mine was due to too much nitrogen but I haven't changed my mix and these are the first plants to show the symptom. I don't get large temp swings but then again maybe the tops of my plants do. The tops are right at the ceiling of the room so I guess they could be getting hotter than I think. 🤔

Dis39

Really Active Member
I was just sitting on the deck enjoying a bowl and decided to cull Anvil06. Weak stem rub, she just isnt pretty... A year ago I would have never killed a healthy plant, this year Ive gladly killed 5 or 6. Its nice to have deep coffers of seeds to run.

Its nothing personal...
PXL_20210224_214133943.jpg

You just dont do it for me...
PXL_20210224_214802041.jpg

Not compared to...
PXL_20210224_214146200.jpg
PXL_20210224_214224782.jpg
PXL_20210224_214345598.jpg

Seeded JEM breeder fems.
PXL_20210224_214255517.jpg
PXL_20210224_214314493.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Not sure what the difference is between temp and heat. Well technically I do but not with the way you used them.

The tops of my pants are the only ones curling. The rest of the plants leaves look normal. Kinda how Dis plants are looking.
Well, it could be cooler temps, or large temperature swings, without actually being a heat problem. Coud even be a light problem since it's just the upper stuff, and maybe the cooler dark temps make it look different from regular light damage?

They appear to be curling away from the light, but there is probably a specific nute problem causing the claw. Nitrogen toxicity is one that does it. Over-nuted. I know you have the living soil thing going on so I assumed it wasn't nutes, but you might have hot soil?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For clarification, I don't like to try and diagnose deficiencies. Especially someone elses. If anyone is gonna kill your plants, it ain't gonna be ME! 🤣

My plants if something odd shows up on one plant I see it as an anomoly and play with that plant to try and learn something. If it's a whole tent, then I worry. If it's a particular strain and not others then its someting else to check into for future runs.

To be honest some plants are just little bitches!

Dis39

Really Active Member
My auto burper. Hooked up to a wifi timer that lets me program as little as 1 minute a day. Going to start putting a wet sponge or something in there to see how often I need to run it, before I have actual product in it.

PXL_20210225_021929875.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Roc Bud Fringe v1 & Auto Mix, Useful BoO, and Eso OBSM first to show. Still waiting on the County Line PJP and the Twenty20 autos.
PXL_20210225_174106298.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
This is my girl's soil for her 2' x 2' x 5' Secret Jardin tent. Its her first indoor grow, she's gonna do dwarf sunflowers, plantain, lettuce, who knows. It's looking wild. Been sitting in the humid dark cold for a few days.
PXL_20210226_035534155.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
We have so many seeds, we dont buy many packs each year, usually just replacing stuff we run out of, or trying something in a category where we havent found a real stand out yet. This year we placed this Baker Creek order, our bare root strawberries are coming from Territorial, and we might round it out with a small Seed Savers order. A few live plants that are seasonal are also on the short list.
PXL_20210226_050249614.jpg

We have tried a few varieties of sweet corn, as well as Glass Gem for popping. Havent found a winner yet. Gonna try to do staggered plantings to get multiple varieties without cross pollination. This year we want to produce enough corn meal to handle all our tortilla, polenta, and cornbread needs next year. Last year I grew a few traditional peppers, as well as the Sugar Rush Peach, Biquinho Aji Chaparita and Buena Mulata. This year Im going to give these a shot.
PXL_20210226_050154688.jpg

Oh yea, forgot about these. We have done medicinal herbs for as long as we've gardened which is 4 years now I think, but lately the wife has been really wanting to go deep with her witchy herb healing stuff, wants to take some herbology courses and such, plantain is something that caught her eye to start really exploring, so here it is. The story with the Green Twister is this... Over the past 2 years Ive gone through 12 of my 15 original seeds and I cant get this thing to go.... Ordered a fresh pack, gonna try again. In the past I didnt treat them like anything special, they are gonna get the canna program this go around.
PXL_20210226_051245979.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Mail call. JJ originally shiped me the KNF / Zee pack on Feb 11th, it got halfway here, then sat there for 2 weeks... So JJ sent me out the Gorilla Zee on the 24th, as its absence was delaying my next cycle... Well today both packages arrived just as @Punisher84 "predicted" GZ is going in the drink immediately, followed by Starfighter Zee in a few weeks.
PXL_20210227_225035385.jpg