5 + HB S1 strains phenol hunt for Mothers

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Ok we dropped cracked HB S-1
Only seeds on 14 Nov 2019. It is now
3 Dec 2019 almost 20 -21 days from seed to 2nd node seedlings. So here are pictures of how we are progressing.

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Today this morning 4am was the first time the light and fan blowing turned on in auto. It’s 3weeks old seedlings 🌱 and 18/6 times are going forward
On time 4am /off time 10:pm daily.
Got the seedling , clones and mothers room all disinfected clean will set up 320w qb lighting and ac fans as required. Feed watering nutes every other day as the blocks dry out and become lighter. I also rotate seedlings blocks which have heavier water retention to first row to be engaged by the fan to prevent over watering.
Added a weather station to the grow. Here is a pic you can see the new
Topanga canyon S-1 seedling has not pop up yet
But it will 😊🌺

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Caught the Topanga canyon S-1 seedling breaking out & trying to flip up and out of the grodan. It’s an awesome time to see life force exploding forth. Here are some pics

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Ok it’s time for feedback.
1. You can plant 1 Heisen bean and get a seedling that thrives to grow.
2. If you have any BBC seeds your gonna need H2o2 added to your soaking water to crack those.
3. Dyna-gro nutes make good sense
self educate find out why.
4. be protective of your seedlings watering /feed during 1st and 2nd node growth cycle. Seedling roots need more air than water
5. Truth straight up these HB seedling are Even more stank by 2nd node breakout.
6 . 4” grodan Cubes either leave as is or you up plant to a 1 or 3 gallon square containers I,m soilless..
7. Keep a environment meter on your
Seedling grodan tops. It’s makes or breaks you.
8. Have to make a decision keep the Mother’s grow clones or clone the mother w/backups and veg /flower out the original mom.

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
the light mover showed up today
I purchased an extra meter of rail since I need just a little under the 10’ span.
The bucket foot print is 32” canopy is gonna ballon outward but I got that 🤨
I’ll hang the mover first then add the chains for the winged supports y’all see soon now remember this is for the clones from the moms😉
Remember the S1 are on the tight side in the photo

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Alright I'm done bouncing between extreme watering of these grodan cubes.
I finally have a solid and hammered down watering schedule for these HB seedlings
1. Grodan holds too much water for seedling that have successfully rooted in the 2" cubes do not over saturate the block once seedling is rooted. Allow 3-5 days between applying watering by hand only with a small shot glass as the watering container. 1 shot glass applied to root zone by hand for 2-3 weeks. 4th week increased size of nodal and canopy of seedling requires 2 shot glasses of watering
But by then your uppoted to 4" cube. Do not over water or under water your cubes!
Don,t Do IT!!! Seedlings will take however long they want... it's about what they want not what we think..........they want.

2. Should you over water your grodan cube immediately take actions. To remove the excessive water. I did this by up potting the 2" cubes to the 4" cubes but I did not soak the 4" grodan cubes I just got them semi wet air was still coming out. Set aside allow to drain then up potted 2" wet saturated cubes into the 4" cubes.

3. Immediate rescue of over soaked seedling in grodan cube!!! There was a post on thcfarmer that another grower found that if your cube gets saturated immediately place the soaked cube on top of a dry cube. He states in like 30 minutes the wicking and gravity removes all truly excessive water from the over water cube.

4. Keep light intensity within a reason in regards to heat exposure in your environment. That humidity and temp ratios should stay at least
65-73oF really not less than 50% humidity during the 3 & 4 weeks of seedling.
You can expect seedling stem thickening in transition of week 4.

5. HB seedling are fighters out the gate! I have both fortuna outdoor cbd strains
They are hardy outdoor growers and they are dwarfed as seedlings to HB genetics.
My seedlings have suffered from my trying to start in grodan instead of soil. They suffered from over watering the retention of moisture in grodan for baby seedlings is a instant stop growth for the plants for days if not week. But now with this info above you and I will never get back into that senario with seedlings. We have knowledge and proven rescue techniques and preventive watering measures for seedlings.

6. In seedling stage you should have nothing but distilled water truly. Walmart like .87 a gallon. Hand water only 1gallon at a time . You can obsess over setting up a
Black 4gallon bucket recirculating pump and airstone for your watering would not add any nutrients until 3rd week. Note... dyna gro uses nutrients to adjust ph of water. They have a transition feeding for seedling and clones. This seems more mindful and focused of seedling or clone root development. Just a thought .

7. By 4 th week it's light & CO2 bag time. Once you add this into your environment
Your gonna need a filter the girls do express themselves. Remember a slower airflow throughout the filter provides longer contact time to allow the charcoal to capture more odor particulates. Size filter for room /tent then speed control down the blower or size down 1 size for the blower but stay with the larger filter.
When girls are happy leaves transpires with seedlings. Roots need air less water more air. Hope this helps and enjoy your seedlings !

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
My grodan seedlings with HB genetics
And the genetics endured like champions ! All are still accounted for
And it seems the S1 took more of a beating. 14Nov - 27 Dec
My over watering , in the small 2” grodan cubes then in the 4” up planted cubes my ppm over feeding with the dyna-gro home kit due to having to use the nutrients as a ph up or down
Had my ppm as high as 2700 for 1gallon of h20 proper ph 5.8
I had to cut 1/2 gLlon of distilled water
Ph settled 6.2 it must be this way until I contacted dyna gro to order their ph up /ph down which is not a part of the home starter kit. I ,m now on a once weekly water feed unless one plant itself is Dryed out which happened to my Gmo kush it was doing super before I found the cube dry while drying out the others. So keep a hands on each grodan cube during over the weekly water feeding. SEEDLING Roots require more AIR than WaTER!!
Here is a picture of the girls as of yesterday before i deleafed and destined the damaged foliage. The resilience of these plants are awesome ever large foliage which was damaged had new foliage breaking out under /above st each nodal point. I will post trimmed up pics tonight after work. But here are the before pics . I run sterile so can’t have collapsed canopy on the grodan.

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I am showing the good the bad and the ugly so when it happens to you in your grow you will know or even before you grow just how great these genetics thrive ! I still expect great moms it’s just takes much longer due to the root development and canopy must balance out ! Think triangle all 3 angle or bases should be quite the same 😊🌺🙏🏻

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I do have a concern of the inflexible
Tolerance grodan presents when over watered. Being a hydro focused grower my liking lower water temps did not fair well for the seedlings so I will be holding my room environment to a smaller range of temp differential. No space heater for the water that’s a sure way to grow bad biology 🤪

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I’m glad Heisen said something. Like, your plants are are on their last legs and I think they’ll be lucky to survive. How old are these now?

Edit: it looks like they are 40+ days old?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Just for comparison, the plants below were dry seeds on December 11th. Except the smallest one- that one broke ground around the 21st.

1E4FCED5-B410-45A2-B0C0-A2A5E359710C.jpeg

I don’t mean to be disrespectful. I’d hate to see your plants not make it because there for sure there is some fire in there.

What are you pH’ing your water/feed to?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I read through your thread. I think your pH for hydro is OK at 5.8ish. Maybe one of the more experienced hydro guys @Heisenbeans , @HydroRed can chime in.

Your temp and humidity look OK based into the VPD chart I use.

What are you Grodans sitting on? If they are on a cold surface (like a basement floor), I would get them up and off of it so that the blocks, and therefore the roots, can maintain a higher temperature. I’m pretty sure cannabis doesn’t like to have cold roots.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I read through your thread. I think your pH for hydro is OK at 5.8ish. Maybe one of the more experienced hydro guys @Heisenbeans , @HydroRed can chime in.

Your temp and humidity look OK based into the VPD chart I use.

What are you Grodans sitting on? If they are on a cold surface (like a basement floor), I would get them up and off of it so that the blocks, and therefore the roots, can maintain a higher temperature. I’m pretty sure cannabis doesn’t like to have cold roots.
As long as th roots are above 65 they are fine. His issue is the grodans have prob been handled to much and have lost there ability to hold air. Plants are drowning in water. Not enough air to the roots.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
As long as th roots are above 65 they are fine. His issue is the grodans have prob been handled to much and have lost there ability to hold air. Plants are drowning in water. Not enough air to the roots.
Thanks H. Is there any way to fix the cubes if they’ve been over handled?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Some of them look under nourished as well. I’m no hydro guy, but since there is NOTHING in the rockwool for the plants to use as food, you need to feed every time you “water” when growing hydroponically, correct?

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Just for comparison, the plants below were dry seeds on December 11th. Except the smallest one- that one broke ground around the 21st.

View attachment 38736

I don’t mean to be disrespectful. I’d hate to see your plants not make it because there for sure there is some fire in there.

What are you pH’ing your water/feed to?
No disrespect at all I look forward to your valuable experiences. 😊🌺👍
Ph has always remained 5.7- 6.2 .
My plants looked just-about like yours until After I over watered the 2”cubes seedling trying to auto feed Using a
Seedling tray converted to drain and flood. Which worked great now.
However the root growth even though
Busting out of the cubes under the panda paper the roots got too wet from grodan soggyness
Then had to put them into 4inch cube and went to a weekly feed watering.
Unfortunately my water was a lot at 59-64 ambient . The plants canopy dropped then recovered then we battled with finding some 4” cubes dry
Back to watering those only.
My next big setback was realized using the home kit version of dyna grow you adjust your ph with the nutrients. Having to ph down is where I found ppm as high as 1980 2170ppm
With a ph of 5.8-6.2. The girls have been true soldiers of misfortune. The seedlings all suffered due to making choices of change I was determined to achieve. I got plants & trees in pots for years. But hydro requires grodan. my grodan bitchslap lessons are hard learned and done, completed. Done with that. Integrity of a grower requires transparency & i wanted to share a realistic journey from seed to grow room good bad & ugly. 😊🌺.

I installed a 3 x 6 & a 3x3 growtray for floraflex matrix 2.5 rings going to use grow medium of roots organic 707 & biolive . Gwheels now has me hesitated about opening those 2 big freakin bags because I am clean. No bugs no mold and only genetics in the grow are HB seedlings and 1 Fortuna CBD seedling. So here is the line up.
Grow these mother plants so can I take good clones I can take the extra time to observe some recovery on the ones that wanna make it. I have over 13 new crosses to drop seeds on Heisen’s last of the 2019 great purple drop!
As well there is a 4 or 5 Adub strains seed drop I wanted to do since I got almost easy 7’ from pot to light empty trays being the 3x6 and3x3.
By all means thank you each and every one for taking your valuable time and giving your help. 😊🌺👍

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Y
Some of them look under nourished as well. I’m no hydro guy, but since there is NOTHING in the rockwool for the plants to use as food, you need to feed every time you “water” when growing hydroponically, correct?
yes you are very correct I caught that from HB YouTube video he stated that it fucked the plants ups so these strains are are HB hardy already I just try to replicate his hydro grow presented in the video instead of making up something of my own which is unproven and without results.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Thanks H. Is there any way to fix the cubes if they’ve been over handled?
Thanks Hb that explains even with normal or light feed watering the canopy droop instead of springing up.
Having to squeeze the grodan into the
Holding tray squares I did not like that one bit 🤬 just after popping seeds I dropped the seeding into the grodan
The cubes would not fit into the tray holding squares without force. Down hill from there . Lots of handling done by me as well all documented in the journal.