315w cmh

Opie1

Master Grower
If your pretty good at wiring it up(hardwiring) I have a bunch of the Philip's Advance IntelliVolt 215w/315w ballast. Input voltage is 200v-277v so no regular 110/115v outlet will work but if you have 220v no problem. Also I dont know if these will strike the bulb on a normal 8' or 15' lamp cord as it says maximum strike distance is 3', I guess that's why the SunSystems LEC fixtures have these ballast mounted internally. FWIW I did get a Philip's 400 electronic ballast that also said maximum strike distance was 3' to strike on a 15' lampcord, so may work remotely. Your welcome to one for shipping cost if you wanna try it.
@Boybelue
Where can I find more info on this strike distance? I’m having trouble with a new 315w Sunburst firing up, but lights up fine when I took it home and tried it in the house.

Boybelue

Insane Grower
I was wrong about the Philip's advance its 6' or 2 meters. It's in the small print on the label on the ballast itself. I can get a pic if you need to see the label or if it's the same ballast I have.

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist
Staff member
I have been using my 315 CMH as a veg light in a 3 x 5ish room. It is a rockstar. I will probably switch it out with my 240 watt board to shave off some electrical.

The 315 fits a place in my bloom room PERFECTLY. Now I have a few non stretchy strains that can fit under it thanks to Eso and HydroRed.

A 315 CMH is perfect in a 3 x 3..and for the money its pretty hard to beat.

For me cause it’s very cold in the winter If I had to pick one it would prob be cmh,
Agreed.

I've used several different wattage HPS and led lites over the years and went mostly with 315 cmh a couple years back. I tend not to monocrop and have uneven canopies , even when I LST or tie 'em down. Some plants just want to stretch more etc.

The upside of using 3, 315 cmh lights versus a 1000 hps is more points of light, versus a single point of light. Also fewer hot spots, more even temperatures on the canopy. I was able to buy the adapters and retrofit some old 1000 watt hoods for use with the 315 cmh. Downside has been the 315's don't seem to have the light penetration the 1000 watts and bulb and light cost will be higher, at least initially.

Been playing with a couple adjustable watt Gavitas a friend loaned me. I like them, but made the mistake of putting them a little too close to the canopy. I can get away with being closer with a 315, not so much with the Gavitas.

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
Site Supporter
Agreed.

I've used several different wattage HPS and led lites over the years and went mostly with 315 cmh a couple years back. I tend not to monocrop and have uneven canopies , even when I LST or tie 'em down. Some plants just want to stretch more etc.

The upside of using 3, 315 cmh lights versus a 1000 hps is more points of light, versus a single point of light. Also fewer hot spots, more even temperatures on the canopy. I was able to buy the adapters and retrofit some old 1000 watt hoods for use with the 315 cmh. Downside has been the 315's don't seem to have the light penetration the 1000 watts and bulb and light cost will be higher, at least initially.

Been playing with a couple adjustable watt Gavitas a friend loaned me. I like them, but made the mistake of putting them a little too close to the canopy. I can get away with being closer with a 315, not so much with the Gavitas.
Agree 100. Imo gavitas are very similar just stronger