2021 Mystery Pack Competition

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
MMmmmmm.... There is nothing like getting a nice black banana WHIFF off a fresh baked loaf of Banana Bread. Great... I guess my loosing 15 lbs resolution is already off the table. I just farted a little bit in your general direction tfc.

View attachment 104317View attachment 104316
Yeah, I love fresh out of the oven banana bread. The amount of brownies, cookies, and chocolate in my house right now is ridiculous so I’ll probably pack in some weight this week.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I've been told the last ones I wanted to keep are females so I've moved the 4 keepers into their 10 gallon pots. Each root ball was loosened up and dusted with mykos before going into the 10 gallon pots and then I watered each one well with some recharge. This is the first time I've been measuring ppfd so I made sure the lights in the 4x4 were at the same distance from the plants (18") and same ppfd (550) as they were in the 2x4. I also set the plants in their nursery pots into the holes about 2 hours before I transplanted them to have the soil they were in match the temp of the soil they were being transplanted into. I'm hoping these measures help reduce transplant shock so the plants don't skip a beat...might not, but it's not like it was a lot of work to do. The remaining two plants (This One 4 & Other One 4) are staying in the 2x4 until I am 100% positive the ones I chose are all females.

2022-01-01_clg_comp-01.jpg

2022-01-01_clg_comp-02.jpg

2022-01-01_clg_comp-03.jpg

2022-01-01_clg_comp-04.jpg

2022-01-01_clg_comp-05.jpg

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I've been told the last ones I wanted to keep are females so I've moved the 4 keepers into their 10 gallon pots. Each root ball was loosened up and dusted with mykos before going into the 10 gallon pots and then I watered each one well with some recharge. This is the first time I've been measuring ppfd so I made sure the lights in the 4x4 were at the same distance from the plants (18") and same ppfd (550) as they were in the 2x4. I also set the plants in their nursery pots into the holes about 2 hours before I transplanted them to have the soil they were in match the temp of the soil they were being transplanted into. I'm hoping these measures help reduce transplant shock so the plants don't skip a beat...might not, but it's not like it was a lot of work to do. The remaining two plants (This One 4 & Other One 4) are staying in the 2x4 until I am 100% positive the ones I chose are all females.

View attachment 104334

View attachment 104335

View attachment 104336

View attachment 104337

View attachment 104338
How do you like the blumats? Me and gu discussed those a couple years ago. Do.they cause you any issues , easy to use accurate etc

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
How do you like the blumats? Me and gu discussed those a couple years ago. Do.they cause you any issues , easy to use accurate etc
I love them. They aren't 100% hands off because they can and will either clog or get an air bubble in the lines which will cause them to over water. But, what I really like about them, is they keep the soil at this perfect sponge consitancy and the top of the soil doesn't get all compacted from hand watering. I also keep my reservoir small (5 gallons) and top it off every morning at the same time so I get a feeling of how much the plants are drinking on a daily basis. Knowing what they are drinking daily makes it easy to know when something is going wrong because the volume is off. I've been using it for over a year now and it's really helped me understand how differently the plants drink based on temperature and humidity, too. I can get a feeling of when my tent is dialed in well when the plants are drinking the same amount each day based on the week they are in.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I'm pretty happy with the 10 day growth , Kudos @J.James for that. I won't tolerate slow , deformed or janky looking plants. Very nice man. I posted this pic Dec 20th. They were under a single 2 foot t5 for almost 3 weeks cause I was really sick and had no where to pit them.till I finished my flower room.

20211220_164124.jpg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
End of week 5 and the herd is thinning. Plants won't show until they are ready, hmmmmmm... I do know that males tend to show first.
IMG_8089.JPG
My stuff was all jumbled up so I was not paying attention to tags. Pulled out each plant, quick glance for sexy parts, then water.
Anything that needed a closer look got the loupe, all 5 that showed are boys.
IMG_8080.JPG
I just tagged them red and set them aside until I was finished. Then the big reveal... The Other 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6 are all male. Fuck me, right?
So I have 12 left.
IMG_8079.JPG

End of week 5 and the herd is thinning. Plants won't show until they are ready, hmmmmmm... I do know that males tend to show first.
View attachment 104394
My stuff was all jumbled up so I was not paying attention to tags. Pulled out each plant, quick glance for sexy parts, then water.
Anything that needed a closer look got the loupe, all 5 that showed are boys.
View attachment 104393
I just tagged them red and set them aside until I was finished. Then the big reveal... The Other 1, 3, 4, 5, & 6 are all male. Fuck me, right?
So I have 12 left.
View attachment 104392
Oi, you almost got skunked on The Other H.A.F. You gunna be able to fit all the remaining dirty dozen into a flower tent if they all turn out to be fems?

Last edited:

GrowsomethingBill

Dirt Track Maniac 🏆 🏁
B6E0162A-FA3C-409E-A2DB-2506A05EDE64.jpegStarting to take off a lil bit. Been battling colder than normal winter temps for some reason in my basement this year. I’ve got one exhaust running on low as of now. And my air cooled hood is not being air cooled per se 😂 so i will see how the temps fare tomorrow when I water. Guess my recycled media doesn’t got enough nitrogen in it gonna have to adjust that