2021 Mystery Pack Competition

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Last comp Evergreengardener showed sex on March 27th, I saw it on mine the next day. We started 2 or 3 days before the original start date of March 24th.
About 5 weeks and 2 days from dropping seeds until sex showed.

Friendly reminder to warm up that soil before transplant if it's stored in a cold area to help avoid shock.
What a great tip about transplanting. I never even considered this.

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
I have run 12/12 from seed, and flipped after they started alternating nodes - and they still waited to show pre-flowers until the plant was ready at about 5-6 weeks. I don't think flipping early advances when they flower, but it does induce stretch while they are getting ready.
This is true. I've argued with people about this over and over. Force 12 12 does not induce sex. It just slows the plant down and makes it stretch out. A.plant is gonna show sex when it's ready and thats it. You can have 20 plants in the same environment, same light and they will all start showing sex when they are ready. They come in at all different times. It's best to just wait till you see either 2 hairs coming out of a calyx or a ball on a small stem. Balls that look like balls but aren't on a small stem can just be a confused plant or a funky looking calyx. I always look for the small stem with the ball on it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I won't even start checking mine for a week, but once they start showing it's obvious from a distance that something is happening at the node. Not that pointy spine-leaf-thing but right above those. Can't tell for a few more days what it is with the naked eye but as soon as you can see something you can usually sort it with a loupe sooner than that.

Dalton

Nobody
Salute @Heisenbeans. I know I need to get better at determining sex when I run regs so I would like to ask what particular part of the plant I should be looking at when it is coming up in veg, and what are the light bulb tell tell signs of it's sex?

Cheers, Z.
Females look just like a female dog in heat with two hairs popping out, Males have nut sacs..for anyone who had dogs

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
No going back now. These bitches are destined for greatness. I have a 4x4 ready to go in the flower room as soon as I decide to move em. 20211231_162523.jpg

The biggest thing overlooked by growers and even seasoned growers don't pay enough attention to. Temp , humidity and especially consistency. Big temp swings fuck plants up more than anything. Where I like to keep my veg room

20211231_162538.jpg

oldsilvertip

Really Active Member
Just got done looking everything over, don't even wanna show my plant pics no more cause some of you'll might get upset and quit haha. Naw just kidding. I got my eyes on some of you'll fa sho
need to look at better growers than me .i see several around, i try to keep an eye on,i'm still on training wheels all ways been outside

Last edited by a moderator:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I grow my plants in 68° temps with 80-90 rH

1 gallon pots with a 6 week veg yeilds about 1.5 pounds including seeds, stems and soil
My plants get inside weather. The temps are pretty stable but the humidity is whatever it is. usually around 50%. If it needs humidity it gets a dome. After that nothing.

Happy New Year all you champions! Oh, and speaking of champions :ROFLMAO: H2(FL) has now surpassed Lemon Slushie(BL) height wise and REALLY reaching for the light on day 14 of flower. I think I am going to have to take her off her booster bucket to give her some more vertical room to grow. My Bluberry Brisco County Line(MR) girl looks incredible for only day 15 of flower and I am starting to think me putting these girls to bed with an extra 15 mins of far red(cheers Loco Grown) via a little Rapid Led puck after lights out might be actually doing something.
H2-D14 BCL-D15 LSBW-D23.jpg
H2-D14 BCL-D15 LSBW-D23 B.JPG
H2-D14 BCL-D15 LSBW-D23 C.JPG H2-D14 BCL-D15 LSBW-D23.jpgH2-D14 BCL-D15 LSBW-D23 B.JPGH2-D14 BCL-D15 LSBW-D23 C.JPG

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Happy New Year all you champions! Oh, and speaking of champions :ROFLMAO: H2(FL) has now surpassed Lemon Slushie(BL) height wise and REALLY reaching for the light on day 14 of flower. I think I am going to have to take her off her booster bucket to give her some more vertical room to grow. My Bluberry Brisco County Line(MR) girl looks incredible for only day 15 of flower and I am starting to think me putting these girls to bed with an extra 15 mins of far red(cheers Loco Grown) via a little Rapid Led puck after lights out might be actually doing something.
View attachment 104308
View attachment 104309
View attachment 104310 View attachment 104308View attachment 104309View attachment 104310
I’m curious to find out what strain these “harlet” seeds are. They look like they like to grow quickly.