1st Grow Here - Last of 2020 - Mixed Bag - 1st Chuck?

Dis39

Really Active Member
Just got these in the mail, anticipating having 2 empty spots in the new 30" x 30" Im working on. Currently I have 4 regs that are 2 weeks old (Obsol33t Genetics Alien Sour Apple), and I want to make sure that I have a full cab if they go 50/50 or greater. Kinda over fem seeds for a while, as I am starting my foray into chucking, but I realized I had no indis in the cycle, so I reached out to @J.James at CLG and picked up a few fems to fill out the cab. Originally I was going to pop 2 County Line Hash Plant, but this Sangria Cookies has me curious wanting to wet 3... It could happen I get 3 males outta those other 4... Regardless hell of a deal and much gratitude to @J.James

Edit: Added the winners...

IMG_20201112_201001.jpg

IMG_20201112_203156.jpg

IMG_20201112_202926.jpg

Last edited:

Dis39

Really Active Member
It's not quite done, done enough to function. Still tinkering with the door and the baffle system for the intake vents, run the wiring which I dont want to do just yet, as I think Im going to put a HLG135 R Spec in here. Its in a dark room so its not imperative at the moment (in regard to the door) So far all still only $35 bucks into this project. All scrap, repurposed, or already had on hand.

IMG_20201112_210207.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Sterilized some soil last night (oven until 180 for 30 mins) for the CLHP & SC. They have been in the drink overnight. After bake, soil is getting hit with some castings, Recharge, and mycos, and then they are off. The CLG plants will grow in the cab alongside the Obsol33t ASAs, the hope is 4x total plants in 3 gals, throwing the cab into flower once that Fastbuds CBD Crack finishes. We'll see what the ASA sexes as... Had some low humidity on the ASAs, put a bag over them for a couple nights and the new growth is much happier.

IMG_20201113_083008.jpg

IMG_20201112_232519.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Been busy the past week. Took 25 cuttings, pollinated a branch on each of the 2 Peyote Critical clones, as well as a branch on the CBD 30:1. Moved some things around in the closet, been getting high humidity during lights out (68%) so I added a fan to push out some moisture. Started with flower food. Lights feel a little high in the closet, maybe 20-24", but I want to make sure they have room, I was getting a little light burn.

IMG_20201117_182613.jpg

The Sangria Cookies and CLHP both popped a couple days ago, the second CLHP had yet to pop so I went rooting around for it, it had a tail sticking out, but may be stuck. Made sure it wasnt compacted and let it go, well see what happens, not hopeful.

IMG_20201117_222256.jpg

Swapped out that old Viparspectra 600 for an HLG 135, think Ill add a second one to this cab and run them each at 80-100w. We'll see. Waiting for ChilLED to drop secrets. Found a couple aphids, not surprising as this plant has been partially indoors and outdoors. Wiped them off, placed an order for Assassin bugs, just to be sure.

IMG_20201118_184829.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Alright so its been a minute. Had some health issues with the wife, then rolled straight into the holidays. Found some aphids on the Crack CBD (this plant spent the first 6 weeks of its life being moved in and out while I built the cabinet, so its explainable). I also found some spider mites on some young cuttings I took a few weeks ago... I saw what looked like mite damage when I took them, but under glass I didnt see anything, my mistake should have dunked, they were kind of taken half ass and in a hurry.

I pulled everything that wasnt in flower out of the spaces and hit it with spinosad/bt day 1, neem aloe agsil day 3, spinosad/bt day 5, and neem aloe agsil day 7, its currently quarantined while the Crack CBD finishes flower, the cab will get a deep clean, and then Ill reload it with the 4x ASAs, the CLHP, and the SC. I unleashed 25 assassin bugs onto the Crack CBD, and 50 into the closet as a precaution. I also put some assassin bugs directly on the recently sprayed clones and seedlings.

Pollinated the Dr. Seedsman 30:1 and the 2x Barneys Farm Peyote Critical clones with Mr. Iyotu a couple weeks ago, they are growing seeds.

Pollinated the Ms.Teri Wun and the newer Barneys Farm Peyote Critical from seed, with Iyotu, a couple nights ago.

Ill pot some pics a little later. Heres whats in quarantine.

IMG_20201129_085626.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
CBD Crack is in the dark and drying in the pot for a couple days. Cabinet got sprayed and wiped down. The 4x Obsol33t Alien Sour Apples will live here until they show sex, as well as the CLG fems, Sangria Cookies and County Line Hash Plant. Some are showing that same issue as a few of my other grows, same soil batch, yellow mottling at the leaf edge, starting with old growth. Ill be adding a second HLG135 to this cabinet before flipping, going to run them at a combine 200w.

IMG_20201202_194339.jpg

Last edited:

Dis39

Really Active Member
Few photo updates. Here is the Barneys Farm Peyote Critical from seed, this one split funky early on, some kind of duploid start. Ive grown this strain several times, from seed and clone, she always frosts up nice, but I dont feel Ive ever done her justice on a grow/cure, looking to at least do a better cure on her this time. There are 2 clones taken from the PC I grew outdoors this past summer, that are the middle row of this tent, bunch of dense bouncey ball sized nugs all over super thin but bushy branching. Hard to take pics of them.

IMG_20201206_191118.jpg

The Seedsman CBD 30:1 is coming along, not putting out a huge amount in the way of trichomes when compared to the PC, Im expecting her to run a few weeks longer than the PC obviously. Looks like she has tip burn, but fade from flower? Not sure what shes trying to tell me, opinions welcome.

IMG_20201206_191053.jpg

Ms. Teri Wun is showing what looks like cal/mag def. This prompted me to mix a jug of cal/mag, coconut water, Build-A-Bloom (regular feed), rehydrated kelp tea, and Rootwise Mycrobe Complete and Bio Phos (just snagged this as a points reward from BAS, hitting everything with it and using it until its gone - the whole 3 part line). I hit all 6 plants in the closet with a half gallon each, Ill bit them again tomorrow with the Rootwise Bio Catalyst). I look forward to seeing the results. I also topdressed each of the pots with a cup and a half of fresh castings, and a cup of kelp sludge (from the tea) between them. Not sure what else shes trying to tell me besides cal/mag. She felt a little light. Thoughts?

IMG_20201206_191109.jpg

And here are the 4 x Obsol33t Genetics Alien Sour Apples (still waiting on sex) and the Sangria Cookies (I think this is the Hillbilly Bob grow, dont want to get it wrong) and County Line Hashplant by @J.James - they are clearly talking to me but I have yet to look at a table to see what it might be. They just got hit with the Rootwise Mycrobe Complete, coconut water and rehydrated kelp tea, only about a cup each. Ill hit them again in a couple days, they may be slightly over watered. That new growth curl... Going to closely manage my moisture on everything, finish the Rootwise inoculation, and let them be and see how they respond.

IMG_20201206_191253.jpg

Last edited:

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
Let the pots dry to the point that the soil starts to pull away from the sides of the pot before you water again. Even the yellowing edges of the lower fan leaves leads me to believe you are watering too often. (Next time you want to water wait 2 more days)

Dis39

Really Active Member
Let the pots dry to the point that the soil starts to pull away from the sides of the pot before you water again. Even the yellowing edges of the lower fan leaves leads me to believe you are watering too often. (Next time you want to water wait 2 more days)
They did get excessively watered as a result of poor timing in watering then up potting into soil that was less than ideal moisture. Appreciate the insight. I'll let them dry out.

Dis39

Really Active Member
Thought she was ready for some dark stress, but shes still clouding... couple more days... never really know when to harvest for max CBD. Not what I had in mind when I started this particular grow, but life happens, and things get neglected. There's always next cycle!

IMG_20201209_092828.jpg

Dis39

Really Active Member
Nice growing man. Very interesting reads
Much obliged sir, I look forward to running some of your work once I have a hole in the schedule and some extra money in the bank. I was cruising your site a couple days ago, too much good stuff...

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Thought she was ready for some dark stress, but shes still clouding... couple more days... never really know when to harvest for max CBD. Not what I had in mind when I started this particular grow, but life happens, and things get neglected. There's always next cycle!

View attachment 79575
I read that you should harvest CBD plants a week earlier than you would a regular THC plant. Like just as the amber starts to appear.

I’ll try and find a link.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone

View attachment 79575