Help please, pollination problem

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Alright, the whole net is coming out and everyone is coming out. Chocolope is dying, the tent is getting scrubbed, and the remaining two are getting a spray down with H2O then heavy fans to prevent further spread.

Does this sound like the best I can do? Thanks friends!

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
It's that time of the year I guess, I found a few sacks yesterday while defoliating, the plant I found em on was next to my air purifier, and I forgot to tape off its run light, 99% sure it was that, regardless I trimmed up her undercarriage and cleaned her up real good, but the eye is on it now for sure
Screenshot_20191205-201341.png

AlienAthena

Super Active Member
Royal Queen Seeds doesn’t have a Chocolope so I don’t know what your neighbor gave you. There’s a lot of bad banks/breeders overseas but i’ve never heard anything bad about RQS so I was shocked. If the seed didn’t come in a breeder package or clearly labeled then don’t take it.. Everyone already gave decent advice on what to do with the plant but just wanted to add that.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Royal Queen Seeds doesn’t have a Chocolope so I don’t know what your neighbor gave you. There’s a lot of bad banks/breeders overseas but i’ve never heard anything bad about RQS so I was shocked. If the seed didn’t come in a breeder package or clearly labeled then don’t take it.. Everyone already gave decent advice on what to do with the plant but just wanted to add that.
Thanks very much, I appreciate it! I trust my neighbour though, he’s one of my best real life friends, lol!

I honestly didn’t check if RQS even had a Chocolope.. Isn’t Chocolate Haze the same strain?

AlienAthena

Super Active Member
Just did a lil research and the Chocolate Haze is a phenomenal of the Chocolope so yes. https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/feminized-cannabis-seeds/311-chocolate-haze.html?language=1&iPage=2

Haven’t seen any mention of hermies but don’t mean it ain’t happen but I would double check that you don’t have any light leaks or something. Seems like the SLH and AK are dialed in tho so idk.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Just did a lil research and the Chocolate Haze is a phenomenal of the Chocolope so yes. https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/feminized-cannabis-seeds/311-chocolate-haze.html?language=1&iPage=2

Haven’t seen any mention of hermies but don’t mean it ain’t happen but I would double check that you don’t have any light leaks or something. Seems like the SLH and AK are dialed in tho so idk.
I’ll triple check everything :)

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I was wondering if it was "chocolate haze" as well, I have a ton of freebie seeds but none came in breeders packs =/ just the downside of 'stealth shipping'.
That’s good to know. Thanks! It didn’t come in a breeders pack, he gave it to me in his hand lol! So I mean there is a chance, but I won’t entertain it to be fair to my friend.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Chocolope is out of the house, tent wiped down, big girls sprayed down and extra fans rolling. The SLH doesn’t look like she got it too bad, but the AK48 got it pretty good :( I got some photos of the Chocolope and I’ll get some of the affected sites of the big girls later once they dry out a bit.

Hawkoio

Ya, I’m not really concerned about yield or picking seeds out, it just sucks. But you gotta break some eggs before you can... what the hell is that line? LOL

I learned more TODAY than I’ve learned in some months of growing. I will be better for this, as I hope others reading this will be too.

edit: Can’t make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. Got it. Lol wasn’t even close!
Ya it sucks putting all that work in to the grow and then you get a damn Hem l personally cut it down and get out not to get the rest of the girls. If you find any seeds on that girl will also be hems.

Hawkoio

I’m looking at maybe 30% pollination on my AK and 10% on the SLH. I’m really starting to feel fortunate I encountered this when I did and hope I can apply these new learnings to all future grows!

Thanks again everyone for your help, I will be better for this :D Zero risks in the future, it just isn’t worth it!! Stay fresh 💕
Good you caught it in time :)

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Ya it sucks putting all that work in to the grow and then you get a damn Hem l personally cut it down and get out not to get the rest of the girls. If you find any seeds on that girl will also be hems.
Ya mate that’s definitely the plan for all future grows! I am growing for myself mainly and a few close friends and family so quality is by far #1 for me. I’ll feel bad hooking friends up with seeded buds, but they’re appreciative mates!

F series

Insanely Active Member
I didn't read all post, if you stressed the plant ie, too much light, heat, wate, no water w/e, I would save plants and reuse seeds for a 12/12 solo cup run massive sog run type shit. But if everything was perfect environment, I would trash it, if it's personal use though, I'd just pick through the seeds.... Good luck with choice, you can't really go wrong depending on use

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I didn't read all post, if you stressed the plant ie, too much light, heat, wate, no water w/e, I would save plants and reuse seeds for a 12/12 solo cup run massive sog run type shit. But if everything was perfect environment, I would trash it, if it's personal use though, I'd just pick through the seeds.... Good luck with choice, you can't really go wrong depending on use
Thanks man! :)

sfrigon1

Seed Aficionado
I’ll triple check everything :)
Lol I don't trust any seed that's not in a unopened pckg. Especially when they are from ur jealous neighbor. This is a weird story but I met a new neighbor of mine that had a grow op going and gave me ten bubba's gift seeds. Said they were from hso . Anyways three and a half months later I had the most rediculous looking plants, big ,small, of course none were big. And almost all had balls on the fems . Somehow they were fems though 😂. Not sure why but u getting that free seed reminded me.