Help please, pollination problem

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Yikes, I have a problem here friends. I’m 4.5 weeks into flower first of all and I’ve got seeds starting to form on my girls!!

I have 3 plants in my flower tent only and 2 are clones, SLH and AK that I’ve run multiple times with no issues ever, not a single seed or nanner from either.

So it’s got to be this Chocolope seed I got from RQS. She’s definitely a girl but she was a hermie early in flower. I went over her really well and picked off all her male parts and let her go. So I thought it was all clear but it must mean that I missed a part or some.

The question is, is should I go searching for more parts at this point, should I pull her from the tent, or are these hermie parts opened and it’s all over and I should try to claim whatever bud I can off her?

And also, can my SLH and AK plants that are flowering now throw nanas, or will they just make seeds and I shouldn’t have to worry about FURTHER pollination from THEM?

And one last question, there could be hundreds of these seeds forming on my two big girls, the AK and the SLH, and I’m wondering should I let them go as is? Can I pick these seeds off with tweezers at this point or will it just stress them out and cause more issues? Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for any help and tips you have! I will post photos when lights go on in about 7 hours. ☮

Last edited:

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Your first problem is You ran Royal Queen anything , Your plants that are in flower will only Herm if bad environment or genetics, If its a solid plant what happens to the plant next to it is neither here nor there unless it pollenates it, IF your SLH and AK are pollenated by the herm they will be seeded but that shouldn't cause them to throw nanners /herm since You have ran em before with no issues, That is assuming your environment is correct . Get that POS RQS out of there and feed it to some goats.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
Your first problem is You ran Royal Queen anything , Your plants that are in flower will only Herm if bad environment or genetics, If its a solid plant what happens to the plant next to it is neither here nor there unless it pollenates it, your SLH and AK are pollenated by the herm they will be seeded but that shouldn't cause them to throw nanners /herm since You have ran em before with no issues, That is assuming your environment is correct . Get that POS RQS out of there and feed it to some goats.
Thank you very much for your response! I actually got this seed from a neighbour because I didn’t have any fems and I was like damn I need a sure thing to run. STUPID! It’s gone as soon as I can open the tent if no one disagrees.
Even if it’s bud wasn’t seeded it’s very small comparatively to the others and likely would’ve only yielded 2-3 ounces. So you think she’s just a write off and she could do more harm staying any longer?
And I should just let the other girls run their course and hope for the best?

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
IF THE NANNERS ARE RE OCCURING TRASH IT , IF IT THROWS A FEW EARLY AND YOU CATCH IT , REMOVE EM AND IF THEY DONT RETURN THEN THAT PLANT CAN BE LEFT TO FINISH . Sorry caps its early and too lazy to re type . That is for any plant going forward. Lots of strains will throw early balls usually on lowers , GG4, Chems, Wedding Cake ect ect . When nanners are all over the plant or return after removing then trash the plant .

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
IF THE NANNERS ARE RE OCCURING TRASH IT , IF IT THROWS A FEW EARLY AND YOU CATCH IT , REMOVE EM AND IF THEY DONT RETURN THEN THAT PLANT CAN BE LEFT TO FINISH . Sorry caps its early and too lazy to re type . That is for any plant going forward. Lots of strains will throw early balls usually on lowers , GG4, Chems, Wedding Cake ect ect . When nanners are all over the plant or return after removing then trash the plant .
Okay that’s perfect, thank you so much! I must have had reoccurring nanners :( Royal Shit more like it!

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
@Hust17 you are in the same boat as me, if you spot any nanners in early flower you pretty much need to inspect daily to make sure no more occur. Best of luck with the other 2 girls, I've smoked plenty of seeded bud in my day and while not the best it still smokes ;).
Ya, I’m not really concerned about yield or picking seeds out, it just sucks. But you gotta break some eggs before you can... what the hell is that line? LOL

I learned more TODAY than I’ve learned in some months of growing. I will be better for this, as I hope others reading this will be too.

edit: Can’t make an omelette without cracking a few eggs. Got it. Lol wasn’t even close!

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Yikes, I have a problem here friends. I’m 4.5 weeks into flower first of all and I’ve got seeds starting to form on my girls!!

I have 3 plants in my flower tent only and 2 are clones, SLH and AK that I’ve run multiple times with no issues ever, not a single seed or nanner from either.

So it’s got to be this Chocolope seed I got from RQS. She’s definitely a girl but she was a hermie early in flower. I went over her really well and picked off all her male parts and let her go. So I thought it was all clear but it must mean that I missed a part or some.

The question is, is should I go searching for more parts at this point, should I pull her from the tent, or are these hermie parts opened and it’s all over and I should try to claim whatever bud I can off her?

And also, can my SLH and AK plants that are flowering now throw nanas, or will they just make seeds and I shouldn’t have to worry about FURTHER pollination from THEM?

And one last question, there could be hundreds of these seeds forming on my two big girls, the AK and the SLH, and I’m wondering should I let them go as is? Can I pick these seeds off with tweezers at this point or will it just stress them out and cause more issues? Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you for any help and tips you have! I will post photos when lights go on in about 7 hours. ☮
i agree with heathen. Anything from Rqs is gonna be a risk. First thing is to pick up some stable genetics and get your enviorment in control.

If there already seeded theres nothing you can do to reverse it, You could just leave em go and try to get as many seeds as u can.

A plant with a couple male parts can be easily picked off and watched closely. My double cookies had like 4 or 5 seeds in the entire plant but when you start seeing alot of male parts its starts to become tedious and it usually ends in you missing a couple or some growing back. the whole garden ends up seeded.

Not much you can do now. At least youll have seeds for the foreseeable future

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
i agree with heathen. Anything from Rqs is gonna be a risk. First thing is to pick up some stable genetics and get your enviorment in control.

If there already seeded theres nothing you can do to reverse it, You could just leave em go and try to get as many seeds as u can.

A plant with a couple male parts can be easily picked off and watched closely. My double cookies had like 4 or 5 seeds in the entire plant but when you start seeing alot of male parts its starts to become tedious and it usually ends in you missing a couple or some growing back. the whole garden ends up seeded.

Not much you can do now. At least youll have seeds for the foreseeable future
Would they be hermie seeds because a hermie plant pollinated them? Even if they weren’t I wouldn’t want to cross Chocolope and SLH I don’t think hehe

My environment is dialled, it’s this RQS seed for sure. I pulled all her parts in preflower and into flower but didn’t realize that they could keep coming so far into flower.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
My advise is to use the seeded flower for edibles or smoke and don't use the seeds . Grab some seeds from peeps on here or order from good stock / breeders after You are 100% sure it wasn't a enviormental issue , light leak , forgot to close tent , heat issues ect ect.
Ya, 100% :( I think I just got unlucky and then got matched with a lack of experience.

Well, I guess I learned a butt load today, especially if I’m going to be diving into reg seeds soon. I should’ve, and will be more diligent in the future. Thanks for all the help Heathen! I’ll throw some pics up later so you all can see the damage.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Would they be hermie seeds because a hermie plant pollinated them? Even if they weren’t I wouldn’t want to cross Chocolope and SLH I don’t think hehe

My environment is dialled, it’s this RQS seed for sure. I pulled all her parts in preflower and into flower but didn’t realize that they could keep coming so far into flower.
Yea as heathen said grab seeds from some reputable ppl on here or 1 of the breeders known for good genetics.

pretty sure those seeds will deff carry that herm trait bc the pollen that was used came from a hermi.

sandman83

Super Active Member
I would not use the seeds from anything pollinated by an early herm, only if it was due to rodelization and leaving the plant too long....

Sorry @Hust17 sounds like you are on the same hunt as me for some good moms to clone =). I've got my fingers crossed for one of these dinoberry bites to be frosty.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
I would not use the seeds from anything pollinated by an early herm, only if it was due to rodelization and leaving the plant too long....

Sorry @Hust17 sounds like you are on the same hunt as me for some good moms to clone =). I've got my fingers crossed for one of these dinoberry bites to be frosty.
Haha that’s a real tasty sounding strain name! Ya that’s exactly where I’m at. Too early to be crossing anything, need to find a few keepers first.

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
All great advice above.
I'd axe a hermie right away.
I don't even tolerate early flower nanners. Fuck that nonsense. Lol. Too many other beans and plants to even remotely allow a hermie chance imho.
Chop it imho immediately.
To limit any pollen spread etc when removing said plant id spray down with water, clean wipe tent walls and anywhere else pollen may have gotten to.
While other plants are out of tent double check over them just to be sure.
A hermie is not contagious to other plants, but any seeds it made are likely to pass on the trait.
The seeds would be fems, but hermie prone.
If you need good seeds do like Heathen said, there's lots of folks on here have some great stuff.
Thank you for your advice, I’m glad everyone thinks I should do the same thing haha!

Ya, that’s definitely an option for the future, I do not want to go through this again, ever.