Grow light graveyard

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I have 2 SF4000 in my 8x4 tent, current meter (self calibrated) shows 890W. I have no complaints other than the dimmer box on the older one of the two makes some noises at the lowest level (I just avoid that).

So, to be clear, is each light a one off or do you have some standardized models/designs. These days, everyone is basically using good diodes, its the rest of the parts and the design that makes or breaks a light. Personally, I don't care for either the large quantum boards or the multi-bar setups. My favorite design so far is the single bar designs that fit more of a florescent fixture setup like this Mars Hydro light...

View attachment 118009

I'd rather rock a bunch of these and space them how I want. Only issue, this model specially is over priced for its output.
I can make whatever size u want. The strips are 16 inches though. So two in line on each sink.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I get that you can do that with any light if you want to undo wiring and buy new materials. I am not trying to buy a custom light only to have to DIY half of it.
Are you really interested in buying a light? If so I will elaborate on my design aspects. Its pretty simple. I send you a prebuilt light. U put in 8 screws and termintae 5 wires. +,-,hot.neutral.ground. my driver doesnt fit in the 36" TUBE ROLLER I use to ship. So I send it separate. If this works for u ,Lmk. I have an order going out soon.

PuffTheMagic

Super Active Member
Are you really interested in buying a light? If so I will elaborate on my design aspects. Its pretty simple. I send you a prebuilt light. U put in 8 screws and termintae 5 wires. +,-,hot.neutral.ground. my driver doesnt fit in the 36" TUBE ROLLER I use to ship. So I send it separate. If this works for u ,Lmk. I have an order going out soon.
I don't "need" to buy lights right this second but do have some new spaces I want to build out and will need more lights soon. Considering I have a few SF4000 and like them so far, the 399 sale price has the impulsive side of me wanting to grab 2 more. That being said, your price per watt is on par with this and I am willing to give you a shot. I have no problem doing electrical wiring. Do you have any 220v drivers?

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I don't "need" to buy lights right this second but do have some new spaces I want to build out and will need more lights soon. Considering I have a few SF4000 and like them so far, the 399 sale price has the impulsive side of me wanting to grab 2 more. That being said, your price per watt is on par with this and I am willing to give you a shot. I have no problem doing electrical wiring. Do you have any 220v drivers?
Yes. The driver I use can be switched between 120/220.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
I have 2 SF4000 in my 8x4 tent, current meter (self calibrated) shows 890W. I have no complaints other than the dimmer box on the older one of the two makes some noises at the lowest level (I just avoid that).

So, to be clear, is each light a one off or do you have some standardized models/designs. These days, everyone is basically using good diodes, its the rest of the parts and the design that makes or breaks a light. Personally, I don't care for either the large quantum boards or the multi-bar setups. My favorite design so far is the single bar designs that fit more of a florescent fixture setup like this Mars Hydro light...

View attachment 118009

I'd rather rock a bunch of these and space them how I want. Only issue, this model specially is over priced for its output.
Last indoor grow I did I hit 28% thc with that sp3000…..don’t sleep on it….as for best dio on market Samsung has fallen behind…….sorry to say but their not on top any more…….and unless your useing lm301h whites or lh351h blue and reds stop bragging about your lights……theirs too many good lights out their thats have solid corner ppfd in the 5-800$ range and comes with warrantees also another sidenote I hope you put dimmer switches between your reds and blues on those lights because having more than 3% blue in spectrum in your flowering room relative to red spectrum WILL DRASTICALLY lower your yeild!!!!!! Which is why u should put a dimmer separate on reds and blues so they can get a yeild boost and then last 2 weeks turn reds down and crank blues to boost oils._________but what do I know

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
Yes rspec v2 boards I have 3,thanks for the answers
I have the 5.88, 6.08 and the 7.9's
You'll want the 7.9" heatsink
$24.90/ft
The price has almost double since I bought all my heatsinks 6 years ago.
There's plenty of "passive redundancy" in the three heatsink sizes I quoted.

If it was me, I'd just look around and find some scrap aluminum sheets. (machine shops, welding shops, salvage yards,etc)
They don't got to be pretty.
Those boards don't need much of a heatsink to keep those boards cool.
I've ran quantum boards with no heatsinks before and never hurt them.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I have the 5.88, 6.08 and the 7.9's
You'll want the 7.9" heatsink
$24.90/ft
The price has almost double since I bought all my heatsinks 6 years ago.
There's plenty of "passive redundancy" in the three heatsink sizes I quoted.

If it was me, I'd just look around and find some scrap aluminum sheets. (machine shops, welding shops, salvage yards,etc)
They don't got to be pretty.
Those boards don't need much of a heatsink to keep those boards cool.
I've ran quantum boards with no heatsinks before and never hurt them.
Thanks that was really helpful, my stumbling block was the proper heatsink.. I'm hunting road signs now lol

D

Deleted member 60

I have 3 more analog ballasts in house....and 2 600 Quantum's. Still have 4 of the Magnum XXL hoods as well. I even found a "cool tube". Gotta drag some of it out for the contest.

Still trying to decide what to set up. I have 2 (vspec?) led boards as well but never got enough grows in with em to get a feel for em vs. the HPS/MH.

DSC_4090.JPG

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
I have 3 more analog ballasts in house....and 2 600 Quantum's. Still have 4 of the Magnum XXL hoods as well. I even found a "cool tube". Gotta drag some of it out for the contest.

Still trying to decide what to set up. I have 2 (vspec?) led boards as well but never got enough grows in with em to get a feel for em vs. the HPS/MH.

View attachment 131506
Love having extra equipment around.

D

Deleted member 2835

Last indoor grow I did I hit 28% thc with that sp3000…..don’t sleep on it….as for best dio on market Samsung has fallen behind…….sorry to say but their not on top any more…….and unless your useing lm301h whites or lh351h blue and reds stop bragging about your lights……theirs too many good lights out their thats have solid corner ppfd in the 5-800$ range and comes with warrantees also another sidenote I hope you put dimmer switches between your reds and blues on those lights because having more than 3% blue in spectrum in your flowering room relative to red spectrum WILL DRASTICALLY lower your yeild!!!!!! Which is why u should put a dimmer separate on reds and blues so they can get a yeild boost and then last 2 weeks turn reds down and crank blues to boost oils._________but what do I know
@Buddernugs I can do pretty much anything with my lights as far as spectrum goes. Also I do the same thing as far as switching back to veg spectrum the last two weeks. Back in the day I would switch to metal halide from hps in the last two weeks.