YLYL possibly going to hell edition.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
any electricians in here?Aa
Can I take 10/2 solid wire and twist the ends together creating 1 wire? Then take 3 of that configuration into a 30 or 50amp breaker.
It's for running my welder. I don't see why this wouldn't work. Might not pass a safety inspection, but will work just fine, right?

Streetpro09

Tester
Is he in sandals? 🤣😂

any electricians in here?Aa
Can I take 10/2 solid wire and twist the ends together creating 1 wire? Then take 3 of that configuration into a 30 or 50amp breaker.
It's for running my welder. I don't see why this wouldn't work. Might not pass a safety inspection, but will work just fine, right?
I'm no electrician but i don't see why it wouldn't work fine. If you're worried, the first couple times using the welder, check the wire and see how hot it's getting. I assume it's going to be an exposed wire?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Is he in sandals? 🤣😂

I'm no electrician but i don't see why it wouldn't work fine. If you're worried, the first couple times using the welder, check the wire and see how hot it's getting. I assume it's going to be an exposed wire?
Actually I am using the yellow 10/3 flattened house wire. (black, white, and a bare ground) Used for hotwater heaters and other appliances. I twisted all 3 together on the ends making 1 big ass wire. Had to make sure it would fit in the 30 Amp breaker connector hole in the panel. So I made 3 of these big wires(hot 1, hot 2 and neutral) and taped them every 6" or so. I thought about snaking them through some PVC or conduit.
The reason I did this is because I felt the thickness of 12gauge wire wouldn't allow me to run the machine full power on 240volts.
So I'm going with redundant "overkill".

I came close to doing this!
Please don't try this at home. lol
1646714933844.png

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Those cover crops just make everything feel visually pleasing seriously!
And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...