Wrinkled deformed new growth on clones

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Just looking at the new leaves up top, could it be hungry from the fast growth?
The leaves look kind of dull, maybe eggshell instead of semi-gloss (paint referenece) and the yellowing between the veins looks like it needs something - but I wouldn't begin to try and decypher what. Could be pH as well, but my guess is food.
No chance it’s hungry. It’s getting the same feed as the others and in the same medium. The other plants have been topped twice and are more than twice as tall.

It’s got to be genetic. I ain’t getting rid of it though. I’ll veg it for another 10 weeks if I have to.

Skunkle Justin

I’ve noticed that if a plant is acting retarded for no good reason at all, it will either be genetics or something that a week in some real sunlight (if that’s even a feasible option) will fix right up. Maybe it’s just the plant’s “awkward phase” or just some germ that’s causing it some temporary drama. Changing from LED to HID or vice versa caused similar problems for me too. Thoughts?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
No chance it’s hungry. It’s getting the same feed as the others and in the same medium. The other plants have been topped twice and are more than twice as tall.

It’s got to be genetic. I ain’t getting rid of it though. I’ll veg it for another 10 weeks if I have to.
I can't remember if the "clogged stem" thing was bro-science or an actual thing, but that looks like what it would look like if it was real :)

It could be the genetics making it need more or less than the other plants "getting the same feed... and in the same medium" - So I can dig that part and we might both be right :sneaky:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
How are the shoots under that level? is new growth on them showing the same funkiness?
Yep, all the leaves are small and funky. I did reduce nutes to about 12% of full strength for the last watering. It just seemed to grow even slower. I’m afraid to give it any more than full strength, although I think I will go 150% on the cal Mag next time.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Yep, all the leaves are small and funky. I did reduce nutes to about 12% of full strength for the last watering. It just seemed to grow even slower. I’m afraid to give it any more than full strength, although I think I will go 150% on the cal Mag next time.
Oh, and I also reduced pH from my standard 6.5 to 5.9 and noticed little difference.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
La
After how long?
Last time before this time, I “flushed” to run off with the 12% strength feed at pH 5.9. That lasted about a week.

I just had a closer look at the leaves on the side shoots under the fan leaves, and they don’t seem to be as wrinkled or fucked up, just smaller than normal. Why do you think that is significant?