Wrinkled deformed new growth on clones

Dustjesus

Insanely Active Member
Anyone ever come across this? Quantum board lighting around 650 ppm flooding every 2 hours only some plants are affected. Have uc roots at 6ml per gallon. Cant find anything on the internet solid. Just spent 30 minutes with a 60x scope. I see nothing. Thanks for looking.
20191003_210327.jpg

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Anyone ever come across this? Quantum board lighting around 650 ppm flooding every 2 hours only some plants are affected. Have uc roots at 6ml per gallon. Cant find anything on the internet solid. Just spent 30 minutes with a 60x scope. I see nothing. Thanks for looking.
View attachment 24370
You might wanna invest in a computer microscope.. I had "Broad Mites", couldn't see them with a hand held 60x's scope. Took me 2 weeks to find a live one. Need to look for bite marks on the leaf veins.

Dustjesus

Insanely Active Member
Ph is 5.7-5.9 I'm pretty diligent with it. I appreciate the advice and I may just do that. Do you happen to have a picture of your damage from them? It is across maybe 10 plants I removed samples from each and literally zero shit. No bites I could discern and zero crawlers. Went back after my post and searched again. The handheld goes to 120x still nothing.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Not quite the same as yours, but I caught it early and was able to treat and saved this plant. I noticed someone else had this look in their plant on here recently.
I had another from Barneys Farm that took on the traits that your plant is showing. I believe it is in the genetics of a particular strain. I seen this back in the late 70's, early 80's.
Your plant has an extreme case. lol
Potassium?

Attachments

Dustjesus

Insanely Active Member
I removed most of the crinkle growth so I can judge easier if it continues. ordered a usb scope that will hopefully get me a better look at what's going on. I just separated the ones with the crinkling effect going on. The only change I can imagine is I'm using a declorinator instead of ro this go around. Dyna gro foilage pro. I've never seen a deficiency while using it honestly.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
I removed most of the crinkle growth so I can judge easier if it continues. ordered a usb scope that will hopefully get me a better look at what's going on. I just separated the ones with the crinkling effect going on. The only change I can imagine is I'm using a declorinator instead of ro this go around. Dyna gro foilage pro. I've never seen a deficiency while using it honestly.
I use chlorinated tap water in my grow and the only time I had an issue that looked like that was when my pH pen went off and I was quite low. Might want to try calibrating your pH meter. I wish you the best of luck on this.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Have you sprayed with anything new recently? I fucked up one time and sprayed all my plants with something new before testing it on one plant first. I fried my shit and it looked a lot like that.

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Got another scope be here Monday. I searched really good with a 60 to 120. Nothing. I appreciate the advice man.
Oh, I didnt see where you had already used the 120 scope. Seems like you'd see something if they were infested enough to do damage like seen in your pic. Have you taken in any clones recently? Thats how I got em yrs ago.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Not quite the same as yours, but I caught it early and was able to treat and saved this plant. I noticed someone else had this look in their plant on here recently.
I had another from Barneys Farm that took on the traits that your plant is showing. I believe it is in the genetics of a particular strain. I seen this back in the late 70's, early 80's.
Your plant has an extreme case. lol
Potassium?
I posted about one of my HB GG4 S1 having the same look on its leaves:

7B7D46E5-C281-4AAB-833A-B334401F0EC9.jpeg

mine did the same thing, using roots organic soil and Dyna-Gro-Grow nutrients. When I checked the water the ppm was good but ph had fallen to 4.30 adjusted ph and good to go! Hope this helps ya!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Check out the leaves on this Lemon Tree. Kinda fucked up. 7 weeks old and 5 inches tall.
View attachment 76563View attachment 76564
Just looking at the new leaves up top, could it be hungry from the fast growth?
The leaves look kind of dull, maybe eggshell instead of semi-gloss (paint referenece) and the yellowing between the veins looks like it needs something - but I wouldn't begin to try and decypher what. Could be pH as well, but my guess is food.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
It’ll probably grow out of that. I had a few plants that started looking like that at around a month old and they turned out looking normal in the end. Keep us posted on how they do.
Agreed - it was usually after the next feeding that they start coming around... :sneaky: That's why I don't decypher deficiencies any more. The nutes I use have everything in it, and whatever it is the plant needs it will find if you put it in there. Every time I tried to fix stuff by adding a specific element I thought the charts showed that it was lacking, I made it worse.