Will a 90% silver dollar work for silver solution?

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
View attachment 88572
Should,I even bother trying to,use this? I have 2.
It’ll work I think. don’t use two though just cut that in half and use alligator clips to hold them
Or go to the local pawn shop they usually always have silver of some kind a coin or bar you can pick up a ounce of .999 silver for like $30 and it’ll make you an outrageous amount of cs

Last edited:

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Wouldn't matter whether the silver would work - it is whether the copper and nickle will hurt.
Copper is toxic to plants in high levels so that is something to think about. The 64’ half dollar shouldnt have nickel in it the 64 is 90 silver 10 copper. In 65’ they went to the 40 percent silver and a copper nickel clad, because no one spent the first year ones really they hoarded them for silver content ( and cause Kennedy was on it) In the end of 69 they pulled all silver from it so no half dollar from 1970 on had silver ( excluding commemorative editions)

many years ago my father and I would search bank rolls for silver half’s and dimes

F series

Insanely Active Member
Copper is toxic to plants in high levels so that is something to think about. The 64’ half dollar shouldnt have nickel in it the 64 is 90 silver 10 copper. In 65’ they went to the 40 percent silver and a copper nickel clad, because no one spent the first year ones really they hoarded them for silver content ( and cause Kennedy was on it) In the end of 69 they pulled all silver from it so no half dollar from 1970 on had silver ( excluding commemorative editions)

many years ago my father and I would search bank rolls for silver half’s and dimes
I almost convinced myself it was worth it to do that nowadays lol

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails

I just know that copper, nickle and tin are the most common alloys added to make up the 100% on any of the silver coins in that era. I had a couple of rolls of the 40% silver war nickles I traded for a Benelli Super Nova pump action 12 gauge ;)

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
It’ll work I think. don’t use two though just cut that in half and use alligator clips to hold them
Or go to the local pawn shop they usually always have silver of some kind a coin or bar you can pick up a ounce of .999 silver for like $30 and it’ll make you an outrageous amount of cs
That's illegal! Thats 🇺🇸 currency bro!! U think I'd do any thing 🚫 haha.
Ya, I donthave 2. Thats why i asked before i cut it,in 2.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's illegal! Thats 🇺🇸 currency bro!! U think I'd do any thing 🚫 haha.
Ya, I donthave 2. Thats why i asked before i cut it,in 2.
You need the current travelling from one piece through the solution to the other piece I believe.

Myvoy

I used to make small batches using small rods and battery which took several days but they say coins are better according to this article..20210414_093557 - Copy.jpg

printer

Super Active Member
I used a Canadian 99.99% silver dime. I saw the 90% dimes that were more common and cheaper but I thought the same about the copper in the 10%. Doing a bunch of reading afterward I got the idea that the 90% should be fine. The point of the silver is to bind up the copper atoms in the plant, a solution with the silver may have some copper in it which you might think would possibly introduce more copper into the plant. Will the excess silver take care of the copper in the plant and the copper in the solution? I seem to remember deciding it will after all my reading. Now I only have so much space upstairs so once I get my answer (yes) I dump how I got it.

So I could be wrong but I think it will work with a 90% one. And the other electrode does not have to be silver. I used a piece of stainless steel. I guess you can use a spoon or something. It does not release ions into the water, it actually absorbs some of them. My two cents worth.

LoudCountryBAMF

I've tried making cs several times, and its a hassle. Not to mention the number of times you have to spray the plant. So i went STS
Much easier and quicker and much less spraying.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Whats the difference?
You gotta spray cs more than sts and sts has a longer shelf life you can also buy it in the bottle ready to spray on the plant from a few company’s made for reversal with a guarantee (that it’ll reverse not that your plant will give pollen)

Or you could buy the salts and mix it yourself from somewhere like this

LoudCountryBAMF

You gotta spray cs more than sts and sts has a longer shelf life you can also buy it in the bottle ready to spray on the plant from a few company’s made for reversal with a guarantee (that it’ll reverse not that your plant will give pollen)

Or you could buy the salts and mix it yourself from somewhere like this
Exactly. I bought my salts on ebay and brown bottle pack on Amazon. Under 30$ total. And i can make many many many batches.

F series

Insanely Active Member
That was in the Obama era when the silver prices jumped into the $40/oz range.
You been watching silver recently?

Mexico closing silver mines.

Bidens green deal is going to use a lot of silver. Should be going way up.

I think jp morgan is trying to get people to swap for gold. Who knows... Everyone buy a gun and ammo.

Have fun🧚🏿‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
You been watching silver recently?

Mexico closing silver mines.

Bidens green deal is going to use a lot of silver. Should be going way up.

I think jp morgan is trying to get people to swap for gold. Who knows... Everyone buy a gun and ammo.

Have fun🧚🏿‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️
Unfortunately, last time the economy wasn't in the shitter and heading south. A lot of that silver price increase was economy scare, but the gradual rise over the last decade is from industrial use - which will NOT be on the increase this time.

F series

Insanely Active Member
Unfortunately, last time the economy wasn't in the shitter and heading south. A lot of that silver price increase was economy scare, but the gradual rise over the last decade is from industrial use - which will NOT be on the increase this time.
🧐👍