Why is my weed turning brown

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Normally my mason jars of weed are pretty stable once I get them to 62% humidity. They stay nice for months. But recently all my stored weed is turning brown quickly. Even weed I harvested in August is brown. The jars are stored in a closed cabinet so they have very little light exposure. The only thing I can think of is this summer and fall have been VERY humid. I usually keep a 62% boveda pack in the jars so humidity should be okay. What else could be wrong?

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Normally my mason jars of weed are pretty stable once I get them to 62% humidity. They stay nice for months. But recently all my stored weed is turning brown quickly. Even weed I harvested in August is brown. The jars are stored in a closed cabinet so they have very little light exposure. The only thing I can think of is this summer and fall have been VERY humid. I usually keep a 62% boveda pack in the jars so humidity should be okay. What else could be wrong?
Pictures?

baldmountain

Super Active Member
It's mostly in the 70's and maybe occasionally the low 80's so not too warm. I do reuse lids. The price has gone up and lids are a buck a piece. (Yeah, I'm cheap.) Jars are half to three quarters full. It does get humid. (It's New England where it's always humid (but not west coast Florida humid.)

So I guess a combination of the jar not being full, reusing lids and some humidity could do it. :(

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
It's mostly in the 70's and maybe occasionally the low 80's so not too warm. I do reuse lids. The price has gone up and lids are a buck a piece. (Yeah, I'm cheap.) Jars are half to three quarters full. It does get humid. (It's New England where it's always humid (but not west coast Florida humid.)

So I guess a combination of the jar not being full, reusing lids and some humidity could do it. :(
That's pretty much it