why does my ppm keep raising ?

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
not if the plant is in the process of locking out, then nute burn wouldnt be observed right away.
1300 is too high. 7-8 should be as high as youd want to go unelss the plant says different. The reason for the rise is as was said plants are drinking more water then nutes. Just top off with regular water and rebalance if necessary.
I agree, if they were drinking they would more than likely be dead. I use to run dwc and made my mistakes. And one was running high ppm. Plants always looked better running around 400 ppm with lots of air. Give it a try and you will be surprised at how much better they will grow. Have fun 😁

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I agree, if they were drinking they would more than likely be dead. I use to run dwc and made my mistakes. And one was running high ppm. Plants always looked better running around 400 ppm with lots of air. Give it a try and you will be surprised at how much better they will grow. Have fun 😁
Ive had more experience with AN in hydro. But 4 was perfect for lil guys and early veg. They would get really light green and want more. But I was vegging 3-4 foot monsters. That definitely plays a role. Plant size. I just upped my A dub in hydro from 6 to 750 she was lightening up. I'll run two almost identical clones in hydro one at 4 the whole time and the other where I raise and lower it according to maturity and what the plant tells me. Could you link me to your journal for my convenience.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
not if the plant is in the process of locking out, then nute burn wouldnt be observed right away.
1300 is too high. 7-8 should be as high as youd want to go unelss the plant says different. The reason for the rise is as was said plants are drinking more water then nutes. Just top off with regular water and rebalance if necessary.
Still quite not understanding. But maybe soils different or I’m missing something.

I know if I let mine go any lower than 1000 they start looking like shit. Running them at 15 to 2000 and my plants are loving it. This guys 3 weeks into flower so I would think he would want a little higher of a ppm anyway veg I can see maybe 4 or 500 as your starting point to see how they respond but running them their whole lives on 400ppm seems like it wouldn’t be enough in my opinion. My plants would be dead looking if I ran them at 400ppms during flowering

I understand what your saying about the lockout but I’m not sure that’s what it would be if his ph is good correct? If the ppms being that high was that much of a concern I do a res change and drop the ppms to a light feeding like 400 to 500 and go from there.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Still quite not understanding. But maybe soils different or I’m missing something.

I know if I let mine go any lower than 1000 they start looking like shit. Running them at 15 to 2000 and my plants are loving it. This guys 3 weeks into flower so I would think he would want a little higher of a ppm anyway veg I can see maybe 4 or 500 as your starting point to see how they respond but running them their whole lives on 400ppm seems like it wouldn’t be enough in my opinion. My plants would be dead looking if I ran them at 400ppms during flowering

I understand what your saying about the lockout but I’m not sure that’s what it would be if his ph is good correct? If the ppms being that high was that much of a concern I do a res change and drop the ppms to a light feeding like 400 to 500 and go from there.
Soil os completely different than dwc. You have buffers in soil DWC CANT run that high . I was just stating my experience with 2 DWC RUNS. PH IS SUPER IMPORTSNT.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway

I locked out my Jenny with high nutes and generally perfect pH.
I agree with the 4-5 base and going from there. But 2k is insane my friend. It works it works. I just know if i ran 2k in my garden theyd be burnt. Im curious though what tds/ec meter you use. I generally run around 8 in flower.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
Soil os completely different than dwc. You have buffers in soil DWC CANT run that high . I was just stating my experience with 2 DWC RUNS. PH IS SUPER IMPORTSNT.
Gotcha. Yea I no ph is important which I why I asked him. He said it was 5.8 to 6.1. I no the ideal range is 5.5 to 6 so I figured this was ok.

I locked out my Jenny with high nutes and generally perfect pH.
I agree with the 4-5 base and going from there. But 2k is insane my friend. It works it works. I just know if i ran 2k in my garden theyd be burnt. Im curious though what tds/ec meter you use. I generally run around 8 in flower.
I use 2 different meters right now. Ones just for tds and the other is tds and ph. Then I use ph strips. I always try to double check everything now.

And when I say there running 15 to 2. They get that high but these plants eat so much there down to 12 and 1300 again in a matter of days. So far I’ve seen great growth and no tip burning. If you check my journal you can see them and how fast they grew my ph when higher ppms is like 6.5 or 6.6 my ph with lower ppms sits around 6.0 to 6.2

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
Ime(maybe 10 years of hydro/dwc) 200-400ppm veg and seedlings, 500-800 for flower. I grow big plants which has a pretty drastic effect on what the plant can take in dwc. The old romulan cut was the only plant o remember really needing over 1000 ppm in dwc early to mid flower, think it was up to 1400 or so for about a week before cutting back, but that bitch could run at fucking 2k in soil outdoors when it was big and loved it. Very unusual though. Ime most strains in most media would rather be at the low end of the feeding range than overfed by a long shot.

At this point I’m in coco, rockwool, and dwc, and I use dyna grow and veg plus bloom in their recommended amounts. Never over. If the plants look like they’re starting to get a little overfed, I’ll feed straight water for a day or two and that almost always solves the problem.

read your plants. They let you know what’s up

Sc006

If I know anything. I know nothing.
They way I like to think about is soil is kinda like a muscle car. Where as dwc is a top fuel dragster. Which is great till it blows the fuck up! Lol if you don't watch it closely. There basically sitting in solution of nutrients. There no buffers everything happens quickly.

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
They way I like to think about is soil is kinda like a muscle car. Where as dwc is a top fuel dragster. Which is great till it blows the fuck up! Lol if you don't watch it closely. There basically sitting in solution of nutrients. There no buffers everything happens quickly.
Plant size and Bennies are really the only sort of buffers you get

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
Depends how intense your lights are. You have to feed higher in DWC than RDWC. That's been my experience, anyway. Ran around 600 max in RDWC. In DWC , depending on the plant, I'll go as high as 1200. I'm running more powerful lights than you tho. Personally, I would bump them down to around 700 ppm and see how they react.

Your ppm meter also plays a role. There are different scales. 500 ppm on one might be 700 ppm on another. So know what scale you are using. Or you can go by EC if you want.

SoLowDoughLow

Mediocre grower
I didn't see your humidity, but if it's really low, your plants will be using a lot more water and your ppm will rise. You have to compensate by either raising your humidity, or lowering your ppm.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
I think I gotta give coco a run one day. I hear it's the best of both worlds. Guess I will have to see. Just learning DWC myself after coming from soil.
i did dwc way way back in high school i dont think dwc was even a thing yet or maybe it was just starting to catch on. I used a 5g bucket with a milk crate on top. black plastic bag inside the milk crate with a small amount of soil just to keep everything in place. threw a aquarium bubbler in it and still to this day i have never seen a plant grow so fast. wasnt lucky enough to take her through flowering but ever since then its been on my mind to try again

whenever i get around to calling the electrician ill be running a drip system with grodan blocks. once this is setup and running smoothly ill have more time and space to experiment.

i did dwc way way back in high school i dont think dwc was even a thing yet or maybe it was just starting to catch on. I used a 5g bucket with a milk crate on top. black plastic bag inside the milk crate with a small amount of soil just to keep everything in place. threw a aquarium bubbler in it and still to this day i have never seen a plant grow so fast. wasnt lucky enough to take her through flowering but ever since then its been on my mind to try again

whenever i get around to calling the electrician ill be running a drip system with grodan blocks. once this is setup and running smoothly ill have more time and space to experiment.
Yea I ran one bucket and like you said....never once seen a plant grow so big as fast as it did. I just started a 4 site individual res DWC system. Excited to have this one going. Makes everything you learn about soil go right out the window lol