Who else gets sick from neem?

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
So...my buddy uses neem oil and neem cake in his soil grows and I do not.
So about 10 yrs ago I got a suspicion about neem effecting me in adverse ways...so I stopped using it altogether...fast forward to now...I gave my buddy some Grape Stomper F4 (Omuerta Genetix) clones to grow that I had...his finished like 2 months ago and he brought me some...later I got a headache, dry scratchy throat and generally felt crappy....so the next day all is good and I smoke it again...bam... same situation.
So I ask him by chance if he used neem or what...turns out he did...my conclusion...since everytime I smoke weed that was grown using neem...I feel this exact way...I must have some sensitivity to neem!
Thoughts?

NEEM NOT BEEN!

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
You best grow your own because a lot of commercially sold medication has neem.
I do grow my own...I gave him the clones so he gave me some to try...tasted great...effects...not so great.
I have some GS in jars I grew and I'm pulling down 4 plants tonight with about 2ozs each on them.

But YES you are correct about that!
Grow my own and do not worry about it.

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
Good read...but in my case it responds directly to weed grown using some sort of neem...I smoke my weed all the time with no problems...I grow all organic soil and teas...that is it...granted I lost a lot of grows last year due to mite infestations...but I have a handle on that now. 🤞

M48

Super Active Member
Good read...but in my case it responds directly to weed grown using some sort of neem...I smoke my weed all the time with no problems...I grow all organic soil and teas...that is it...granted I lost a lot of grows last year due to mite infestations...but I have a handle on that now. 🤞
This makes so much sense I've been trying for like a year to figure why dispo edis give me a headache at 100mg of thc or so but my own do not give me a headache no matter how much I eat

golgotha

Really Active Member
Neem is considered organic but it is not OMRI certified for this reason.

That could be why Black Swallow living soils carries it but they will not recommend or advise how to use it.

Mr. Krinkle

Yea i haven't used it in well over 5 years - especially when a couple ppl i know ended up with Hyperemesis and thought it was from Neem also

but i never really used it much anyway - i dont even do preventatives anymore....by far the best preventative is to just not take any clones in and just run your own beans