What's this?

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
I have a couple plants that are turning like this and I'm not sure what's wrong. It's a month old plant in Fox Farm Happy Frog so it should have reasonable nutrients. Any ideas?

View attachment 130374
Longtime no see @baldmountain. I would let it dry out first. Once it is dry I would transplant it. Knock off the old soil and transplant it into fresh soil. Water it bottle water or rain. Good luck.

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Roots look fine, although a bit root bound but not bad. I add a teaspoon of General Hydroponics FloraGrow to each gallon of water. Not as feed but to get the water PH in the right range. I try to let my plants dry out a *LOT* between waterings. If anything, I let them get too dry and they start to droop.

And Hi @Joebud! Just been very busy. (And not doing a great job taking care of my plants because of it.)

ttystikk

Nerd Gone Vertical
I have a couple plants that are turning like this and I'm not sure what's wrong. It's a month old plant in Fox Farm Happy Frog so it should have reasonable nutrients. Any ideas?

View attachment 130374
I'm seeing multiple nutrient deficiencies, which tells me it's time to flush your root zone with a fresh batch of nutrient solution. The flush is to displace any possible nutrient excess concentration there may be and replace it with fresh balanced nutrition.

How strong is your light? Temperature and humidity? If the light is strong, temps are high and RH is low (or any two out of three) chances are your plant is starving and cannibalizing itself for nutrients to keep the growth buds supplied.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Looks like you had excess salt build up, inhibiting potassium uptake.
Maybe some Calcium problems too. Early stage of Mag def.
The plant seems to be working the problem out on it's own by the looks of the newer growth.

Keeping the plant too dry will cause the salts to build up.
Then, when you do give them a good watering,
the plant gets overwhelmed by the high amount of undissolved salt build up from the partial watering, and goes "wonky" locking stuff out.
I don't think it's a "ph" problem.
Hard to lock potassium out with "ph" alone. (would be below 5.0)

Flush with water, then 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutrient mix.
Your plant is healing up now.
It should be fine, as long as your roots are in good condition.